U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old Today, 09:23 AM

2,089 posts, read 1,865,123 times

Advertisements

Trying to find a serious way to say I need help finding jeans that fit better than what I am used to. I'm middle aged, 5'11" tall, 200# with a 34 inch waist and have very little (none) when it comes to hips and buttocks.

Low rise jeans feel like they are falling off all the time.
Skinny jeans fit in the buttocks while the legs are skin tight, and look goofy with a gut.
Regular fit or loose fit are fine in the legs, don't emphasize gut, but sag in the groin and buttocks.

Is it possible to get jeans custom made without breaking the bank? Ideas welcome.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 01:36 PM

4,689 posts, read 1,625,890 times
There's a fairly easy way to get your jeans to fit better. Easier if you have a friend who can help...

Put the jeans on, wrong side out, and have the friend pin the excess material going down your legs, on the outside seam. And then have someone (our yourself) so a seam along the pinned area.

If you do this (you can test it before commitment even) it pulls up the excess material in the back. No more saggy butt.

Old Today, 01:40 PM

24,209 posts, read 31,479,146 times
Have your jeans tailored!!

But even better, lose the gut.

Old Today, 02:54 PM

19,495 posts, read 12,863,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Have your jeans tailored!!

But even better, lose the gut.
Yes, visit a tailor, who probably has seen this problem before, so don’t be shy.

If your doc suggests dropping some weight for health’s sake, do that. Men lose weight fairly easily.

Old Today, 03:35 PM

8,350 posts, read 7,634,798 times
I think Levis fit men the best. Even with flat bootie, Levis still look good.

Old Today, 05:20 PM

10,928 posts, read 19,223,119 times
Try Levis slim straight fit. My husband used to wear it when he had no butt. Now he's been doing squats a couple years and can't get his butt or thighs into his slim straight fit jeans, but he used to love those because there was still room in the legs to wear them over cowboy boots.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or