U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2019, 08:23 PM

3,404 posts, read 1,609,263 times

Advertisements

L'Orťal Paris Voluminous Lash Paradise Washable Mascara, Mystic Black

I buy it on Amazon
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2019, 09:15 PM

4,989 posts, read 5,569,609 times
L'Oreal Voluminous Lash Paradise

Only downside is that the tube dries out rather quickly, so make sure to replace often. And I don't like the regular Voluminous, btw.

Old 01-01-2019, 09:32 PM

11,574 posts, read 19,711,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaynaydee View Post
I love Maybellineís Great BIG Lash, not to be confused with Great Lash, which doesnít do anything for me. GBL has a bigger brush than GL.

GBL gives me definition and volume and doesnít clump at all which is a big plus for me. I switched to LíOrťal Voluminous Carbon Black, which was great for a minute but soon clumped. I switched back to GBL. Iíve been using GBL for years.

I like the natural look so I only use two coats during the day, in shades Very Black or Blackest Black.

Another one I used was Avedaís Mosscara. It didnít clump and gave me definition, but it seemed it had more of a ďwetĒ application, if that makes sense. I wasnít too impressed with it, especially at $18 a pop.
I like a wetter mascara because I blow dry my lashes up to curl. Sounds weird, but it works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooting Stars View Post

Only downside is that the tube dries out rather quickly, so make sure to replace often. And I don't like the regular Voluminous, btw.
My issues with the Lash Paradise were I had to wipe off tons of mascara before applying, because there was so much it clumped badly. It also didnít wash off easily. Iím trying to pare down my routine, so I am not using eye makeup remover, then cleanser.

For accuracy, as Iíve aged, my preference is a mascara that lengthens, not thickens or volumizes.

Old 01-01-2019, 09:40 PM

1,551 posts, read 486,854 times
Mascara is one of the few products I find that oftentimes, if I spend a little more, the better the product... foundation & lipstick being the others. And, I don't buy high end, like $150 foundations, but lower mid-range (won't go above $40, but often hover in the $25 range)... I find drugstore brands just don't work for me, especially mascara. The exception is L'Oreal lipsticks, but Mac lipsticks, which I like far more, are only a few $$ more, so I buy those.

I like Mac's Haute & Naughty mascara & have used it for about 8-yrs now. I've seen it jump from $18 to $22 in that time... I'll need a new one by March & expect it will be more. The best feature is it never clumps. I used to use Estee Lauder's More Than Mascara, which I liked more, but it was $30 the last time I bought it (which was 20-yrs ago) & has since been discontinued. I've heard there are lovely Dior & YSL mascaras, but the price is too much. I've even seen some in the $65-100 range, but I think that's just way too much, although maybe someday I'll treat myself... can't bring myself to do it yet.

Decades ago, that cheap Maybelline Great Lash mascara was all anyone needed. It was thick, but went on smoothly & when it did need to be tossed... oh, well, it was under $4. But, the last time I got it, it was as if it had been watered down. I looked online & found it was a huge complaint by many consumers & that the co had changed the formula some time ago.

I do occasionally try something different, in the hopes it will be better or cheaper. Never found anything. Didn't know I could return makeup, however... Now that I know I can do that, I may test a few over the upcoming year. My b'day is in a few months, so I may splurge on one of those YSL mascaras for $32ish.

Old 01-01-2019, 09:41 PM

5,099 posts, read 4,788,797 times
Maybelline Great Lash Blackest Black. I've experimented with more expensive name brand mascaras for years but come back to Great Lash every time. You can find it anywhere, inexpensive and works great.

Old Yesterday, 01:21 AM

3,699 posts, read 3,340,830 times
Milk I found it at Sephora.
Incredible stuff!!!!

Old Yesterday, 10:09 AM

3,404 posts, read 1,609,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooting Stars View Post

I put a bit of tap water in and swoosh it a round. Makes it just like new.

Old Yesterday, 10:56 AM

4,587 posts, read 6,271,065 times
Iíve tried everything looking for mascara that really didnít clump (they all say they donít but they do) and for a mascara that does t scream IM WEARING MASCARA!
Hard to find, but I did it.
https://www.glossier.com/products/lash-slick

Iíve been using it for a year now (not the same tube!) and itís never once clumped and it looks like I just have lovely natural lashes. Iím so over the Bambi-like lash extensions and the clumsy overdone mascara look.

They have other great products too. Their Boy Brow is awesome.

Old Yesterday, 11:13 AM

4,504 posts, read 1,891,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mschrief View Post
I put a bit of tap water in and swoosh it a round. Makes it just like new.
Lawd. No.

Old Yesterday, 11:15 AM

4,587 posts, read 6,271,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCNYC View Post
Lawd. No.
What a teeming Petri dish of microbes a mascara tube is...just add water to see it REALLY take off!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or