U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old Yesterday, 11:07 AM

6,063 posts, read 7,281,885 times

Advertisements

In my 20's and 30's I used Cover Girl Professional mascara with the curved brush. I loved the brush, but something about the mascara changed so I changed. I've used Clinique high impact mascara for years now.

I've tried Maybelline Great Lash as it's frequently recommended by make-up people. I'm not a fan. I think it was the brush I didn't like.
Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 11:42 AM

5,464 posts, read 3,151,528 times
I had been using Clinique, brown. I think it was a lengthening mascara. But the price jumped by leaps and bounds and it's gotten increasingly difficult to find a soft shade of brown.

I prefer a light feathery effect and look over made up with any hint of black. So right now I am trying different types to find one I like. Mostly if I can find brown at all I buy it.

Seems right now the trend is too dark for my preference.

Old Yesterday, 11:53 AM

31,905 posts, read 9,464,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrah View Post
In my 20's and 30's I used Cover Girl Professional mascara with the curved brush. I loved the brush, but something about the mascara changed so I changed. I've used Clinique high impact mascara for years now.

I've tried Maybelline Great Lash as it's frequently recommended by make-up people. I'm not a fan. I think it was the brush I didn't like.

You're right. And it still appears on some of their lists--but not as many. In fact, a couple of other Maybelline entries seem to have supplanted Great Lash.

Here's a list (not a slideshow...You're welcome lol) of 10, which seems to represent current choices. Great Lash isn't there. But the L'oreal Voluminous (love the deep black of the "carbon," but it soon clumped), the ELF I'm using for now--and some of the brands suggested by others here, are:

https://www.byrdie.com/amp/best-drugstore-mascara-2017

Old Yesterday, 02:05 PM

11,574 posts, read 19,708,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCNYC View Post
I'd be VERY careful buying anything from "Thrive" causemetics. It's the same BS MLM - brainwashing nonsense as Shanann Watts (RIP) was involved in...
Thrive Causemetics is not the MLM Le-Vel Thrive, which I had to look up.

Not that Thrive Causemetics isnít in trouble. Apparently, they are still using the buy a product and we donate one of that product to a cancer patient, or domestic violence survivor, and instead they are supposedly donating cash. Someone is suing.

But out of all the eyebrow pencils, I love Thriveís.

Old Yesterday, 02:27 PM

707 posts, read 673,959 times
I love Maybelline’s Great BIG Lash, not to be confused with Great Lash, which doesn’t do anything for me. GBL has a bigger brush than GL.

GBL gives me definition and volume and doesn’t clump at all which is a big plus for me. I switched to L’Orťal Voluminous Carbon Black, which was great for a minute but soon clumped. I switched back to GBL. I’ve been using GBL for years.

I like the natural look so I only use two coats during the day, in shades Very Black or Blackest Black.

Another one I used was Aveda’s Mosscara. It didn’t clump and gave me definition, but it seemed it had more of a “wet” application, if that makes sense. I wasn’t too impressed with it, especially at $18 a pop.

Old Yesterday, 07:44 PM

824 posts, read 394,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
Thrive Causemetics is not the MLM Le-Vel Thrive, which I had to look up.

Not that Thrive Causemetics isnít in trouble. Apparently, they are still using the buy a product and we donate one of that product to a cancer patient, or domestic violence survivor, and instead they are supposedly donating cash. Someone is suing.

But out of all the eyebrow pencils, I love Thriveís.
Yeah that. Itís not MLM but I wonít vouch for the company. Iím not sure I care what they donate though. It is the eyebrow pencil that is my favorite but I got the package with the mascara and ended up liking it.

Old Yesterday, 07:50 PM

700 posts, read 1,360,872 times
My favorite - been using it for years - https://www.maybelline.com/eye-makeu...rproof-mascara

Old Yesterday, 08:02 PM

40,280 posts, read 38,834,123 times
I used L'Oreal Voluminous forever, and loved the curved brush. I also liked the fact that it didn't smudge under my eyes the way Great Lash always did.

On a whim one day last year I bought a tube of Maybelline Total Temptation, and I have been loving it.

https://www.target.com/p/maybelline-...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

It stays on, and it adds just the right amount of product without being TOO wet or clumping.

Old Yesterday, 08:03 PM

187 posts, read 37,969 times
Too Faced Better than Sex but got too expensive. So now I have loreal

Old Yesterday, 08:17 PM

1,821 posts, read 2,343,046 times
Lancome Definicils -- always & forever. Expensive - yes. But works best for my thin lashes. Colors each & every one. Lengthens to a very natural look.
I'd love to spend less. But every time I've bought something else -- all the earlier ones posted -- I regret. Lancome Definicils forever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or