U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 10:06 AM

5,537 posts, read 4,761,536 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
I hate all day lipstick that can permanently stain a cloth napkin or not come off of glassware, even run through a commercial dishwasher!!

I had a boyfriend that referred to makeup on women as "warpaint". I'd much rather go natural and be without makeup, so that I look the same in the morning as I do at night. Women should just feel comfortable being themselves, instead of putting chemicals on their faces in order to attract the attention of men. And imo it's the wrong kind of men who are attracted to women with all that artificial smokey eyes and coloured lips. And what woman wants a man who is only attracted to her for her looks?

And also imo, a lifetime of wearing eye makeup leads to extra wrinkles around their eyes as they age. Wearing makeup every day when young will only age a woman's face prematurely.
The purpose of cosmetics is to accentuate the good points and minimize any imperfections or flaws. Most of us who wear makeup aren't doing so to "attract the attention of men".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 11:42 AM

22,979 posts, read 4,806,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
The purpose of cosmetics is to accentuate the good points and minimize any imperfections or flaws. Most of us who wear makeup aren't doing so to "attract the attention of men".

There are some who won't believe that....

but I'm 65 and have no need to impress anyone....
and love lipstick at times.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or