U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old Today, 07:33 PM
 
Location: Fort Lauderdale, Florida
8,310 posts, read 7,591,851 times
Reputation: 17447

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcandme View Post
For the life of me, I can`t understand why people wear clothing that they look terrible in.
Because they don't own mirrors?

Before you continue to fat bash, I've seen plenty of really skinny people in inappropriate clothing.

It isn't a size issue but a taste issue.

 
Old Today, 07:36 PM
 
Location: Garbage, NC
3,095 posts, read 1,864,544 times
Reputation: 7946
Some women find themselves at an "in-between" size in-between regular and plus-size clothing where finding clothes that fit properly is not easy.

You would think that if the biggest size in the "regular" section doesn't fit that just heading over to plus-size would be an easy solution, but it's not that simple. Plus-size clothing is harder to find, is cut completely differently and much more expensive.

So for people in this situation, squeezing into something that "fits" in a regular store, even if it perhaps doesn't fit well or perhaps if there is zero extra room for shrinkage, end up being common.
 
Old Today, 08:44 PM
 
24,079 posts, read 31,378,127 times
Reputation: 28852
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog_Mom View Post
Just what we need, another fat bashing thread.

When you read fashion advice for larger folks, you'll see repeated often the idea that loose, baggy clothes just make a heavy person look heavier. Maybe the people you're talking about have been taking that advice.
No, they don't. Clothes that actually FIT look the best.
 
Old Today, 08:58 PM
 
7,116 posts, read 2,791,192 times
Reputation: 19133
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
No, they don't. Clothes that actually FIT look the best.
I think loose fitting clothing is more flattering. If you have a pretty flowing dress, vs. something that clings where you can see rolls, that's not that attractive. A pretty, loose fitting flowing dress is so very appealing.
 
Old Today, 09:22 PM
 
7,413 posts, read 5,562,657 times
Reputation: 5115
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I think loose fitting clothing is more flattering. If you have a pretty flowing dress, vs. something that clings where you can see rolls, that's not that attractive. A pretty, loose fitting flowing dress is so very appealing.
I honesty like it when a woman wears loose fitting clothing. They seem a little more "comfortable". At the same time, women that love wearing tight clothing, do your thing.

For the most part, I'm no one to be harping on what other people wear with the crap I wear. I clearly do not dress to impress...

My only (non)issue is when someone is barely dressed up wearing short shorts or short skirts and a t-shirt and its 20-30 degrees out. I'm shivering in 3 layers of clothing and you're almost naked, I wish my body could generate that kind of heat.


I'd freeze to death in a warm building just watching people walk around like that.
 
Old Today, 09:27 PM
 
Location: Oakland, CA
27,002 posts, read 28,433,177 times
Reputation: 26236
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkmax View Post
Some women find themselves at an "in-between" size in-between regular and plus-size clothing where finding clothes that fit properly is not easy.

You would think that if the biggest size in the "regular" section doesn't fit that just heading over to plus-size would be an easy solution, but it's not that simple. Plus-size clothing is harder to find, is cut completely differently and much more expensive.

So for people in this situation, squeezing into something that "fits" in a regular store, even if it perhaps doesn't fit well or perhaps if there is zero extra room for shrinkage, end up being common.
True statement. When I was more in betweener I had this problem. I really needed mised cut in one size bigger. I didnít squeeze, Iíd skip or alter. Or stick with knit or jersey dresses for a more forgiving fit. But it was annoying.
 
Old Today, 09:31 PM
 
Location: Oakland, CA
27,002 posts, read 28,433,177 times
Reputation: 26236
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I think loose fitting clothing is more flattering. If you have a pretty flowing dress, vs. something that clings where you can see rolls, that's not that attractive. A pretty, loose fitting flowing dress is so very appealing.
There is a wide amount of space between loose and clingy. I prefer skimming and fitted, Not clingy. Not loose. Loose looks horrible on me. Even in a looser silhouette you gotta choose a place that fits perfectly.
 
Old Today, 10:03 PM
 
Location: Southwest Washington State
19,324 posts, read 12,764,025 times
Reputation: 25303
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcandme View Post
For the life of me, I can`t understand why people wear clothing that they look terrible in. Why do heavy people insist on wearing tight clothing, with tucked in shirts, with their bellies hanging over their belts. It isn`t where they can`t afford clothing, as they are walking around with their expensive phones in one hand, and Starbucks in another, in their tattooed hand. Are they just trying to attract attention to themselves?
Judgy, judgy, judgy.

There are a lot of generalizations here.

I canít understand why people pay so much attention to what others wear.
 
Old Today, 10:21 PM
 
Location: Mid-Atlantic
23,061 posts, read 22,094,291 times
Reputation: 28132
I think that they also have some sort of skewed body image.
 
Old Today, 10:37 PM
 
1,111 posts, read 374,023 times
Reputation: 2031
"Because fat people are stupid and lazy...isnt that where these fat bashing threads always go."
yes and yes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top