U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 01:16 PM

8,668 posts, read 19,917,306 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernjewishgal View Post
Well I'm a 36 DD/DDD just depending on the bra and I don't really have issues finding shirts. I have issues finding bras but that's another story. Even with bra size I still buy a large or sometimes a medium depending on how tight I want the shirt so I'm not sure where these XL shirts are that ain't fitting, I'd be swimming in them. ( I'm curvy but not all that big so maybe that's why??)
I usually have alot of luck with Kohl's or Dillards. Places like that.
I am not a huge clevage shower but don't mind some so I do alot of V neck shirts.
What about Pennys or Sears? I know you said not Target but I find alot of cute stuff there in their Izzac Mizrahi line or their Mossimo line.
I also would suggest Kohl's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2008, 01:22 PM

5,077 posts, read 12,707,769 times
Ok, I didn't read every single post here but read enough to comment. I'm also large chested and proportioned well with the rest of my body. I have lost weight (not up top though) and went UP a size in my bra cup! Go figure but they look great! Two things (maybe three LOL) I have a fantastic lingerie shop here in PA that I go to and she keeps a card on file of all clients, she fits you and lets you try on different sizes depending the maker. The bras are more expensive but I can wear them all day and never adjust them and that's worth the extra money. Also, I remember reading a lot about women not being able to find tops that fit right. Ladies, the easiest solution is to find a brand that works for you and stick with it. I find that Old Navy (owned by GAP) shirts fit me GREAT, as do Lane Bryant tops. If I find something I want and it's loose everywhere else, I take it to my tailor. Expensive? Yes sometimes but again isn't it worth it to have clothes that fit, you don't have to adjust and fool with and you look good? Just my own personal thoughts.... By the way, if anyone is in Bucks County PA send me a message and I'll give you the name of the shop.

Old 04-23-2008, 01:40 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
For those of you buxom woman in/near the Phx area..........there is C-C's Lingerie on E Thomas near 32nd St.

Why I am aware of that place is my ex wife is about 5' 9" with something like an 'H' cup (no, I am not joking). That woman went through hell trying to find bras.

Old 04-24-2008, 12:49 PM

337 posts, read 728,169 times
I'm 5'1 with 34 dd's. I find shirts that I love at Banana Republic, Gap and the Limited. Not flashy with boobs everywhere and comfortable.
I also found that Calvin Klein makes great, comfortable under wire bras. I think I picked them up at Dillards?

Old 04-30-2008, 01:22 PM

5,835 posts, read 3,885,043 times
I was sorry the day after my boob job back in 89. Didn't realize that I wouldn't be able to wear cute little tops without a bra anymore and how horrible I would feel being stared at. Shows what insecurity will drive you to do sometimes. I wasn't made enormous...38c, but after being pregnant and going up and down in weight I am now, according to the Nordstrom bra fitter, a 36DDD. I was wearing a 40d which was more comfy but not as uplifting. The new bra makes me feel like I'm being strangled and can't breathe! It's suppose to be snug on the first set of hooks so that slowly you can make it tighter as it loosens up!
I hate clothes shopping and feel like a whale with these ridiculous things. Jones of New York had nice tops that were tasteful especially for work where it is very important to look classy. Never wear low cut anything...too self-conscious and I have a teenage son that would not appreciate it. Husband would...not me. I usually look for the XL tops but they are never as nice as the smaller fitting ones. I need about a 14 to 16 top because I am also broad shouldered. Reduction is #1 on my list when the money is there for it. Wish I had stayed with my banana shaped 34b's

Old 05-01-2008, 07:46 AM

8,323 posts, read 13,147,286 times
I was so happy yesterday when I went shopping. My biggest problem is that the only shirts that fit right are stretch shirts. In sizing, I wear a S for my waist... and an L-XL for my girls. Well, I found some great stretch shirts that ACTUALLY fit completely. Well, except for the slight over-stretch at the top.. but it'll stretch the fabric over time.

On the side note, I've lost some weight so I got re-fitted for bras.. and it was more embarassing than usual. I was told that I'm now a 32DDD. The two fitters were talking aloud in front of other customers about how horrible it must be to be such an awkward size and all of the problems I must have.

One of them even asked if they were fake. I told her that assuming such things is extremely unprofessional and downright rude. Then I said, "Oh, and no, they're not fake. They're homegrown in Virginia from years of being heavy, then skinny, then pregnant, then heavy, and now thinning again."

I'd love to get a reduction, but I've got more important things to worry about.

Old 11-22-2009, 05:42 AM

1 posts, read 2,951 times
i would LOVE to know the name of that shop! I have never been properly fit.... thanks

Old 11-24-2009, 10:49 PM
Itz

714 posts, read 1,859,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oobie119 View Post
I have a pretty small frame, but Im 5'10 and have been "cursed" (others would say blessed) with a large chest (38 D). I have a really hard time finding cute, sexy tops that fit me. If they fit my chest they HANG on me like a tent everywhere else. Most of the cute shops I like, I can't even fit into a XL. Im not looking for a high end store, but not Walmart or Target either. Im in my 30's but still like to wear fun, cute tops. Im not talking tube tops or anything.. can anyone suggest a place. The stores I find are geared for old ladys in the ladies department, or Jr's! Forget shopping online, I need to try stuff on. I live in FL if it helps..
I'm in the same boat!
I bought a sewing machine - seriously - and am attempting to make my own clothes... I have SEVERAL books from the 50's/60's that show you how to tailor the clothing to fit you.. VERY INTERESTING!
So, if i flop at sewing my own clothes :0... I will start having mine actually tailored..Buy the XL and then have it tailored to fit you.. You will look much much more put together..

For buying... i just shop where I can when I can.. buy it when It fits.. i have a LONG torso so most shirts tend to become belly shirts... tshirts hang on me like a tent - literally - even when I buy a smaller size... Buy fabrics that drape instead of hug (the Jr dept and Jr stores - forget those!)

Old 11-25-2009, 10:18 AM
JL

7,311 posts, read 11,478,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oobie119 View Post
I have a pretty small frame, but Im 5'10 and have been "cursed" (others would say blessed) with a large chest (38 D). I have a really hard time finding cute, sexy tops that fit me. If they fit my chest they HANG on me like a tent everywhere else. Most of the cute shops I like, I can't even fit into a XL. Im not looking for a high end store, but not Walmart or Target either. Im in my 30's but still like to wear fun, cute tops. Im not talking tube tops or anything.. can anyone suggest a place. The stores I find are geared for old ladys in the ladies department, or Jr's! Forget shopping online, I need to try stuff on. I live in FL if it helps..
You might take a look at this. Not sure how true it is. It most likely is a promotion for their own clothing, but it does give some tips.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJ28E5MKSbY

Old 11-26-2009, 11:46 PM

2,930 posts, read 6,027,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post
You might take a look at this. Not sure how true it is. It most likely is a promotion for their own clothing, but it does give some tips.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJ28E5MKSbY
Yes, ugly clothes but the tips are spot on. They know what they are talking about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty