Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 06:35 AM

1,938 posts, read 6,262,125 times

Advertisements

I have a pretty small frame, but Im 5'10 and have been "cursed" (others would say blessed) with a large chest (38 D). I have a really hard time finding cute, sexy tops that fit me. If they fit my chest they HANG on me like a tent everywhere else. Most of the cute shops I like, I can't even fit into a XL. Im not looking for a high end store, but not Walmart or Target either. Im in my 30's but still like to wear fun, cute tops. Im not talking tube tops or anything.. can anyone suggest a place. The stores I find are geared for old ladys in the ladies department, or Jr's! Forget shopping online, I need to try stuff on. I live in FL if it helps..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2008, 08:48 AM

238 posts, read 823,902 times
Well I'm a 36 DD/DDD just depending on the bra and I don't really have issues finding shirts. I have issues finding bras but that's another story. Even with bra size I still buy a large or sometimes a medium depending on how tight I want the shirt so I'm not sure where these XL shirts are that ain't fitting, I'd be swimming in them. ( I'm curvy but not all that big so maybe that's why??)
I usually have alot of luck with Kohl's or Dillards. Places like that.
I am not a huge clevage shower but don't mind some so I do alot of V neck shirts.
What about Pennys or Sears? I know you said not Target but I find alot of cute stuff there in their Izzac Mizrahi line or their Mossimo line.

Old 04-07-2008, 08:53 AM

1,999 posts, read 10,566,765 times
Has anyone tried Coldwater Creek? I have not tried their stuff, but looks like they are designing for older women--although the styles are with it--which would mean bigger bustlines. I am going to try them soon.

Old 04-07-2008, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TootsieWootsie View Post
Has anyone tried Coldwater Creek? I have not tried their stuff, but looks like they are designing for older women--although the styles are with it--which would mean bigger bustlines. I am going to try them soon.
I've seen some of their stuff and didn't much care for it. Definitly designed for older women.

Old 04-07-2008, 09:17 AM

1,938 posts, read 6,262,125 times
Im a 36 D but have a size 6 waist---I carry all my weight on top- Dillards doesnt appeal to me, it's either too old or too young.. same with the others. Ahh whats a girl to do!

Old 04-07-2008, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oobie119 View Post
Im a 36 D but have a size 6 waist---I carry all my weight on top- Dillards doesnt appeal to me, it's either too old or too young.. same with the others. Ahh whats a girl to do!
Oh, you're tiny! What about Victorias Secret? I've found some great clothes there.

Old 04-07-2008, 10:07 AM

4,596 posts, read 11,448,965 times
Like you, I have been well-endowed all of my life, and I agree it is 'a curse.'

Regardless of where you shop, if and when you do find a shirt that suits you, is flattering, and fits well -- meets all of your criteria -- I would suggest buying it in every possible color you will ever wear. Stockpile the things in the same colors, too, as eventually they will wear-out, become stained, etc., and you'll be looking again.

For blouses, and a lot of dresses, I had to learn to tailor them by purchasing the size I needed to fall properly across the bustline, and putting darts in the back and waist. I don't think designers acknowledge curvier women like us -- it's as if no woman who wears a 36 4XD could possibly be anything but overweight, or have had breast implants.

It is most frustrating. In my next life, I want to be Flatty Patty.

Old 04-07-2008, 10:13 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,491,785 times
Here are brands that seem to accommodate my 38 DDs. Ellen Tracy, Anne Klein, Jones NY and Jones Sport . . . I can usually find things that don't look old lady in those collections. Also, Chico's . . . really like a lot of their stuff, depending on cut and fabric.

Old 04-07-2008, 08:33 PM

93 posts, read 305,315 times
I learned to sew because of that very reason. I go through a lot of magazines and pictures on the internet to find things to make. Most of the time my home made items come out looking exactly like the original I copied.

Another thing I've noticed is that even if I find something that fits me, a lot of the really cute tops that look great on smaller chested women look downright trashy on me.

There is no one designer that I think has the best choices for me personally, it's just a lot of trial and error, and as another poster mentioned, buying things in doubles or triples when you find something you like.

Old 04-07-2008, 09:40 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,506,057 times
Check out the Style & Co. line at Macy's. Huge selection year-round of styles very flattering for larger busts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty