U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2019, 09:55 AM

4,868 posts, read 7,434,087 times

Advertisements

I would like to know, are there any particular reasons why you buy your favorite styles?

My main selling points are style and proper fit. Many brands are making their slim fit lines their default line, which is a dealbreaker for me. Also, the styles of my favorite brand are very innovative, particularly since 2016.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2019, 11:08 AM

Location: Follow the oil exhaust cloud until you run out of gas, then turn left
945 posts, read 281,881 times
Uh.....

Because they're my favorite styles?

Really, how much more justification is necessary (or possible)?

Old 01-07-2019, 10:44 AM

19,873 posts, read 13,079,032 times
For me, it is about what I can find and afford. And also what I think looks good on me. There are few things that fit and/or look good on me. Shoes are especially hard. But so are dresses and skirts, which I haven’t worn in a decade or so.

Old 01-07-2019, 05:55 PM

4,186 posts, read 6,087,394 times
My kids are always trying to steal my clothes. They tell me, "Dad, you just don't dress like some old guy." So I guess my style is relatively youthful and slim-cut. Though this "old guy" does put on a nice suit every once in a while.

Old 01-08-2019, 04:12 AM

6,377 posts, read 6,770,500 times
Well, off the top of my head......
-- I like short sleeves, never wear long sleeves, because many long sleeves in childhood were scratchy, or hot. So even now decades later as an adult I still don't like long sleeves, and never wear them by first choice.

-- I like twin sets -- or should I say "mock" twin sets, as I was corrected here on CD recently -- because they give you the professional look of wearing a jacket, but the blouse and jacket are one piece. So there're one less layer, but you can get the look of two.

-- I like pull-on knit pants....well because, as far as pants go, you can't get more comfortable than that!
-- I like T-shirts and what I call 'business casual T-shirts' (basically T-shirt material or cut -- but with embellishments -- like designs near the neckline or a embroidered collar) -- because when it comes to tops/blouses they're as comfortable as you can get, but may still look "dressed up enough to wear to work.

-- For shoes, 99.9 percent of the time I wear only mules or clogs, because I hate having my foot enclosed in a shoe.

Old 01-08-2019, 07:09 AM

9,739 posts, read 13,640,153 times
Cut, fit, and comfort. It needs to feel good and not highlight my flaws. Bonus points if the color trends happen to be colors that work for me.

Old 01-10-2019, 02:04 PM

1,970 posts, read 3,407,699 times
1. They fit horizontally, and vertically
2. They are comfortable, and don't look dorky
3. I had a coupon and they were on sale.

Old 01-11-2019, 06:59 AM

6 posts, read 408 times
Because they are my favorite ones! I feel confidently and comfortably wearing such clothes

Old 01-11-2019, 07:39 AM

35,503 posts, read 43,726,645 times
Does the color or style catch my eye?
Does it fit me like it should?
Is it comfortable?
Is it practical? A designer ball gown might make me feel great, but I’d have no reason to buy it.
Does it make me feel good?
Is it a good value?

Old 01-12-2019, 08:55 PM

2,457 posts, read 1,025,121 times
Long sleeve shirts-I like them because they are good for fall/winter/early spring and can easily be rolled up for later spring and summer.

Boot cut jeans-They are more flattering on me than the skinny jeans and they generally fit better.

Square toe shoes-Comfortable; I spend a lot of time walking around.

T-shirts-I love tees of all kinds; I have novelty ones, souvenir ones, and plain pocket ones. They are great for the weekend.

Doc Martens-Love how comfortable and well these fit.

Red, orange, black, and purple clothing because I love the colors. I also like to buy unusual jewelry and odd purses because they are unique. I don't want to look like everyone else and don't care what is/is not in fashion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty