Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2018, 02:54 PM

8,754 posts, read 5,042,001 times

Advertisements

For the life of me, I can`t understand why people wear clothing that they look terrible in. Why do heavy people insist on wearing tight clothing, with tucked in shirts, with their bellies hanging over their belts. It isn`t where they can`t afford clothing, as they are walking around with their expensive phones in one hand, and Starbucks in another, in their tattooed hand. Are they just trying to attract attention to themselves?

Old 12-04-2018, 03:04 PM

4,717 posts, read 3,265,237 times
I know what you mean- it always surprises me to see women 30 lbs. heavier scanning the same section of clothing size that I am.

Two possibilities: not wanting to admit you're a larger size, and trying to squeeze into things you bought before you gained weight, maybe hoping you'll lose weight. It's certainly not flattering, though, and I HATE the feeling of wearing tight clothes.

Old 12-04-2018, 03:18 PM

11,495 posts, read 26,859,038 times
Just what we need, another fat bashing thread.

When you read fashion advice for larger folks, you'll see repeated often the idea that loose, baggy clothes just make a heavy person look heavier. Maybe the people you're talking about have been taking that advice.

Old 12-04-2018, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog_Mom View Post
Just what we need, another fat bashing thread.

When you read fashion advice for larger folks, you'll see repeated often the idea that loose, baggy clothes just make a heavy person look heavier. Maybe the people you're talking about have been taking that advice.
I should of added those that are very very slim. The same goes or them. Wearing clothing that is extremely unflattering.

Old 12-04-2018, 04:00 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,720,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcandme View Post
For the life of me, I can`t understand why people wear clothing that they look terrible in. Why do heavy people insist on wearing tight clothing, with tucked in shirts, with their bellies hanging over their belts. It isn`t where they can`t afford clothing, as they are walking around with their expensive phones in one hand, and Starbucks in another, in their tattooed hand. Are they just trying to attract attention to themselves?
Because fat people are stupid and lazy...isnt that where these fat bashing threads always go.

Seriously, who cares? Avert your eyes if it offends your sensibility. I do the same when I see people wearing things I think are stupid or look bad on them, regardless of their size.

Old 12-04-2018, 04:03 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,720,029 times
Quote:
I should of added those that are very very slim. The same goes or them. Wearing clothing that is extremely unflattering.
Oh, do you get to decide what is or is not unflattering on everyone? Was there some sort of vote?

I can guarantee someone out there thinks that something you wear is unflattering. Maybe they should make a thread about what you wear?

Old 12-04-2018, 04:32 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,138,210 times
Okay, but clothing that is inappropriate is not the same thing as clothing that isn't flattering.

Old 12-04-2018, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
Okay, but clothing that is inappropriate is not the same thing as clothing that isn't flattering.
I guess what started me on this thread was seeing to many butt cracks, in the past few weeks. Hate going into a grocery store, and seeing tight ill fitting clothes, that when bending over (both men and women), you get a close up view of their ugly butt. Sure you can look away, but once you see it you can`t unsee it. All it would take is a longer shirt or blouse

Old 12-04-2018, 04:49 PM

11,495 posts, read 26,859,038 times
Quote:
I guess what started me on this thread was seeing to many butt cracks, in the past few weeks. Hate going into a grocery store, and seeing tight ill fitting clothes, that when bending over (both men and women), you get a close up view of their ugly butt. Sure you can look away, but once you see it you can`t unsee it. All it would take is a longer shirt or blouse
What you mentioned above was tucked in shirts with big bellies hanging over the belt. With a belt and a tucked in shirt, it would be difficult to see someone's butt crack.

Old 12-04-2018, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog_Mom View Post
What you mentioned above was tucked in shirts with big bellies hanging over the belt. With a belt and a tucked in shirt, it would be difficult to see someone's butt crack.
You would think so, but with lpants hanging well below the waist, bending over causes the pants, to come down, and shirts to ride up. If you havn`t seen this, you are lucky. It`s like the fad, of young guys, wearing boxers, with their jeans hanging low....only they are doing it on purpose
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty