U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2018, 07:12 PM

7,250 posts, read 2,842,045 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
Sorry, anything linked to a PETA page automatically gets ignored by me.
Well, whether you get your message from PETA or not, it's intuitively true.

Any company who claims to be "cruelty free" is relying on an ignorant public who doesn't know the products HAVE been tested, just not by the company who is relying on another company to have done their dirty work.

The FDA won't allow those products to be sold without being tested.

It's a bit like meat eaters who boast they don't slaughter animals.

Incredibly disingenuous of the companies who claim to be "cruelty free". No company WANTS to test on animals - but if they are the first using an ingredient that hasn't been used before, they have no choice but to bear that cost and test them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 02:15 AM

14,586 posts, read 11,723,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
That's what Estee Lauder wrote back to me (I think it was Estee anyway). Along the lines of . . well we DON'T want to test and we DON'T test in the US but we have to in some foreign countries.

At one time I had a list of cruelty-free companies and I hope it's actually correct.

Lame.

In this day and age - testing on animals or humans really isn't necessary - there are other options.
This I agree with....

Old Yesterday, 03:42 AM

5,046 posts, read 2,638,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
Most of these companies claim they dont test on animals when they pay other companies to do it for them.. its horrible and shouldnt still be happening... https://www.peta2.com/news/avon-animal-testing/
What is the alternative? Do we test on humans?

This subject always makes me wonder how do we figure out if something is safe to use?

Old Yesterday, 11:53 AM

5,492 posts, read 4,655,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crd08 View Post
I do my best to buy cruelty free products.
Any cosmetic sold in China will be tested on animals (by a lab in china) because it's the law there I believe.
Yes, mainland China and Brazil are two countries that require animal testing on products before being sold there.

Old Yesterday, 11:55 AM

5,492 posts, read 4,655,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Well, whether you get your message from PETA or not, it's intuitively true.

Any company who claims to be "cruelty free" is relying on an ignorant public who doesn't know the products HAVE been tested, just not by the company who is relying on another company to have done their dirty work.

The FDA won't allow those products to be sold without being tested.

It's a bit like meat eaters who boast they don't slaughter animals.

Incredibly disingenuous of the companies who claim to be "cruelty free". No company WANTS to test on animals - but if they are the first using an ingredient that hasn't been used before, they have no choice but to bear that cost and test them.
The cosmetic company I work for does not test products or ingredients on animals. All testing is done on human panels. There are other companies who do that as well.

It is not necessary to continually test ingredients that have already been tested in the past. Once an ingredient has a known effect, it is generally accepted and no further testing is needed for that particular ingredient.

Old Yesterday, 02:18 PM

4,879 posts, read 8,388,712 times
Smile Whew

Just looked up the one I buy - Cruelty free per the website.

Orlane, Inc.
This company is cruelty-free! It does NOT test on animals.

Old Today, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiGi603 View Post
What is the alternative? Do we test on humans?

This subject always makes me wonder how do we figure out if something is safe to use?
animals react differently to humans to different things so how can this be of any use in determining whats ok for us to use..Im sure they could pay for volunteers to help with experiments, at least they would have a choice...

Old Today, 09:43 AM

I just bought an AVON.. concealer and no way will I use it , its going in the bin..not only is the smell strong with whatever but when I put my glasses on to read the tiny print , its all in a foreign language..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or