U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2008, 05:57 PM

172 posts, read 552,888 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoRon View Post
Nope, I don't need to.I was blessed with a "natural" tan.
I've got the natural tan too my friend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2008, 06:28 PM
miu

13,010 posts, read 22,156,229 times
I'm Chinese and have a nature light tan. In my teens and early twenties, I loved to tan outside. I used to swim and play tennis. Later on, I was a lot more careful about my exposure to the sun. I use sunblock too. I'm 49 and sometimes people think that I'm still in my thirties. I've noticed that white people don't age well after years of hard tanning. At one place I worked, we called two women "old leatherfaces" behind their backs. They looked awful from years of suntanning and smoking cigarettes. Yuck.

Old 05-05-2008, 05:28 AM

1,198 posts, read 383,711 times
I have olive skin (Italian) and I tan very easily. But I don't tan everyday and by mid-June I only tan 2 times a week. Then by late July I don't tan anymore. Don't want to end up looking like a leather bag, as I've seen some people here where I live. The Arizona sun is very brutal. Have to wear lots and LOTS of sunscreen here, that's for sure.

Old 05-05-2008, 12:08 PM

5,078 posts, read 8,753,528 times
I have tanned before in a stand-up - I love the color that I got but the time, expense and you still don't look completely natural was it for me. I only did it about three months and then haven't been back since. I also noticed that my facial skin would break out a lot when I'd tan. I'm almost 40 and always get guessed that I'm 28. I think it's genes but also good skin care, I don't smoke, drink sometimes and am outside all the time but use a lot of lotions, sun protections, etc..

Old 05-05-2008, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
You need sunscreen for sure Char......... - I just wish I had SOME color, I just cannot do the WHITE legs thing (we're talking Casper) - even when I played "sun goddess" my legs never tanned well, arms and back do - I'll stick w/the self-tanner on the legs and normal sun exposure for the rest of my body. I'm Scots/Irish/Italian/German - I think - LOL

Anybody have a Self-tanner they like? I don't like the Jergen's - rubs off on the sheets. I loved a Neutrogena and a Bath & Body Works (of course they don't make it any more, if I like a product, it gets discontinued) - such is my life.
I feel your pain, Scottish/Scandinavian/German/French/Native American here LOL I like to call my coloring throughout the winter "cadaver pale" LOL

Old 05-05-2008, 12:45 PM

1,832 posts, read 3,662,101 times
Not on purpose. God made me glow in the dark fish belly white. If I was suposed to be brown I would have came that way.

Besides redheads tend to go up in flames if they stay in the sun. Or is that Vampires. Any way Im not taking the chance.

Old 05-05-2008, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecilia_Rose View Post
Not on purpose. God made me glow in the dark fish belly white. If I was suposed to be brown I would have came that way.

Besides redheads tend to go up in flames if they stay in the sun. Or is that Vampires. Any way Im not taking the chance.

Wait what if.... there was a redheaded Vampire? Would the two cancel each other out? LOL JUST kidding.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty