U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2019, 03:03 PM

11,646 posts, read 19,866,192 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartygurl View Post
Does anyone know of any good cosmetic product that will fill in or cover up wrinkles?
Its said that a good primer will help foundation from creasing up, will fill lines and make application of foundation smoother.

Retinol is the gold standard for helping your skin create more collagen so fewer wrinkles and some easing of lines, but not everyone can use it.

But, update your look and embrace your lines. You might find that your old way of setting makeup with powder isn’t working for you anymore. If you must set, use a facial setting spray. Maybe using a tinted moisturizer instead of a full foundation will work better.

We’re all aging, and changing — so are the products and styles.

Old 02-11-2019, 09:45 AM

38,553 posts, read 19,641,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
Its said that a good primer will help foundation from creasing up, will fill lines and make application of foundation smoother.

Retinol is the gold standard for helping your skin create more collagen so fewer wrinkles and some easing of lines, but not everyone can use it.

But, update your look and embrace your lines. You might find that your old way of setting makeup with powder isn’t working for you anymore. If you must set, use a facial setting spray. Maybe using a tinted moisturizer instead of a full foundation will work better.

We’re all aging, and changing — so are the products and styles.
Don't forget sunscreen.

Skin Hydration is also important for plumping and it looks and feels better. Makeup on skin that is dry also emphasizes wrinkles. Although exfoliation is important to get rid of dry dead skin don't over do exfoliation. Protect your skin barrier with ceramides.

https://beverlyhillsmd.com/understanding-skin-barrier/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2019, 10:15 AM

2,072 posts, read 2,837,451 times
I honestly believe a good moisturizer is key to having a good skin. That and avoid excessive sun - so no baking yourself crisp under the sun.

I love Shisheido. You can get it affordably from TJMaxx - way cheaper than getting it at Dept. Stores for sure.

Old 02-11-2019, 11:58 AM

5,416 posts, read 2,450,281 times
Windex!
(okay only those that watched My Greek wedding will get that line)

If my surgery was any indication ...my doctor said to stay away from Fish oil vitamin...apparently its a catylst on tighten skin.Which would explain why norwegians...and some asians have beautiful complexions.
fish oil also thins the blood which was why he said to stay away from it....

Retinol does work.

Old 02-11-2019, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graceC View Post
I honestly believe a good moisturizer is key to having a good skin. That and avoid excessive sun - so no baking yourself crisp under the sun.

I love Shisheido. You can get it affordably from TJMaxx - way cheaper than getting it at Dept. Stores for sure.
Avoid excessive sun, We were boaters and loved being in the water and sun, if the sun was shining we were outside. Now I don't go out as much, I wear sunscreen, wear a baseball hat if I am in the sun... DH is confused

I think what finally scared me was meeting a girl who was 10 years younger than me. She was so tan but her skin was leather and it looked terrible. So sad, I still love sunny days and swimming but limit it now

Old 02-11-2019, 12:58 PM

203 posts, read 33,657 times
Quote:
Does anyone know of any good cosmetic product that will fill in or cover up wrinkles?
Avoiding the sun without sunscreen, staying well hydrated...drink lots of water & limit use of cosmetics around the delicate skin under the eye. Products with retinol & hyaluronic acid...I hear Amara Organics Cream for the face is good.

Old 02-11-2019, 02:05 PM

1,680 posts, read 821,584 times
Stay out of the sun, and don't get old.

Old 02-12-2019, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgardener View Post
Stay out of the sun, and don't get old.
Getting old is better than the alternative

Old 02-14-2019, 03:00 AM

1,392 posts, read 2,590,633 times
I am just looking for something that will hide the wrinkles under makeup. I know there are things that hide tattoos pretty well, so why not wrinkles?

Old Yesterday, 02:39 AM

11,646 posts, read 19,866,192 times
Quote:
I am just looking for something that will hide the wrinkles under makeup. I know there are things that hide tattoos pretty well, so why not wrinkles?
Well, tattoos are under the skin, and wrinkles are on top. Using a good silicone primer does smooth out your skin and fill a little, but only medical intervention will eliminate wrinkles, and if they are deep enough, maybe not then, other than a face lift.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty