U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 06:36 PM

859 posts, read 3,017,917 times

Advertisements

I am a natural 36D. I don't have a problem at all finding sexy tops. I get most of mine at Arden B or Bebe.

My main problem is that the tops do fit me...BUT my mom and other older ladies like to make comments that "my boobs are hanging out" or "people will think I am easy" if I wear that. But I have let friends with A and B cups borrow the clothes, and my mom has no problem with them wearing it!

I feel like I should be allowed to wear the "in styles" and should not be excluded for having a large chest. I don't see it as "slutty looking"...I think boobs are a nice accessory and obviously if the top is sexy, I am wearing it to a party or bar...not to work. Does anyone else ever feel this discrimination?

My main problem with clothes, is that I can't find button down work tops. My solution is wearing them open with a t-shirt under neath. Even the biggest size in the store won't close right on my chest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2008, 07:24 PM

3,490 posts, read 7,211,416 times
As a previous poster mentioned, Bravissimo is the best! I'm English and still buy all my bras through them. The shirts are good too, because they allow extra bust room. Remember that a UK size 12 is a US size 8.

I was absolutely shocked by the lack of choice in bras in the US. If you have a narrow back size and a large cup, there is literally nowhere to buy bras!
Bravissimo is great, but for Americans - e.mail them with measurements for an idea on what English size you would be. Sadly the dollar losing so much value makes Bravissimo expensive for those of us across the pond, but it's so worth it for the bras, clothes and the bathing suits!

I can highly recommend Enell bras for sports for the bigger bust. Best sports bra I have ever had! They are from the US and cost about $50 I think.

Old 04-11-2008, 07:28 PM

4,597 posts, read 10,225,966 times
My Mother seemed to have the same problem with clothes I might wear as a young woman (and I was very busty), only I heard about 'trying to be a 'sweater girl'? Must have been something from her generation. She was a teen in the 50s.

It made me very self-conscious. That, and having boys and men stare at your chest didn't help, either. Then, the whole women's lib movement finally gave me the gumption to point out that my eyes were a little higher than where most were looking when they spoke to me.

I don't think sexy tops are inappropriate for a party, or going to a bar. Just be aware of the attention you will attract, if you're comfortable with it. When you leave the house, wear a jacket to make your Mom happy.

Old 04-11-2008, 07:36 PM

3,258 posts, read 7,861,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernjewishgal View Post
Oh, you're tiny! What about Victorias Secret? I've found some great clothes there.
I know you said no shopping online, but I remember the Victoria's Secret or Fredrick's Catalogs used to have a lot of really cute tops and swimwear and most of those models we large chested but of course tall and thin. If you could find a line that suits you, you may not have to try everything on.

Old 04-12-2008, 09:37 AM

10,119 posts, read 16,716,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobokenkitchen View Post
As a previous poster mentioned, Bravissimo is the best! I'm English and still buy all my bras through them. The shirts are good too, because they allow extra bust room. Remember that a UK size 12 is a US size 8.

I was absolutely shocked by the lack of choice in bras in the US. If you have a narrow back size and a large cup, there is literally nowhere to buy bras!
Bravissimo is great, but for Americans - e.mail them with measurements for an idea on what English size you would be. Sadly the dollar losing so much value makes Bravissimo expensive for those of us across the pond, but it's so worth it for the bras, clothes and the bathing suits!

I can highly recommend Enell bras for sports for the bigger bust. Best sports bra I have ever had! They are from the US and cost about $50 I think.
That site looks very tempting. About how much would you pay, on average, to order a couple of bras from them (including shipping) ?
Have you worn their clothes too?

Old 04-12-2008, 01:42 PM

3,490 posts, read 7,211,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
That site looks very tempting. About how much would you pay, on average, to order a couple of bras from them (including shipping) ?
Have you worn their clothes too?

Yes, I have several tops and several swimming costumes and bikinis.
If you click on the American flag it will give you all the pricing in dollars I think.

Old 04-15-2008, 11:42 AM

3,446 posts, read 7,652,843 times
One other thing - enjoy your big boobs now and show them off now because before you know it they will be "going south"

Old 04-15-2008, 11:49 AM

2,355 posts, read 1,955,384 times
I too have natural 36D boobs that are high (lucky for me). I don't really have a problem buying clothes either or finding tops that make a tent around my stomach. I wear a size 10 or 12 and carry my weight in my stomach. I usually go wherever to shop...Old Navy...Banana Republic...Express...Target. It hasn't been a problem. And I used to be a 38D then lost weight so it reveled in buying smaller tops. Good luck finding clothes...I think, big or small boobs, buying clothing is a fun challenge.

Old 04-15-2008, 02:00 PM

13,048 posts, read 21,158,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
They might have a few bustier models, but I agree with the original poster... Victoria's Secret wouldn't know a D-cup if it hit them in the face. I once made the mistake of trying their DD "full-figure" bras (I can usually squeeze into a 38DD without a problem), and I don't even think both cups would have been enough fabric for one boob! Not to mention, the salesgirl was extremely rude, and asked me more than once "are you buying a gift for someone?" - even if that makes sense it's highly unprofessional, and her tone/face was totally obnoxious. Guess they don't want our business, so I just spend my money at Macy's and Frederick's instead.
Oooh, snap! Reminds me of when I tried to shop at Fredrick's for a bra, and the two little (and I do mean "little") salesgirls gave me the death stare when I asked if they had something with a cup bigger than DD since it wasn't fitting properly.

What these salespeople fail to realize is that we (girls with bigg'uns) are not trying to feel superior or rub anything in anyone's face - I would trade them in for an average C cup in a HEARTBEAT - we are just trying to find something that fits! Now I am sure when a girl with a 34B goes bra shopping, the world is her oyster in every dang store she goes. She has never heard "we don't make that style in your size" or "have you tried Lane Bryant?"

And in case anyone isn't old enough to remember what life was like before plastic surgery, there are some of us who were naturally blessed/cursed with enormous ones. I can see where a salesgirl would have a chip on her shoulder for someone with beach ball boobs coming into the store and harping about them not having her size, but what about those of us who had no choice in the matter? Body language is a far more effective way to communicate than verbally - one look or expression can expose their true feelings and turn customers off forever. I have dealt with humiliation due to these things since I was 12 years old - do we really need to deal with more of it from another woman whose job is to help us fit into a bra?

Old 04-15-2008, 09:18 PM

28,166 posts, read 43,452,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Oooh, snap! Reminds me of when I tried to shop at Fredrick's for a bra, and the two little (and I do mean "little") salesgirls gave me the death stare when I asked if they had something with a cup bigger than DD since it wasn't fitting properly.

What these salespeople fail to realize is that we (girls with bigg'uns) are not trying to feel superior or rub anything in anyone's face - I would trade them in for an average C cup in a HEARTBEAT - we are just trying to find something that fits! Now I am sure when a girl with a 34B goes bra shopping, the world is her oyster in every dang store she goes. She has never heard "we don't make that style in your size" or "have you tried Lane Bryant?"

And in case anyone isn't old enough to remember what life was like before plastic surgery, there are some of us who were naturally blessed/cursed with enormous ones. I can see where a salesgirl would have a chip on her shoulder for someone with beach ball boobs coming into the store and harping about them not having her size, but what about those of us who had no choice in the matter? Body language is a far more effective way to communicate than verbally - one look or expression can expose their true feelings and turn customers off forever. I have dealt with humiliation due to these things since I was 12 years old - do we really need to deal with more of it from another woman whose job is to help us fit into a bra?
Amen, my naturally big-boobed sista! And yes, my DDDs are 100% natural... I wouldn't be crazy enough to give myself these knockers on purpose, LOL. And I too would trade them in for a C (okay, maybe a D) in a heartbeat. In fact, I've been considering a reduction for quite a few years... wanted to lose 50 lbs. first, so I actually lost 65 lbs., and they're still big as ever. Argh! Anyway, I totally feel your pain - literally.

Btw, I worked at Lane Bryant for a summer, and got to experience the "other side" for a moment... this really thin girl came in (obviously unaware of our store), looked at a coat and asked me "Doesn't this come in any smaller sizes?" I was soooooo tempted to be as rude as Victoria's Secrets clerks, but unlike them I know what good customer service is - so I had to smile kindly, and explain to her that we're only size 14 and up. She hmmmphed and marched out of the store... like there weren't 5000 other stores with her size available or something. Oy vey. I have nothing against people of ANY size, but we should all learn to respect each other, and the fashion industry should cater to a wider variety. Right now I'm stuck in the middle at a REAL 14 (not plus or "junior"), which is even more impossible to shop for than my former size 22. Maybe it's time for me to learn how to sew?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty