U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2018, 12:12 PM

45 posts, read 11,947 times

Advertisements

Who else has blue eyes? Apparently we are, if not rare, quite unique. Only 17% of the 7 odd billion of us spinning on the planet have them. And we likely all descended from one ancestor. I find this fascinating. Fellow blue-eyes: we are brothers and sisters, or cousins...or something!

(This didn't really fit other categories--posted here as eye color is generally considered a beauty trait)

This Is Exactly How Many People Have Blue Eyes
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2018, 06:41 PM
Status: "It's OK to tell me Merry Christmas." (set 14 days ago)

Location: Where the last of the "Big 3" has retired. Spurs country.
3,101 posts, read 3,682,492 times
Interesting! I have blue eyes, my mother did, don't know about father, my daughter born with blue but ended up with steel gray (father's are brown), both granddaughters have bright blue eyes, stunning when they were babies/toddlers/young children. I haven't yet done the DNA thing but am thinking about doing it. This article just may push me over the procrastination.

Old 12-13-2018, 07:37 PM

31,613 posts, read 9,390,143 times
I do.

My eyes are an unusual shade of blue, too. When I was a child, strangers would comment on them. Most probably think they're contacts now, so it's usually only my friends and relatives who still mention them lol.

And I love a blue eyeshadow pallette--I mix up the colors, and it's always different. Luckily for me, blue is my favorite color.

Old 12-13-2018, 07:49 PM

16,482 posts, read 9,092,368 times
Extra rare here. In two generations, there are five of us with blue eyes and red hair, and three of the five are also left-handed.

Old 12-13-2018, 08:24 PM

4,157 posts, read 2,423,180 times
Blue eyes here too. Most of our family has various shades of crystal blue eyes. Even though I’m getting older I still get compliments on my “beautiful” eyes.

Old 12-14-2018, 12:05 AM

23,175 posts, read 22,202,397 times
I got my blue eyes from my dad. No one in my mom's family had them. I was also the only blonde.

My son is left handed, but almost ambidextrous. He was when he was young. Three of mom's siblings were.

Old 12-14-2018, 12:07 AM

35,866 posts, read 39,916,969 times
Not me. Husband, son, and daughter do, though. My daughter is one of the most rare combinations...a blue-eyed redhead. Neither my husband nor I have red hair, either...we just each carry a recessive gene.

I've got green eyes.

Old 12-14-2018, 12:16 AM

19,480 posts, read 12,863,037 times
All my immdeiate family had blue eyes and red or reddish hair. DH has blue eyes and dark hair. So of course our three kids have blue eyes. Our grands have big, beautiful blue eyes—both of them—even though only one parent has blue eyes.

So, I guess we are helping to keep the blue eyed population up.

My eyes are blue but they are nothing unusual, alas. They look a bit gray to me these days.

But my grands’ eyes—wow! They are big, blue and beautiful.

Old 12-14-2018, 07:07 AM

6,016 posts, read 7,240,938 times
Quite a few blue-eyed red heads in my family-about 20% of us, a little higher than normal. One of my sisters and my brother are red heads. My brother has blue eyes. His two red head sons have blue eyes as does his brunette son. Probably because his wife does also.

My sister and her red head daughter have hazel and green eyes.

Another nephew had the most beautiful, bright blue eyes.

My driver's license has indicated I have blue eyes since I was 16. The woman filling out the paperwork for it insisted my eyes were blue. I always thought they were hazel with more blue than brown or green. How blue they look depends on what I'm wearing and any eye makeup I have on. I still struggle to tell people what color they are.

Old 12-14-2018, 09:41 AM

27 posts, read 10,320 times
Another blue eyes here. As best I know, I’m the only one, generations before and after considered. I too am getting older but folks (mostly women) still notice occasionally.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or