U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2019, 03:42 PM

3,822 posts, read 2,711,504 times

Advertisements

I want a rolex. just one rolex
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2019, 07:05 PM

346 posts, read 123,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous-Boy View Post
It's easy go buy one.

Old 01-05-2019, 07:19 PM

9,338 posts, read 12,209,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke944 View Post
You have said a lot of things that aren't true, such as Seiko watches in the 70s and 80s were more valuable than Rolex watches and that Seiko were innovators of mechanical watch movements, but you haven't given any detail on what I have said that isn't true. Care to expand?
I can debate you all day on these things, because it's clear you have no idea what you speak of.
I never implied that Seiko were innovators in mechanical watches. Just that they have been innovators in every decade since Rolex stopped.

Old 01-05-2019, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous-Boy View Post
This guy has lots of Rolex buying experience. He might have some good advice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WSFW0D9DXE

Old 01-06-2019, 03:36 PM

3,822 posts, read 2,711,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Town View Post
It's easy go buy one.

too expensive

Old 01-07-2019, 11:18 AM

9,592 posts, read 5,927,784 times
Yes, I do like them and would love one. I love many luxury watches, and if I had my choice I'd pick a Panerai over a Rolex first, I just like the style better. Although if one buys and sells their items , Rolex seems to retain it's value the best.
That being said, of the 5 watches I own, most are micro brands ($350-$500) and I do have one Omega Seamaster. Haven't bought a watch in a few years though.

Funny story. Several years ago, money was good and I planned on buying a pre owned Panerai. As I was counting the money out of the safe (Had found one in my budget) I realized that the car I was going to drive to go and get it was worth about the same. That was when the realization hit me that it would be just a silly thing for me to do.

Old 01-08-2019, 12:33 PM

346 posts, read 123,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Yes, I do like them and would love one. I love many luxury watches, and if I had my choice I'd pick a Panerai over a Rolex first, I just like the style better. Although if one buys and sells their items , Rolex seems to retain it's value the best.
That being said, of the 5 watches I own, most are micro brands ($350-$500) and I do have one Omega Seamaster. Haven't bought a watch in a few years though.

Funny story. Several years ago, money was good and I planned on buying a pre owned Panerai. As I was counting the money out of the safe (Had found one in my budget) I realized that the car I was going to drive to go and get it was worth about the same. That was when the realization hit me that it would be just a silly thing for me to do.
Not putting your choice of Panerai down so don't get me wrong. But I haven't ever heard of it and I doubt most people have like many other high dollars watches. But everyone knows what a Rolex is. I do like people knowing what I have on after spending $10,000 for it.

Old 01-08-2019, 01:36 PM

9,592 posts, read 5,927,784 times
Quote:
Not putting your choice of Panerai down so don't get me wrong. But I haven't ever heard of it and I doubt most people have like many other high dollars watches. But everyone knows what a Rolex is. I do like people knowing what I have on after spending $10,000 for it.

I always tend to go the opposite of others. Check out Panerai, they have a pretty cool history. And believe it or not, Sylvester Stallone was responsible for making them popular here in the states, years ago. That brand has also created a whole unique strap culture and custom buckles.

https://www.panerai.com/us/en/collec...io---44mm.html

History

https://www.thewatchbox.com/blog/history-of-panerai/

One of my favorite buckle/strap makers
https://www.instagram.com/snmetalwork/

Old 01-08-2019, 03:47 PM

929 posts, read 504,929 times
Love mine, it's appreciated in value.

A lot of hate on here for them on here.

They are absolutely indestructible, which is a lot of the appeal for me. I could go run it over with my 6,000 lb Yukon and it would be fine.

Last edited by Mister 7; 01-08-2019 at 03:59 PM..

Old 01-08-2019, 06:08 PM

Quote:
I'm surprised if you haven't heard of them. They've been really popular for about 10 to 15 years in the watch world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty