U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 12-31-2006, 10:56 AM
 
Location: Colorado
10,017 posts, read 16,692,551 times
Reputation: 2086

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBoating View Post
First of all, gizmo980......you had better read the reply from roxannel who says that she is the Director of HR for a very large company.
Some of you have critizised my replies about this topic, but I totally agree with what HappyandMarried and roxannel says.
All of you and do whatever you want to with your bodies, but YOU are the ones that have to face the "looks", "whispers", "judgements" that can (and a lot of times DOES) come from it. And, you can say, "please don't judge us" and yet you are judging the people who don't like the look.
I could care less what those people think, let them look, whisper and judge, just lets us know what kind of people they really are. Judgemental and unaccepting, only God has the right to judge, I dont think he will bar me from heaven for a little art.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-31-2006, 10:57 AM
 
Location: Colorado
10,017 posts, read 16,692,551 times
Reputation: 2086
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhyrnut View Post
I always wanted a dragon perched on the earth with stars and Lightning in the Black backdrop and a smile on the dragon. Can't find an artist to do it though.
That sounds like a cool tat, where are you thinking of putting it? You need to look around for a person that has been doing them for years though, they are usually the best.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-31-2006, 11:10 AM
 
Location: Bay Area, CA
28,185 posts, read 43,452,271 times
Reputation: 18568
Quote:
Originally Posted by roxannel View Post
Hi all... I'm a Director of Human Resources at a very large corporation. I can tell you first hand that when someone comes in for an interview with tattoos, they are immediately dismissed as a consideration. It that fair, probably not. If you consider though as a whole, a person who gets a tattoo is normally someone who likes to go against the grain, a rebell, and typically surrounds themselves with less than savory people... If you plan on being a rock star then move forward with mutilating your body... If you want to get a job where you make more than 20K a year, skip the tattoo...
I'm already in a professional career, which pays much more than 20K... and I have a master's degree, which counts for a lot more than one's appearance. So just because you're that quick to judge, don't assume everyone else is! Besides, how do you know whether someone has tattoos, unless they're showing them off (or have them in constantly exposed places)? Mine are easily covered with normal clothing, and none of my prospective employers have even noticed them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-31-2006, 11:13 AM
 
7,047 posts, read 15,987,444 times
Reputation: 4408
Judgemental and unaccepting......welcome to a lot of today's society!! And, I see no reason not to be "judgemental" of people. I have stated this before, I DO judge people on how they dress, how they act, what they say and their habits. If I (and my wife) don't want to be friends with people who smoke, say the "F" word and use God's name in vain, wear provacative/revealing clothes......that is a good thing. Heck, I get judged myself, but I don't necessarily go "bonkers" over it. I got judged all the time for being in professional rodeo. I would hear, "how could you tie that calf up"? "You could hurt that steer" (steer wrestling). I would just ignore them and keep right on roping. I got judged for hunting. "What did that deer ever do to you for you to kill it" Again, I just ignore the statements.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-31-2006, 11:15 AM
 
Location: Bay Area, CA
28,185 posts, read 43,452,271 times
Reputation: 18568
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBoating View Post
First of all, gizmo980......you had better read the reply from roxannel who says that she is the Director of HR for a very large company.
Some of you have critizised my replies about this topic, but I totally agree with what HappyandMarried and roxannel says.
All of you and do whatever you want to with your bodies, but YOU are the ones that have to face the "looks", "whispers", "judgements" that can (and a lot of times DOES) come from it. And, you can say, "please don't judge us" and yet you are judging the people who don't like the look.
I did read the post, and it means nothing other than the fact that she's highly judgemental... as I've stated NUMEROUS times, I have a very professional career, and the tattoos don't hurt it one bit. Can't you get that through your head??? And I'm not judging you for something external, I'm judging you based on character and actions - which are the only things one should judge. I couldn't care less whether you "like" them or not, or if you want them on yourself... but your attitude proves that you can't look past someone's exterior, which tells me exactly the kind of person you are. My parents hate tattoos & think they're ugly, but not ONCE did they judge my character after getting them. They simply roll their eyes, and continue loving me just the same. You might want to take a lesson from them...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-31-2006, 11:18 AM
 
Location: Colorado
10,017 posts, read 16,692,551 times
Reputation: 2086
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBoating View Post
Judgemental and unaccepting......welcome to a lot of today's society!! And, I see no reason not to be "judgemental" of people. I have stated this before, I DO judge people on how they dress, how they act, what they say and their habits. If I (and my wife) don't want to be friends with people who smoke, say the "F" word and use God's name in vain, wear provacative/revealing clothes......that is a good thing. Heck, I get judged myself, but I don't necessarily go "bonkers" over it. I got judged all the time for being in professional rodeo. I would hear, "how could you tie that calf up"? "You could hurt that steer" (steer wrestling). I would just ignore them and keep right on roping. I got judged for hunting. "What did that deer ever do to you for you to kill it" Again, I just ignore the statements.
So I guess we should just ignore your statements.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-31-2006, 11:19 AM
 
Location: Bay Area, CA
28,185 posts, read 43,452,271 times
Reputation: 18568
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBoating View Post
Judgemental and unaccepting......welcome to a lot of today's society!! And, I see no reason not to be "judgemental" of people. I have stated this before, I DO judge people on how they dress, how they act, what they say and their habits. If I (and my wife) don't want to be friends with people who smoke, say the "F" word and use God's name in vain, wear provacative/revealing clothes......that is a good thing. Heck, I get judged myself, but I don't necessarily go "bonkers" over it. I got judged all the time for being in professional rodeo. I would hear, "how could you tie that calf up"? "You could hurt that steer" (steer wrestling). I would just ignore them and keep right on roping. I got judged for hunting. "What did that deer ever do to you for you to kill it" Again, I just ignore the statements.
Of course everyone makes snap judgements occasionally, but the telling part is whether someone can get past it... I might think something based on your work, but once we speak & get past the outside, I make my real determination on what kind of person you are. I've been friends with ALL types of people, because I give others a chance to show their true character.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-31-2006, 11:21 AM
 
Location: Colorado
10,017 posts, read 16,692,551 times
Reputation: 2086
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
I'm already in a professional career, which pays much more than 20K... and I have a master's degree, which counts for a lot more than one's appearance. So just because you're that quick to judge, don't assume everyone else is! Besides, how do you know whether someone has tattoos, unless they're showing them off (or have them in constantly exposed places)? Mine are easily covered with normal clothing, and none of my prospective employers have even noticed them.
My husband too is a professional. Makes more than 70,000.00 He is a PM in construction, sees tats all the time, means nothing, usually they just compare!!! I know lots with Masters and bachelors, alot have tats, I think a company would be surprised to find out how many actually do and are just keeping them under wraps, what would there system for hiring be saying then?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-31-2006, 11:22 AM
 
Location: Bay Area, CA
28,185 posts, read 43,452,271 times
Reputation: 18568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
So I guess we should just ignore your statements.
I think that's probably wise advice... I really don't know why I let this get to me, since it's something I've heard a million times before. But I guess it's hard to ignore somebody attacking your integrity, and anyone who says "I don't care" is usually full of it - in my humble opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-31-2006, 11:26 AM
 
Location: Colorado
10,017 posts, read 16,692,551 times
Reputation: 2086
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
I think that's probably wise advice... I really don't know why I let this get to me, since it's something I've heard a million times before. But I guess it's hard to ignore somebody attacking your integrity, and anyone who says "I don't care" is usually full of it - in my humble opinion.
I dont care, it is there loss, that's the way I look at it!!! I have plenty of friends , dont need anyone full of misguided judgement around, there is to much of it in the world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top