Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2018, 11:45 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,812,910 times

Advertisements

From what I see, some women prefer a more dramatic look, with heavily-applied mascara. I've never been comfortable with that, though I do want to see some color!

That's why I'm wondering, too, if you've changed brands. In my 20s and 30s, I used to buy the "-cils" lol...might have been the Clinique line. Then I switched to the then-popular Maybelline Great Lash. Recently, I noticed that there wasn't enough product being deposited, and I don't know whether this was due to a formula change or my simply having gotten used to an inferior mascara.

So I went shopping. And now I want drugstore brands. I liked L'oreal's Voluminous, but after about 2 weeks, it got "gloppy." Now, I'm using Elf, which I thought I'd try--for 3 bucks. Surprisingly, I even like the fat, smaller, tufted brush. It deposits color nicely, and the look is "feathery," which I prefer. But I'm only a couple of weeks into that, so I might encounter the same problem. I hope not, because I like it.

How about you? What do you use, and have you changed brands?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2018, 12:09 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,394,837 times
I like this...just on the tips for a regular day, whole lash if I want a bit more

https://thrivecausemetics.com/produc...kaAvoLEALw_wcB

This is my go to for nights out

https://www.sephora.com/product/bett...ascara-P381000

I have long lashes, but they are blond on the tips, so a little works well for me most days. The Better than Sex mascara is more dramatic.

Old 12-31-2018, 12:13 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,007,691 times
I have one of the ELF mascaras, I really like it for the price.

Mostly I use eother Smashbox or Urban Decay mascara. They're bot drug store brands, but I buy the mini/travel size to keep the price down. Mascara is really only good for 3-6 months, so the smaller tubes are the perfect amount.

Old 12-31-2018, 07:35 PM

15,637 posts, read 26,242,236 times
I just went through this. I liked L’Oreal Voluminous. It was the 4x greater lash version. I can’t tell you why, but they upped it to 5x greater, the formula appeared the same and the mascara was awful. So I tried ELF, NYX doll lash which they discontinued. And about three others.

Till I found Maybelline Falsies. It’s a dupe for Benefit’s They’re Real, which I liked the mascara but hated the wand.

Soft curved brush, washable but doesn’t run when I apply eye drops.

Old 12-31-2018, 08:54 PM

385 posts, read 205,329 times
I love Two Faced "Better Than Sex" Mascara and IT Superhero mascara.

Old 12-31-2018, 09:06 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,244,911 times
I have tried the expensive mascara you buy at Macy's and Nordstrom's and after paying a lot of money for clumping mascara, I discovered cheap Cover Girl Professional Remarkable mascara. As long as they keep making it and don't change it, I'm sticking with that.

Old 12-31-2018, 09:39 PM

16,414 posts, read 12,484,437 times
I've recently switched to the L'Oreal Lash Paradise line, and I LOVE it. Alone on most days, and with the primer when I want a little extra "oomph".

I do want to try the Charlotte Tillsbury Legendary Lashes Vol. 2, but not sure I want to get hooked to such an expensive product for regular use.

Old 01-01-2019, 12:53 AM

15,546 posts, read 12,007,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enduringwone View Post
I love Two Faced "Better Than Sex" Mascara and IT Superhero mascara.
Yes, I also like IT superhero mascara.

Old 01-01-2019, 06:33 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,812,910 times
Thanks for the suggestions!

As I mentioned, it had been a long time since I tried something new, and was surprised by the number of varieties within each brand. Yikes.

The curved brushes were intriguing, but I've never used one before. I also like the idea of doing just the lash tips for a change. I saw a demonstration once where the makeup artist did that, applying the mascara just a little heavier at the corners, and it looked very nice.

So far, I really like the ELF, and I'm hoping it doesn't get gloppy too soon. But if it does, it's great being able to try a variety of products at the drugstore without breaking the bank!

Old 01-01-2019, 08:58 AM

8,085 posts, read 5,242,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STL74 View Post
I like this...just on the tips for a regular day, whole lash if I want a bit more

https://thrivecausemetics.com/produc...kaAvoLEALw_wcB

This is my go to for nights out

https://www.sephora.com/product/bett...ascara-P381000

I have long lashes, but they are blond on the tips, so a little works well for me most days. The Better than Sex mascara is more dramatic.
I'd be VERY careful buying anything from "Thrive" causemetics. It's the same BS MLM - brainwashing nonsense as Shanann Watts (RIP) was involved in...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty