U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2019, 11:35 AM

1,969 posts, read 474,822 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by steiconi View Post
Looks like ski suits that have been around forever. One piece means you don't get snow in at the waist.
I do see some vintage one-piece ski suits on the slopes, but the gold lame one is nowhere close.

I ski between 1.5 million and 2.0 million vertical feet each winter. I'm on the slopes over 80 days each season. I haven't gotten snow in at the waist since about 1984.

Trust me - the disadvantage of the one-piece ski suit when its time to go in for lunch or to go to the restroom far outweighs any functional advantage for a learning skier - someone likely to end up on the snow a fair bit. Fashion-wise, I still think this one is like a diaper.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2019, 12:53 PM

4,042 posts, read 893,504 times
I really don’t care what people wear in public, but I think onesies are sort of creepy when it resembles an animal with the hoodie animal head and all.

Old 02-18-2019, 02:04 PM

15,254 posts, read 12,512,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lead View Post
How self-centered does one have to be to think that a person wearing a onesie is an insult to them?
we have to bloody look at them in their saggy bums in the aisles amongst the beans...

Old 02-18-2019, 02:05 PM

15,254 posts, read 12,512,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapa1 View Post
I really donít care what people wear in public, but I think onesies are sort of creepy when it resembles an animal with the hoodie animal head and all.
they look like those kinky folk who dress in babies clothes...

Old 02-18-2019, 06:45 PM

106 posts, read 25,115 times
Comedian Q Park took to the streets of NYC, wearing a onesie/romper for fun. Check out the responses he received.
HI-larious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37BdS5KH9K8

Old 02-18-2019, 07:45 PM

24,805 posts, read 23,744,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Resourcer View Post
Comedian Q Park took to the streets of NYC, wearing a onesie/romper for fun. Check out the responses he received.
HI-larious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37BdS5KH9K8
That's funny!

Old 02-18-2019, 08:48 PM

7,118 posts, read 6,521,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
not seen them in a couple of years being worn here, they are out of fashion as far as I know and thank the lord. stupid looking trend and looked smelly as if they wore them all week to bed then tumbled out into the supermarket wearing them its an insult to other shoppers like wearing slippers and pyjamas...

Just my opinion but I don't think people who wear stupid or odd looking outfits like onesies or PJ's and slippers in public are trying to insult other people. I'm pretty sure they're kind of mentally odd themselves, not really 'normal' (for want of a better word) and they are oblivious of how they actually present themselves in public. They aren't thinking about other people and don't care what other people are accustomed to seeing at all, they're only thinking about themselves and their self-gratification and are clueless about what is appropriate public decorum. There are manufacturers who will produce and cater to whatever other people want, whether they're odd or not, their money is just as good as anyone else's. As long as there are people producing and selling strange or indecorous clothing, there will be certain strange people who will trip over themselves to rush out to buy and wear them.

I may not think those odd, immature fantasy-type animal onesie outfits look good on adults in public - and I don't want to see them in public - but I would prefer to see odd people in public dressed in indecorous onesies that cover them up rather than being dressed like slovenly slobs and hookers with everything that should be covered up all exposed and hanging out all over the place. And that goes for men just as much as for women because I've seen plenty of men like that too. I don't feel insulted by people wearing weird clothes, it's not about me, it's all about themselves. But I do sometimes feel really sorry for people who do it because I suspect they get shunned by other people because of their weirdness and don't understand why, and wouldn't understand even if it was explained to them because they don't have the capability to understand.

Old 02-19-2019, 12:22 AM

7,118 posts, read 6,521,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lead View Post
It's amazing what people reveal about themselves as they try to disparage others.

You can say that again.

Old 02-19-2019, 08:05 AM

4,270 posts, read 6,840,493 times
oh, so its time for the people of Walmart .......

https://youtu.be/BvVb6GFk5vA

how do you get the video to show up

Old 02-19-2019, 08:21 AM

15,126 posts, read 31,032,495 times
LOL - well, I have not experienced this particular sight - but then I live in Florida so it's not too practical! Maybe this is a regional thing? Where I live, people tend to "bare themselves" (sometimes a wee bit too much, haha)

I actually get a kick out seeing people dressed in wild, wacky or costumey clothes. It's entertainment!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty