U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2019, 04:20 PM

24,778 posts, read 31,899,278 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Oh, thank you for translating, haha. So, it's about the new see-through-ish fabrics, or clingy fabrics, that show one's underpinnings? I think generally, we're supposed to wear a camisole, or other extra layer underneath. I was hoping the extra-light fabric fashion trend would pass. I'm still waiting for it to go away.

I noticed recently, that a European designer I like to follow has come out with a see-through wool fabric for winter. What's the point of that? Super-lightweight wool? It doesn't make any sense.
Yes. She is wearing a top so thin that her bra is completely visible under it. It's a bit skanky for me. I do have one "see through" sleeveless top that I love, but I wear a black camisole under it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2019, 07:11 PM

14,334 posts, read 13,075,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Yes. She is wearing a top so thin that her bra is completely visible under it. It's a bit skanky for me. I do have one "see through" sleeveless top that I love, but I wear a black camisole under it.

I see.
But that's a SLEEVELESS top, which one might expect to be made of a thinner material.
But the person in question wears a TURTLENECK, and that kinda gives an idea of something warm, and therefore should be made of a thicker material, as it used to be.
But now you have to buy thin piece of crap, and then to buy a SECOND piece to wear under it, in order to look decent.

I see how it works.

Corporations need make a bit more money I suppose))))
Apparently they are not making enough...

Old Today, 09:52 PM

14,194 posts, read 10,388,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
OK, so I am 69 frikkin' years old, and I occasionally wear racer back tops with bra straps that show in the back. This is mostly for athletic wear, however. It's just BRA STRAPS for heaven sake. I live in Florida and this is common among all age women here. No, I would not do this for dress-up or formal wear. Better to have bra straps showing than not wearing (but needing) a bra and perhaps showing something else.
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcandme View Post
I don`t mind seeing bra straps, as long as they are not dirty or dingy.......but I have seen a lot that are. Bra`s are expensive, and some wear them, until they are falling apart. Now that looks tacky.
You know what, I'm old enough that I was taught that bra straps showing was tacky, but I'm kind of at the end of my rope. I've never for the life of me been able to buy a strapless that felt endurable -- ugh, those rubber strips, too -- (least of my problem) or fit or looked in any acceptable way (more of the problem). There are so many tops I love that would reveal a strap, so I'm just giving in and wearing either bikini tops or prettier bras with thin, colorful straps.

Also, I recently read a fashion blog where the full-figured blogger answered a question from a reader and said she often pushes her straps off her shoulders so they don't show in certain tops. I do that all the time! But I always felt like it was a cheap, tacky fix-it. I was just wondering how many other women did it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty