U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2019, 06:54 PM

4,929 posts, read 7,506,394 times

Advertisements

I have noticed that in recent years many newer pique polos are cotton/poly blends, often with performance features. I know performance polos are very popular with young adults, and I actually wonder if 100% cotton pique polos are falling out of favor. Sure, they will always be offered by the brands best known for them such as Polo Ralph Lauren and Lacoste, but other brands seem to be introducing more cotton/poly blend polos. I wonder if consumer preferences favor performance fabrics, as well as lower maintenance fabrics since cotton/poly blends are less prone to wrinkling and shrinkage. It seems that the polos that will always remain 100% cotton are interlock polos.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2019, 08:10 PM

578 posts, read 262,223 times
I think that polos are out of favor, period. My office is super casual computer geek types though.

Old 02-10-2019, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatetodust View Post
I think that polos are out of favor, period. My office is super casual computer geek types though.
Athletic/performance polos are in style with the younger crowd. It seems that some brands are combining the best features of traditional pique polos with performance polos to try to appeal more towards consumer preferences.

Old Yesterday, 07:25 PM

1,142 posts, read 2,348,520 times
I stopped wearing cotton polos and switched to the synthetic ones. The cotton ones wrinked way too easily and required too much ironing after washing. I think I threw my last cotton polo in the trash a few years ago.

Old Yesterday, 07:34 PM

8,500 posts, read 7,798,292 times
Completely out of style.

Even golf courses don't sell them any longer.

100% cotton is hot in the summer and miserable when wet.

Old Yesterday, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
Completely out of style.

Even golf courses don't sell them any longer.

100% cotton is hot in the summer and miserable when wet.
For pique, cotton/poly blends are becoming popular, which combine the best features of both traditional pique polos with performance polos. However, interlock polos are still generally 100% cotton since they are generally supposed to look more luxurious. Some interlock polos use pima cotton, which is a softer variety of cotton.

Old Yesterday, 08:17 PM

33,100 posts, read 40,531,407 times
We been on this road before:

"Is that polo knit pique?"

"No, it's green."

Old Yesterday, 08:22 PM

4,719 posts, read 2,000,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Jazz View Post
Athletic/performance polos are in style with the younger crowd. It seems that some brands are combining the best features of traditional pique polos with performance polos to try to appeal more towards consumer preferences.
I have 3 young adult sons who have tons of friends. NO ONE is wearing polos. NONE. Nada. Nor my HS nephews or any of their friends. And they definitely don't know "performance fabric" from silk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty