U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2019, 08:36 AM

4,873 posts, read 7,439,240 times

Advertisements

With the fall/winter fashion season drawing to a close, I would like to know, what are some of your favorite spring/summer outfits that you own?

Some of my favorites include an interlock polo, a 60/40 cotton/poly pique/performance polo, a pelican print oxford button-down shirt, and a button-down natural stretch poplin shirt with blue plaid, all in my favorite shade of pink.

What are your favorite spring/summer outfits that you own?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2019, 09:23 AM

188 posts, read 69,241 times
I live in dresses during the warmer months of the year.

I look for the best pattern cut type for my figure and
buy every pattern that I like. So, my closet is full of
my favorite colors and styles and I try everything on
every year or less to make sure I can still wear it all.
I have some black sheath style dresses that are knee
length with bright, beautiful florals. I enjoy prints
and cuts that are simple.

I'm funny, I like to almost feel like I am clothes shopping
when I look in my closet for an outfit. Best of all, every
thing fits perfect and is my color and style. In other
words, I have some amazing dresses still on the hanger
that I have not worn. Same with my shoes, all carefully
placed and ready to be worn at a moments notice.

I find my full very desirable and neatly organized clothes
closet to be a comfort and a joy. I love seeing all the
beautiful outfits I have displayed as pretty as any clothes
store. Best of all, I spend very little on my clothes
compared to what others spend. My closet is
definitely on the smaller side, but great shelves and
lots of room for everything with a nice layout.

I think some women enjoy their clothes closets as much
as men enjoy their garages and car collections. This
time of year being winter, I have all my winter clothes
and shoes and accessories separate in a plastic tub.
As soon as winter weather is over, I fold everything up
for the season and shut the lid closed. All my spring
and summer clothes stayed hung up ready to go. Our
winters tend to be shorter than most.

Old 01-06-2019, 09:49 AM

In truth, fashion seasons don't really align with real seasons, and January and July are typically considered to be the transitional months where the big changeovers between seasons occur, which is why often a lot of retailers will hold a lot of sales on previous season clothes at the end of those months.

Old 01-06-2019, 09:53 AM

188 posts, read 69,241 times
This reminds me of a favorite dress I own that is made of a wonder fabric and is a rich, striped pattern that
is gorgeous yet simple. Multi colored yet understated. Sleeve less cut and knee length. It was on clearance
for 11 or 12 bucks. Size is perfect. Classy as any J.Crew style.

So my son graduated from college and I had to drop everyone off in a very chaotic traffic situation during
some incredibly hot weather, Austin Texas which was broiling even in the very early morning. I have to
drive across a freeway overpass and park way out which resulted in a very long walk back to the venue
for me. That dress held up beautifully. I chose comfortable but nicely matched shoes that were also
easy for me to walk around in. Fortunately the dress stood up nicely for photos, it was so hot I was not
wearing makeup so I tried to stand in the back round but the dress pattern and material looked fresh and
sharp for the picture.

Great dress and a great bargain. The weather was brutal. No sweat stains visible, thanks to the fabric.
Of course it was fully lined. Very well made dress.

Old 01-06-2019, 10:03 AM

19,900 posts, read 13,094,355 times
Spring in rhe PNW is cool and rainy, as is winter! I can certainly push heavier coats to the back of the closet, but I will be wearing winter clothes for four more months, or so. So for me, it is very gradual. I’ll wear fewer layers, perhaps.

I’ll begin shedding socks in April or early May, depending on how quickly we warm up. I might switch to a lighter weight raincoat, which is a bright spring green. I’ll continue wearing jeans, but I’ll wear my off white or pink pairs more often. I’ll switch to sandals in May, I hope.

I have a favorite yellow wool sweater, which makes me think of spring, so I’ll be wearing it pretty often, I think. I’ve also refreshed my tees by adding several in my favorite colors, so I’ll happily wear them with jeans or knit pants.

Old 01-06-2019, 02:49 PM

27,079 posts, read 28,718,735 times
Spring here in the Bay is rainy, and sometimes warm mixes in with the cold. You can generally wear fall clothes in spring.

I’m abroad right now where it is warm, so I’ve got on summer clothes. Today I have this floral dress on that is mostly pinks, with yellow and grey. It is one of my faves as it fits well, doesn’t wrinkle and doesn’t ever look out of date even after like 8 years. It’s a winner and has held up well. But my trip ends tomorrow so I’ll be back to winter in the bay - chilly and rainy.

Old 01-06-2019, 03:05 PM

For those wondering, where I live in Arizona yes they do sell fall/winter clothes, although the exact selection that gets stocked in local stores seems to vary every year, with some years getting a completely different selection from others. Spring/summer stock on the other hand seems to be fairly consistent every year, and often makes it into local stores quite early.

Old 01-06-2019, 04:05 PM
Status: "The best view is after the hardest climb." (set 17 days ago)

42,469 posts, read 33,944,796 times
Living in NE Texas we revel in our chance to wear winter clothes - and I use that term loosely since we went to Maine a few years ago in the fall and found out what REAL winter clothes were - they were selling what we consider winter clothes for their left over summer clothes - sweat shirts, hoodies, jackets, etc. We went to LL Bean and couldn't even buy a single thing because everything, and I do mean everything, was too hot and heavy for our mild winters.

Also, when I visited Ohio a couple of years ago in the winter, and it was 6 degrees at 2 pm and snowy, I found out that my "winter boots" (bought in Texas) were definitely inadequate! So I had to go buy some "real" winter boots.

But we do wear cute boots or booties, scarves, hats, light weight jackets and coats, etc. in the winter. However, we start wearing sandals in March or so and wear them through October and till we're sick of them in November!

I actually much prefer winter clothes over summer clothes because I love layering things. Here in Texas in the summer, we don't layer. Not a bit. We UN layer - LOL.

For summer, I like flowy cotton tops and shorts, or thin slim cut cropped pants, floppy hats, and sandals sandals sandals. And this southern girl learned early on to keep my toes and feet in impeccable condition! So fun toenail polish is part of what I like as well.

Old 01-06-2019, 09:12 PM

198 posts, read 58,685 times
During the spring and summer I usually like to wear skinny or straight jeans with leather flat thong sandals along with bright pastel colored t-shirts. I'm a guy but I do enjoy dressing femininely whenever possible due to my physique and facial features.

Last edited by Cinco Ranch; 01-06-2019 at 09:36 PM..

Old 01-08-2019, 05:47 PM

8,408 posts, read 7,721,146 times
Skinny, white, denim.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or