U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2019, 09:08 AM

9 posts, read 2,029 times

Advertisements

I own one pair of jeans, which I think I've worn once in the past year, probably for yard work. I only wear skirts and dresses outside of the house. I wear warm leggings underneath in the winter so the cold weather doesn't bother me.

So no, I'm not a fan of jeans, but it's just personal preference rather than a judgement on how they're made or how they look on others. I don't really look that closely at them to know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2019, 09:34 AM

4,971 posts, read 1,735,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
I am a 65-year-old woman, and I LOVE jeans and wear them whenever I can. (I do wear capris on hot summer days and dresses when called for,, though.) I don't care if they are ugly -- they fit, last forever, and it is not immediately obvious if they are slightly stained (in most cases, that is).

Yeah, I wear jeans almost every day. Even to work. I have 5 or 6 pair of jeans. Most of them are Boot cuts, but I do have 1 pair of skinny jeans (which IMO, look fine if worn with a tunic that covers the rear) , and 2 pair of jeggings (2 different colors) that I also wear with tunics.

I live in jeans. lol

Old 01-21-2019, 09:35 AM

5,597 posts, read 8,329,999 times
The array of jeans that is available today is so diverse that it's hard to even talk about "jeans" without a greater description.

There are casual jeans, dressy jeans, ripped jeans, jeans meant to look dirty, distressed, faded, etc.

I think most of them look as good as the body that is wearing them. That's true of most clothes.

The only kinds of jeans I really don't like are the ripped ones and the "old man" jeans.

Old 01-21-2019, 10:16 AM

27,082 posts, read 28,747,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I think a great fitting pair of jeans looks good. The problem is, unless a person is fairly thin, it is hard to wear them well, especially for men. My husband has a bit of a belly, so if jeans fit his waist theyíre baggy everywhere else.

What I think looks terrible are those tight denim leggings....even on young thin girls. To me, it looks so uncomfortable. Iíd rather have a bit of air between my jeans and my body.
Most of the denim leggings feel like leggings or yoga pants. They are soft and comfy. More than traditional jeans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
This is the thing. People donít like jeans because they donít think they canít fit into them. I have talked to old friends , classmates or coworkers about what we like to wear on our off days. All the chunky girls hate wearing jeans. Even those with lots of stretch in them. Unless of course the are into jeggings or super skinny jeans and WANT to show off their body. I was like this too when I was heavier. I hated having to buy size 12. I know...really stupid. Because a good pair of jeans that fits well can be flattering on most people.
I love 7 for all mankind.
Interesting, I wonder if that is generational. Iíve never particularly had issues wearing jeans. Fit was hard for me, but stretch changed all that. When I was younger it seemed really hard to find the latest jeans trend in my size. But thatís no longer an issue. So I donít see how size plays into it.

Old 01-21-2019, 10:19 AM

148 posts, read 37,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post

seeing hunter orange at a wedding reception...yeah that gets on my nerves
Yep, Been there ;-) Luckily for me it is my EXs family, so no more

Old 01-21-2019, 10:39 AM

148 posts, read 37,025 times
No, I do not agree. Any piece of clothing can be ugly depending on style, color, pattern, what it is on.

Old 01-21-2019, 10:52 AM

21,346 posts, read 22,487,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
Jordache comes to mind.

Way back in the day, when Disco was king, there was a club my friend and I used to go to. You couldn't get in if you were just wearing Levi's. You had to have "designer jeans". Jordache passed for designer jeans.
Heh... Jordache was exactly what I was thinking.

Old 01-21-2019, 11:17 AM

5,119 posts, read 6,864,832 times
I don't care for the style of some of them, but to each his own. However, I don't find them very comfortable anymore - I think they were more comfortable 25-30+ years ago than now, but maybe that is just an age factor.

Old 01-21-2019, 11:27 AM

19,960 posts, read 13,132,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
I am a 65-year-old woman, and I LOVE jeans and wear them whenever I can. (I do wear capris on hot summer days and dresses when called for,, though.) I don't care if they are ugly -- they fit, last forever, and it is not immediately obvious if they are slightly stained (in most cases, that is).
Me too!

Old 01-21-2019, 02:02 PM

1,076 posts, read 1,760,153 times
I love jeans if they're well made and fit right. You can be very casual or a bit dressy with a silk shirt or
nice sport jacket. Good shoes/boots can add to the look.

Besides, IMO they couldn't possibly be as unattractive as the "cold shoulder" look. It just
looks cheap.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or