U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 03:59 PM

2,212 posts, read 6,173,683 times

Advertisements

Sorry to interrupt into a ladies thread, but my wife has the same issues. We travel to the UK frequently and when there she goes to a British shop which caters to women with exactly these problems. Is is called Bravissimo. They feature bras, tops and dresses. You might want to see if they can ship to the US.

Hope that helps. Bravissimo | Big Bras, Lingerie, Swimwear and Clothing for big boobed women

For the mods - I have no financial interest in the company, so this is not an ad or anything. Just thought it might help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2008, 08:53 PM

28,166 posts, read 43,452,271 times
Have you tried the INC brand? I'm very large chested as well (38ddd-e), and while I'm not petite, the rest of my body is proportionally much smaller - so I totally feel your pain!! My problem is usually in the shoulders, arms & waist, where everything hangs when it fits my chest. Anyway, I've always found the INC brand to fit quite well, and they show just enough to be sexy without being trashy... you can find them at Macy's, and a few other department stores. Good luck!

Old 04-09-2008, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyB View Post
Sorry to interrupt into a ladies thread, but my wife has the same issues. We travel to the UK frequently and when there she goes to a British shop which caters to women with exactly these problems. Is is called Bravissimo. They feature bras, tops and dresses. You might want to see if they can ship to the US.

Hope that helps. Bravissimo | Big Bras, Lingerie, Swimwear and Clothing for big boobed women

For the mods - I have no financial interest in the company, so this is not an ad or anything. Just thought it might help.
LOL... sorry, but I had to laugh at their tag-line (for big boobed women)! Thanks for sharing the link, and maybe it will be useful to me as well.

Edit: I just skimmed the website, and while the prices are a bit high, they do have some VERY cute stuff! I also love their sizing charts - you can be a 12 curvy, 12 really curvy, or 12 super curvy. Hehehe. To the original poster, I've always found that styles like this work great, and I have similar shirts that I love...

http://www.bravissimo.com/images/products/medium/bc19pka_mp.jpg (broken link)

Old 04-09-2008, 09:07 PM

1,657 posts, read 2,994,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oobie119 View Post
I have a pretty small frame, but Im 5'10 and have been "cursed" (others would say blessed) with a large chest (38 D). I have a really hard time finding cute, sexy tops that fit me. If they fit my chest they HANG on me like a tent everywhere else. Most of the cute shops I like, I can't even fit into a XL. Im not looking for a high end store, but not Walmart or Target either. Im in my 30's but still like to wear fun, cute tops. Im not talking tube tops or anything.. can anyone suggest a place. The stores I find are geared for old ladys in the ladies department, or Jr's! Forget shopping online, I need to try stuff on. I live in FL if it helps..
I feel your pain Oobie !!! I'm 5'8" and a size 9 with a 36 DDD. Try fashion Bug, sometimes they have cute stuff that actually fits. I like Nordstroms too, though a bit pricey. My friend gave me a Core top for my Birthday recently and I love it. I think they have stores across the US. Good luck !

Old 04-10-2008, 09:46 AM

545 posts, read 1,758,638 times
Quote:
I have a pretty small frame, but Im 5'10 and have been "cursed" (others would say blessed) with a large chest (38 D). I have a really hard time finding cute, sexy tops that fit me. If they fit my chest they HANG on me like a tent everywhere else. Most of the cute shops I like, I can't even fit into a XL. Im not looking for a high end store, but not Walmart or Target either. Im in my 30's but still like to wear fun, cute tops. Im not talking tube tops or anything.. can anyone suggest a place. The stores I find are geared for old ladys in the ladies department, or Jr's! Forget shopping online, I need to try stuff on. I live in FL if it helps..
REPLY: The 'tent look' is just fine , trust me !

Old 04-10-2008, 10:24 AM

1,939 posts, read 5,478,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
LOL... sorry, but I had to laugh at their tag-line (for big boobed women)! Thanks for sharing the link, and maybe it will be useful to me as well.

Edit: I just skimmed the website, and while the prices are a bit high, they do have some VERY cute stuff! I also love their sizing charts - you can be a 12 curvy, 12 really curvy, or 12 super curvy. Hehehe. To the original poster, I've always found that styles like this work great, and I have similar shirts that I love...

http://www.bravissimo.com/images/products/medium/bc19pka_mp.jpg (broken link)
Again, look at this woman. This is an ad for a big-chested woman clothing line? YIKES, I must be mammoth, what is she a B cup?? SHe's got to be a 34D-- Victoria Secrets have no concept of what a true D cup is-- My cousin is an A cup, and she wears a C in theirs!

Old 04-10-2008, 10:26 AM

2,212 posts, read 6,173,683 times
Quote:
Again, look at this woman. This is an ad for a big-chested woman clothing line? YIKES, I must be mammoth, what is she a B cup?? SHe's got to be a 34D-- Victoria Secrets have no concept of what a true D cup is-- My cousin is an A cup, and she wears a C in theirs!
That's not actually an ad for the large chested clothing line. I don't want to post a copyrighted picture, but if you check the link, they do actually have larger chested models.

Old 04-10-2008, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyB View Post
That's not actually an ad for the large chested clothing line. I don't want to post a copyrighted picture, but if you check the link, they do actually have larger chested models.
They might have a few bustier models, but I agree with the original poster... Victoria's Secret wouldn't know a D-cup if it hit them in the face. I once made the mistake of trying their DD "full-figure" bras (I can usually squeeze into a 38DD without a problem), and I don't even think both cups would have been enough fabric for one boob! Not to mention, the salesgirl was extremely rude, and asked me more than once "are you buying a gift for someone?" - even if that makes sense it's highly unprofessional, and her tone/face was totally obnoxious. Guess they don't want our business, so I just spend my money at Macy's and Frederick's instead.

Old 04-10-2008, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Oh, I just realized your comment was about that picture I posted... AnthonyB is correct, their website does have a good number of TRULY busty models! Some of the models are kinda small, but I was impressed at the variety of sizes they show & carry.

Not sure if this is PG-13 enough to display, so I'll just post the link... Lingerie / Everyday Essentials / Natural Charm Bra by Kalyani, Underwired balconette, available from 28D - 40K in Refresher, Black, Grey Marl, Lemon/Grey Marl, Orange Stripe and White / (KA61) | Bravissimo (http://www.bravissimo.com/products/lingerie/everyday-essentials/kalyani/balconette-bras/ka61-details.aspx?colour=Refresher - broken link)
That girl is at least a DD - and very beautiful, in my opinion.

Old 04-10-2008, 04:47 PM

27,236 posts, read 40,266,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairfax Mom View Post
I wonder where all those young skinny women with big fake boobs shop? There are so many of them lately - they must shop somewhere - maybe Fredericks of Hollywood but not a place you would like
Don't most of them wear T-shirts?

Seriously though...couldn't they buy "men's" shirts at big and tall stores?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty