U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 09:12 AM

2,100 posts, read 1,364,826 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeMargeSentMe View Post
Everyone's going to wearing them when they're back full force and everyone else is wearing them and society is again convinced they're cool. Just like the mom jeans. Then they'll be frowning upon skinny jeans. Come on now.

the cruel nature of fashion world. Every one decides who (what item) to pick on and poor thing gets slaughtered only to be cool all over again. I never gave up on my boot cut jeans
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 09:13 AM

410 posts, read 414,900 times
Agreed, these look REALLY bad due to the color and poor footwear choices.

Old Yesterday, 09:30 AM

24,099 posts, read 31,391,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
They've never gone out. I've seen them pretty much anywhere that sells a good selection of jean styles. It's pretty well published that they are the most flattering jean style for women, so it would be silly to expect them to go out of style. They are all I wear - I have very athletic calves, and the stupid "skinny" styles look idiotic on my legs, and I despise the super stretchy ones that most people wear these days. I find them neither flattering nor comfortable.

Gap, Old Navy, Levi's, Lucky....I wear them all, and all have boot cut.

The pictures in your link are absurd - no one wears them like that. Surely you know that.

Old Yesterday, 09:54 AM

2,217 posts, read 3,039,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
I’m quite sure the pair featured in GQ magazine are BELLBOTTOMS. Bootcut jeans should not be narrow at the knee but rather be straight down and widen gradually below the knee. See Wrangler and Levi’s.

I have 1 pair of Bootcuts jeans. I had two, but kept one “just in case.” At one point, I only wore bootcut, but my style changed and I found I wasn’t wearing them much.

Oh, this must be news to places wherever cowboy boots are worn. In some areas of the country, bootcut jeans never left.

Old Yesterday, 10:00 AM

3,178 posts, read 1,279,244 times
I have several pairs of bootcut jeans. They aren’t in style now and I haven’t gotten new pairs for years, but they are in decent shape and I see no reason to throw them away. I still wear them fairly frequently, particularly in my pottery class since they wash and my shoes— don’t wash as easily!

Most of the ones in the picture seem to be several inches too long and slouchy though.

Old Yesterday, 10:27 AM

3,324 posts, read 1,558,679 times
I actually love these jeans, but then I wear boots a LOT and like to wear my jeans over them. If they fit snugly in the hips and upper thigh I think they look great, if not, I don't like the baggy look.

Old Yesterday, 10:56 AM

10,151 posts, read 5,872,607 times
Those are too loose and silly looking. A slim boot cut is great and looks good on most body types.

Old Yesterday, 10:57 AM

19,348 posts, read 12,771,824 times
Those look like flare legged jeans to me.

Old Yesterday, 11:08 AM

31,266 posts, read 9,321,273 times
LOL Those sure don't look like any bootcut jeans I've ever worn.

Old Yesterday, 11:19 AM

5,238 posts, read 3,731,062 times
Since when did they GO out of style? I've seen them around since I was young. To each their own and if they fit properly over boots, WHO CARES?

Bell bottoms pr stove pipes on the other hand... YUCK!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty