Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2019, 05:58 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,163,673 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
LOL....they make matte lipsticks that stay on all day, no smears etc.

You don't have to wear lipstick, of course!

Maybe a tinted lip gloss or Chapstick if you want a little color...they make a cherry Chapstick.
I hate all day lipstick that can permanently stain a cloth napkin or not come off of glassware, even run through a commercial dishwasher!!

I had a boyfriend that referred to makeup on women as "warpaint". I'd much rather go natural and be without makeup, so that I look the same in the morning as I do at night. Women should just feel comfortable being themselves, instead of putting chemicals on their faces in order to attract the attention of men. And imo it's the wrong kind of men who are attracted to women with all that artificial smokey eyes and coloured lips. And what woman wants a man who is only attracted to her for her looks?

And also imo, a lifetime of wearing eye makeup leads to extra wrinkles around their eyes as they age. Wearing makeup every day when young will only age a woman's face prematurely.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2019, 06:36 AM

16,418 posts, read 12,502,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
I had a boyfriend that referred to makeup on women as "warpaint". I'd much rather go natural and be without makeup, so that I look the same in the morning as I do at night. Women should just feel comfortable being themselves, instead of putting chemicals on their faces in order to attract the attention of men. And imo it's the wrong kind of men who are attracted to women with all that artificial smokey eyes and coloured lips. And what woman wants a man who is only attracted to her for her looks?
It's not always about attracting men. I'm not trying to attract anyone. I just like looking polished, and I enjoy the artistry of makeup and the routine of applying it in the morning. And as far as putting chemicals on my face, I bet my skin is in better condition than a lot of people who don't wear makeup.

Old 03-07-2019, 07:02 AM

27,074 posts, read 11,852,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
It's not always about attracting men. I'm not trying to attract anyone. I just like looking polished, and I enjoy the artistry of makeup and the routine of applying it in the morning. And as far as putting chemicals on my face, I bet my skin is in better condition than a lot of people who don't wear makeup.

Yes, polished is the word....I always wore makeup when working. If I don't feel like spending the time now, then a slash of bright lipstick is what I'll do...to me, that instantly polishes the look.

Old 03-07-2019, 07:18 AM

2,575 posts, read 2,076,440 times
I love lip color, I'm under 30.

When I go out I see a lot of girls my age and younger wearing it. Nude shades are popular.

Old 03-07-2019, 07:55 AM

10,800 posts, read 3,593,128 times
I'm way beyond being a millennial (67), but I was never a fan of women with lipstick, unless it was very subtle. Natural was always good, and I find excessive makeup as unattractive as women smoking.

But then maybe I'm old fashioned.

Old 03-07-2019, 09:34 AM

2,234 posts, read 2,403,693 times
I constantly wear lipstick. In fact, I rarely leave the house without it. I've just become so used to wearing it that I feel weird without it. I do, however, choose much more flattering shades than when I was younger. I typically wear a dark nude or dusty rose colored lipstick. I used to wear pale frosty pink lipstick when I was younger.. yikes! What was I thinking?

Old 03-07-2019, 10:03 AM

30,708 posts, read 79,793,239 times
The real question is "Can you put it on without using your hands?"

Old 03-07-2019, 10:31 AM

5,751 posts, read 10,376,172 times
OP, Kylie Jenner became a billionaire from her “Kylie Lip Kits,” so I would say that helps answer your question.

Old 03-07-2019, 11:09 AM

16,418 posts, read 12,502,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
The real question is "Can you put it on without using your hands?"
There's always got to be one

Old 03-09-2019, 09:04 AM

6,811 posts, read 6,944,732 times
I work in the cosmetic industry and lip colours are HUGELY popular no matter what age. With the new technology available, cosmetics are becoming very long wearing yet lightweight. Anyone who doesn't think younger girls aren't wearing lipstick should take a peek at any of the womens magazines geared to that demographic. Page upon page of cosmetic ads. Youtube features tutorials by young girls on how to apply just about every cosmetic.

Heavy contouring is a thing of the past. The focus is on the eyes - Bold brows are still a trend, and fake eyelashes are very popular, as well as eye liners for a that cat eye look. Still popular are the face illuminators and highlighters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty