Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2018, 04:12 PM

1 posts, read 662 times

Advertisements

Hi! I wanted to try a new foundation and concealer. I am currently using 'wet n wild photofocus foundation' and 'makeup revolution conceal & define', but I am looking for something new and equally good. Any suggestions, what are the best foundations and concealer? Or what do you use and love?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2018, 08:21 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,020,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarolinaRozak View Post
I am currently using 'wet n wild photofocus foundation'
I kept hearing good things about it, being great coverage for a cheap brand. But it smells like paint thinner. Does it always smell like that, or did I get a bad bottle? I even had my SO smell it, and he also thought it smelled like paint thinner, warned me not to put it on my face.

I've been using Cover Girl Outlast 3-in-1 Foundation. It has good coverage, but light ebough that I don't feel like I'm wearing any makeup. I tried their matte formula, but it made my face oily. I also like the E.L.F. brand stick foundation, but they stopped carrying it most places. I think Ulta online is one of the few places that carry it, which is when I switched to trying the wet n wild.

Old 12-10-2018, 11:23 PM

3,125 posts, read 3,022,934 times
I love Maybelline. I do the Dream Liquid as my everyday. For a rare big night out, I put on my Dream Liquid first and then use Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse, which is a really heavy coverage for everyday but helps me look really great for nights out.

Old 12-11-2018, 04:10 AM

16,421 posts, read 12,507,028 times
I love the Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless or the Maybelline Superstay.

For concealer, it doesn’t get much better than the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind concealer.

Old 12-11-2018, 09:43 AM

2,575 posts, read 2,077,083 times
Tarte Shape Tape for concealer is my favorite.

I have yet to find a foundation I love enough to recommend.

Old 12-11-2018, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crd08 View Post
Tarte Shape Tape for concealer is my favorite.
Yeah, I would have to agree with that. I was thinking in terms of drug store brands. I figured someone using Wet & Wild would have a hard time justifying $27 for concealer.

Old 12-11-2018, 11:50 AM

15,546 posts, read 12,020,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
I figured someone using Wet & Wild would have a hard time justifying $27 for concealer.
That's a rude thing to assume. The OP said nothing about a budget. Many beauty bloggers have been recommending the wet n wild photo focus foundation lately. That's why I tried it. I had been seeing so many recommendations, and figured why not try it for $5. That doesn't mean I can't afford anything better, it's just a foundation that's gotten a lot of buzz lately. I just watched a video yesterday where the woman was using it as her foundation, and then used the tarte concealer. It's perfectly fine to use both.

Old 12-11-2018, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
That's a rude thing to assume. The OP said nothing about a budget. Many beauty bloggers have been recommending the wet n wild photo focus foundation lately. That's why I tried it. I had been seeing so many recommendations, and figured why not try it for $5. That doesn't mean I can't afford anything better, it's just a foundation that's gotten a lot of buzz lately. I just watched a video yesterday where the woman was using it as her foundation, and then used the tarte concealer. It's perfectly fine to use both.
I didn't intend it to be rude. I apologize.

For the record, I use both drug store and prestige. I was just explaining why I was focusing on drug store brands.

Old 12-11-2018, 02:22 PM

Also, please note that I didn't comment on whether or not they could afford anything better. Simply that they might not be able to justify the higher price. I can afford Tom Ford mascara, but I can't justify the price tag when my L'Oreal Lash Paradise is so good.

Old 12-12-2018, 08:02 AM

3,881 posts, read 4,126,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
Also, please note that I didn't comment on whether or not they could afford anything better. Simply that they might not be able to justify the higher price. I can afford Tom Ford mascara, but I can't justify the price tag when my L'Oreal Lash Paradise is so good.

I totally caught that and presumed that was exactly what you meant by it.

One of the best little concealers I've ever tried but can't find now was a little tattoo concealer pencil sample that came attached to a Hard Candy primer I purchased. It's for smaller spots and works better than anything I'd ever tried (particularly on my fair complexion). But, I can't seem to find it anywhere now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty