U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2018, 03:15 PM

10,921 posts, read 19,199,324 times

Advertisements

I just cut the elastic out or shorten the pants and hem without elastic. I have nerve damage over one ankle and wearing elastic there feels like the top of my foot is being poked with pins. I didn't know it bothered anyone else, though, since it's so commonly used.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2018, 01:02 AM

1,005 posts, read 673,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShouldIMoveOrStayPut...? View Post
I'm just the opposite! I don't like sweats that have non-banded ankles. I find the ankle bands keep them from riding up when sitting or working, exercising in them. Open ankles flop and flap around, etc... and I just find banded ankles more comfortable in general.

To each their own, I suppose...
Me too. I often wear sweatpants to bed in the winter and hate sleeping with pant legs bunched up at my knees.

Old Today, 02:16 PM

1,482 posts, read 946,534 times
Look for where the sides meet at the inside bottom of the leg, open it up, cut the elastic. No more strangled ankles.
The sweats don't even look like they started out with elastic when you do this.
Free your ankles from being strangled by elastic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty