U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2018, 04:26 PM

10,877 posts, read 19,320,590 times

Advertisements

I don't believe the "statistic" - I know MANY people w/blue eyes (myself... I think green but some think blue - they change - I also have natural reddish in hair) - anyway - bottom line, I think that stat. is boggis
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2018, 04:38 PM

23,175 posts, read 22,202,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
My son is Swedish/English with blue eyes and medium blond hair. His wife is Puerto Rican of Spanish ancestry. I think there isnít a blue eye anywhere in her family, yet their child has white blond hair and blue eyes. I thought brown was dominent.
It is, but the recessive traits still pop out every once in a while. There are tall, fair, light eyed Spaniards and Italians.

Old 12-14-2018, 04:51 PM

45 posts, read 11,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
I don't believe the "statistic" - I know MANY people w/blue eyes (myself... I think green but some think blue - they change - I also have natural reddish in hair) - anyway - bottom line, I think that stat. is boggis
Idk, seems about right to me. I don't run into large numbers of random blue-eyes in daily life. Most people have brown/dark eyes. But it does stand to reason in places like N. America, N. Europe and a few other outposts it will be more common. 1/5th of 7 billion is still quite a lot of people, and if we're concentrated in just a few places on the planet then it makes sense.

Old 12-14-2018, 05:18 PM

2,246 posts, read 1,279,594 times
Lots of blue eyes in my family-- dad and four sibs all with blue eyes- and a mom who has green eyes and red hair. My eyes and my kids' eyes are all bluish-greenish. They have changed form the deep blue they were in childhood to more of a blue/green as teens (just like mine did). Their dad has dark brown eyes, so my family's genes must be strong

I'm also ambidextrous, but all my sibs and kids are right-handed.

Old 12-14-2018, 05:23 PM

31,613 posts, read 9,390,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TattedCOdude View Post
Met a black woman at work awhile back who wore blue contacts once. OMG; dah...reamy! She looked great w/out them but that was quite striking.

I am also nearsighted w/ O blood so w/ the blues I guess I hit the recessive trifecta.

LOL I don't know about the "trifecta" part. I love my blue eyes but Type O blood--which I don't have--is the most common!

Old 12-14-2018, 05:29 PM

31,613 posts, read 9,390,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post

Just because many people in your circle have blue eyes doesn't mean that the "statistic" is bogus. And, actually, it's a fact.

It's hard to believe that someone couldn't see that, for obvious reasons, blue eyes are rare worldwide, and that they're getting rarer here, too.

You need to get out more.

Old Today, 11:30 AM

3,275 posts, read 2,882,805 times
Both parents and all four grandparents had blue eyes and so do I. My husband's family is not blue eyed. My oldest son has eyes that change color. Sometimes they are a lighter grey that is bluish, but not quite blue. My second son has red hair and blue eyes that sometimes look grey. My daughter has green eyes. Maybe I will get le eyed grandchildren.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or