Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2007, 10:23 AM

1,806 posts, read 5,704,418 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by noljos View Post
Hey 33458, I love the shadow on the spiders. Nice touch.
Janine kicks...she's in Northern Ireland, comes over once a year for a convention. So once a year...(well...prior to motherhood - I don't dig the idea of dragging my little one around in that kind of environment.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2007, 04:06 PM

569 posts, read 1,228,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Grass Fever View Post
The "tramp-stamp" refers to the tattoo that's above your butt-crack/lower back region.
That reminds me of story a buddy told me a while back. He's a police officer of Asian decent in Minnesota. He had locked up a young woman that had a "tramp-stamp" of Chinese characters. He asked if she knew what they meant, to which she replied she did and told him what the meaning was. He feigned shock and said that is not what it meant. He then told her that was Chinese for "Enter here"! Being that he is Asian she believed him and went nuts.

He doesn't speak/read a lick of Chinese, Japanese, Korean, etc. By the way, he never told her he was kidding! I can only imagine the scene she would have caused when she went back to the tattoo parlor.

Old 01-11-2007, 01:37 AM

5,080 posts, read 9,948,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdbeard5 View Post
That reminds me of story a buddy told me a while back. He's a police officer of Asian decent in Minnesota. He had locked up a young woman that had a "tramp-stamp" of Chinese characters. He asked if she knew what they meant, to which she replied she did and told him what the meaning was. He feigned shock and said that is not what it meant. He then told her that was Chinese for "Enter here"! Being that he is Asian she believed him and went nuts.

He doesn't speak/read a lick of Chinese, Japanese, Korean, etc. By the way, he never told her he was kidding! I can only imagine the scene she would have caused when she went back to the tattoo parlor.
HAHAHAHAHA.. I have also heard the term Tramp Stamp.. and A$$HAT. Very funny that the cop did that.

Old 01-11-2007, 02:23 AM

30,311 posts, read 51,912,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdbeard5 View Post

That's actually a common "urban legend"... not to say it didn't happen to your friend, but I've heard other versions of that story! Still hilarious, whether or not it's true! My sister has a Chinese symbol tattooed on her ankle, but luckily her two best friends are Chinese - so unless they secretly hate her, the meaning was verified to be true (Happiness & Good Luck).

Old 01-11-2007, 07:53 AM

1,806 posts, read 5,704,418 times
It's fairly easy to research all that beforehand...10 minutes online at a qualified translation site will verify Pinyin symbols.

The characters on my calf represent my daughter's Chinese name.

Old 02-04-2012, 12:18 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,766,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyHateMachine View Post
Does anyone have tattoos? Pics please?

I will post mine as soon as my wife gets back and can take pictures of mine.
I have two! I don't have a camera though.

Old 06-18-2013, 12:27 PM

3,718 posts, read 5,693,762 times
I want a few tattoos but the problem with me is that I am hairy, I'll admit. I know a couple of guys who have ink (on their arms) and they're hairy. I wouldn't want my ink to be covered with body hair.

Would the idea of getting the area of hair where I want a tattoo done permanently removed a good idea? If not, what else could you suggest?

Thanks

Old 06-18-2013, 12:41 PM

2,728 posts, read 2,698,021 times
I have no any but one day I will take a one

Old 06-18-2013, 03:39 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,345,842 times
Wow this sure is an old thread....

About shaving where your tattoo is. I think that may look kind of weird, just shaved in that spot and no where else, unless you go on and shave it all and what a pain in the butt that would be.

Old 06-18-2013, 05:25 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,617,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joke Insurance View Post
I want a few tattoos but the problem with me is that I am hairy, I'll admit. I know a couple of guys who have ink (on their arms) and they're hairy. I wouldn't want my ink to be covered with body hair.

Would the idea of getting the area of hair where I want a tattoo done permanently removed a good idea? If not, what else could you suggest?

Thanks
What about the inside of your upper arm? Most people aren't very hairy there, and it's an interesting place to have a tattoo t
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty