U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2019, 10:10 AM

76 posts, read 51,947 times

Advertisements

I got a great deal on some Lucchese cowboy boots but the calf is a bit too snug. Is there a good way to stretch them out a bit?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2019, 11:10 AM

8,531 posts, read 4,262,697 times
Strecher spray and boot strechers.

Old 01-23-2019, 02:41 PM

21,435 posts, read 26,792,302 times
Yes. Lucchese boots are going to be made with good leather. It would be worth the small cost to take them to a shoe repair place and have the leather professionally stretched.

Take good care of those boots and they will last for decades.

Old 01-26-2019, 03:54 PM

2,842 posts, read 4,427,769 times
I’d take them to a shoe repair place. Those are good boots, and I wouldn’t take a chance doing it myself. You didn’t specify what type of hide they are, but if they are goat or cowhide they should be pretty easy to stretch. I’m not so sure about exotics, though.

I have several pairs of Luccheses. I love them all.

Rodeo’s fixing to be here, yeehaw!

Old 01-26-2019, 05:00 PM

4,253 posts, read 3,527,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
Yes. Lucchese boots are going to be made with good leather. It would be worth the small cost to take them to a shoe repair place and have the leather professionally stretched.

Take good care of those boots and they will last for decades.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellpaso View Post
Iíd take them to a shoe repair place. Those are good boots, and I wouldnít take a chance doing it myself. You didnít specify what type of hide they are, but if they are goat or cowhide they should be pretty easy to stretch. Iím not so sure about exotics, though.

I have several pairs of Luccheses. I love them all.

Rodeoís fixing to be here, yeehaw!
Yes, what they said are my thoughts exactly.

If you're not sure of where to find these shoe repair shops ask around your neighborhood/town (maybe even someone from where you work?) and see if anyone can recommend a reputable one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty