U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2018, 06:07 PM

3,270 posts, read 2,876,861 times

Advertisements

I want new clothes and a new body. When I find what I like I wear it to death. I want cute smaller clothes so I can try some new styles.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2018, 06:11 PM

3,348 posts, read 1,572,664 times
I like all my clothes. There are some items no long needed since I retired. Lots of dresses and skirts.

I keep a plastic bag in my closet and toss out stuff I do not just love. I have many items I need to ebay after the new year.

Old 12-11-2018, 07:12 PM

1,513 posts, read 783,117 times
Am I satisfied with the clothes I have? Not really. I like the sweat pants I wear all winter and the old sweat shirts and knit turtlenecks that go with them. But I don't like my summer tee shirts. I hate that the sleeves are too short and the neck lines too scooped. All for the sake of showing as much female skin as possible, I guess. Or else to just cut down on the amount of raw material that goes into a tee shirt today. And no, I don't like the jeans or slacks of today. "Average" is too short and "long" is too long (when I can even find "long"). Plus I hate that the waistlines are cut as low as they are. Ditto for panties. Even "briefs" barely cover the belly button--if at all. Some of the panties today that are labeled "briefs" do not come above the belly button. Again, all for the sake of using less raw material. I order panties online and I know of only one brand that is long enough to sit at my natural waistline. At my age--83--comfort (cool in summer, warm in winter, not too fancy and covered well) is #1 for me and it seems like it gets more difficult every year to meet that criteria.

Old 12-11-2018, 07:35 PM

5,152 posts, read 9,499,209 times
Yes! I really like the clothes I have. Just have too many of them...enjoy consignment and thrift store shopping and it shows. Gotta do more purging.

Old 12-11-2018, 07:43 PM

3,243 posts, read 1,293,582 times
I'm only looking for one specific item (a fuzzy leopard hat with a brim. I have a clear picture in my mind, but can't find the exact one), so I guess I'm pretty happy with my wardrobe.

But when I find something I like, I'll buy it, and get rid of things I don't wear. I've been living out of suitcases since April, so I don't want a lot of clothes.

Old 12-11-2018, 08:14 PM

2,822 posts, read 2,561,564 times
While I am satisfied in the clothes I have, and am grateful to not be in want of them, I am more often satisfied without my clothes or when partially clothed.

Thread made me recall the wisdom of Job - "Naked I came from my mothers womb and naked shall I depart"....

Old Yesterday, 07:04 AM

362 posts, read 105,074 times
I have all the clothing I need but it's serviceable, plain stuff. I'd rather dress a little more feminine, a little boho (think broomstick skirt and cowboy boots) but that doesn't fit into my lifestyle here and I'm not going to waste money buying stuff I'll never wear. I also have a conservative job so boho is out. Also, weather is cold and rainy here for 6 months out of the year which means skirts are out.

Anyway, I never really feel that I look feminine and stylish so my self image tends to suffer. Also, in order to feel and look more stylish, I'd have to buy the most current trends which I hate. Hate skinny pants, tunic tops, fly away sweaters, low cut summer tops. Don't like the current trend of wearing athletic wear every day. Also, most of the stores in my budget don't carry my size. I'm a size 2 but I'm not a petite. Petite pants are too short on me. No, I can't afford to pay for better labels.

Like other posters have said, it's all about being grateful for what we have.

Old Yesterday, 09:03 AM

7,481 posts, read 5,590,369 times
I am satisfied with my spring/summer clothes, but I feel I am lacking in winter. I am going to buy a few more clothes over the next year and then I am going to slow down.

Old Yesterday, 02:31 PM

Location: Drink a gallon of water a day. You wont have time for other peoples drama.
2,200 posts, read 5,339,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Jazz View Post
I was wondering, are you fully satisfied in the clothes you have?

I stocked up in the past three years (especially spring/summer clothes) that I think for 2019 I will probably slow down in buying clothes unless I find something I really like. I want to save a little bit of money in 2019.

Yes and no. I have my old favorites but they are starting to show wear and I cant find anything new that I like. Im tall and curvy so I have a hard time with fit. Also I prefer dark greens and other autumn colors. And I like collars on my shirts.

I did find a pair of green shoes.

Old Today, 10:26 AM

19,445 posts, read 12,834,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seagrape Grove View Post
Am I satisfied with the clothes I have? Not really. I like the sweat pants I wear all winter and the old sweat shirts and knit turtlenecks that go with them. But I don't like my summer tee shirts. I hate that the sleeves are too short and the neck lines too scooped. All for the sake of showing as much female skin as possible, I guess. Or else to just cut down on the amount of raw material that goes into a tee shirt today. And no, I don't like the jeans or slacks of today. "Average" is too short and "long" is too long (when I can even find "long"). Plus I hate that the waistlines are cut as low as they are. Ditto for panties. Even "briefs" barely cover the belly button--if at all. Some of the panties today that are labeled "briefs" do not come above the belly button. Again, all for the sake of using less raw material. I order panties online and I know of only one brand that is long enough to sit at my natural waistline. At my age--83--comfort (cool in summer, warm in winter, not too fancy and covered well) is #1 for me and it seems like it gets more difficult every year to meet that criteria.
High waisted jeans are out there now. High waisted pants—that is pants that sit at the natural waist—are coming back into style after being absent for so long.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or