Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2006, 12:05 PM

30,345 posts, read 51,937,226 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
If you choose wisely. they will look fine. I dont get face tats, ouch..... I dont plan on getting all sun damaged and wrinkled... and by that time why will I care? I will be more concerned that I wont wake up in the morning than if my tats have warped into some weird blob!!LOl
That's what I always say... who cares if you have a bad tattoo, when you're just happy to be alive & healthy? My grandma is a spry 89 (almost 90) years old, and I don't think she pays much attention to how cute she looks anymore. She's just thankful to have all her capacities, including the ability to walk unassisted - though very slowly, lol. And since everyone my age has tattoos anyway, we'll just be comparing our wrinkled blobs in the nursing home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2006, 12:07 PM

1,155 posts, read 3,333,337 times
All this talk is making me itchy for some more ink. I'm actually going to get some tomorrow, I'm starting my sleeve (right arm). I'll be thinking of you Loveboating and you too Roxannel.

BTW, getting a tattoo and hurting and torturing a innocent animal for your amusement or "sport", what you call "roping" are two completely different thing. Happy New Years Folks!!

Old 12-31-2006, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noljos View Post
All this talk is making me itchy for some more ink. I'm actually going to get some tomorrow, I'm starting my sleeve (right arm). I'll be thinking of you Loveboating and you too Roxannel.

BTW, getting a tattoo and hurting and torturing a innocent animal for your amusement or "sport", what you call "roping" are two completely different thing. Happy New Years Folks!!
Geez, now you gave me the itch! Happy New Year, and happy inking... you'd better come back and show us pictures!

Old 12-31-2006, 12:09 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,669,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Hey, isn't that all the rage among celebrities now? They can even make stripping trendy in Hollywood!
I have been doing it for him for years, they just do it to show off the plastic surgery results.!!

Old 12-31-2006, 12:10 PM

1,155 posts, read 3,333,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Geez, now you gave me the itch! Happy New Year, and happy inking... you'd better come back and show us pictures!

I definitely will.

Old 12-31-2006, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
I have been doing it for him for years, they just do it to show off the plastic surgery results.!!
I guess when they spend that much on boobs, it makes sense to show them off!

Old 12-31-2006, 05:15 PM

241 posts, read 998,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBoating View Post
Judgemental and unaccepting......welcome to a lot of today's society!! And, I see no reason not to be "judgemental" of people. I have stated this before, I DO judge people on how they dress, how they act, what they say and their habits. If I (and my wife) don't want to be friends with people who smoke, say the "F" word and use God's name in vain,

If you are so worried about them taking God's name in vain then why are you trying to do his job when he tells you in MATT: "JUDGE NOT LEAST YE BE JUDGED..." It goes on to say that the judgement that you use against others will be used against you. That is the reason for you NOT to judge, especially if you or anyone claims to be a Christian. Do you think that you can stand up to your own judgemental ways?

I don't judge until someone judges me and I know that I can't stand up to my own expectations, so I do my best to accept everyone for who they are not what they look like, or are wearing on their skin or not!

Old 12-31-2006, 08:22 PM

2,408 posts, read 14,393,679 times
This is one of those threads on this board where I feel such a generation gap with people on this board. I can't believe that tattoos are even seen as such a controversial issue by people. Weird....

Old 01-01-2007, 03:01 AM

8,942 posts, read 20,370,228 times
Well, the way I (and my wife) look at this tattoo Thread........there are people in today's society that will say "one or two tattoos are fine, but beyond that becomes?????" And, there are people out there that don't like the sight of them at all. Then, you have people that really love them. If some people don't like them, that should be fine. If other people do like them, that should be fine also. If people "choose" to judge others for the looks or other things, that should be ok also. If people "choose" not to judge others about looks, whatever.....that should be ok also.
If there are certain types of people that my wife and I "choose" not to be around, that should be ok because that is our choice. And, because we are judgemental in ways, that also mean that we aren't as "open minded" as some people think we should be. Not being that "open minded" should be ok also.
The lady that is a Director of HR is TOLD who she and her co-workers should hire and who they should not. A lot of big/major company's in the U.S. have an image they must keep......that means they have to/must look at ALL aspects (even looks) of a prospective employee. If a prospective employee does not pass a Literacy Test, that some company's do give, the company will not hire that person. That is fine with me. Even the company I work for has a Dress Code and "looks" Code.

Old 01-01-2007, 06:59 AM

436 posts, read 681,707 times
No offense, but there is a touch of the thin-skinned naivete on this thread regarding the judging of others by ones appearance (tattoos & all). People do judge and form opinions of those around them by speech, appearance, etc. No over-repeated biblical quotes, no taking a personal affront over being judged by others, no decrying the 'generation gap', and no wishful thinking will change human nature regarding this. However, we the people know how to separate the packaging from the contents. Dr. King's words from his civil rights speech, "Judge us by the content of our character, and not by the color of our skin", strike a chord beyond just the racial context.

Last edited by brian_2; 01-01-2007 at 07:22 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty