U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2019, 06:53 PM

3,318 posts, read 2,592,231 times

Advertisements

Pantyhose never bothered me. I’ve always been a little chunky, and pantyhose always made me feel more sleek. And they hold your tummy in. Also when it’s warm, they keep your legs from chafing and sticking together.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2019, 06:57 PM

2,070 posts, read 873,627 times
I don't own any. But then I don't own any skirts or dresses either. If I do have to wear a skirt or dress, I would get some hose to go with it. I understand nude PH are def. NOT a thing anymore.

Old 03-07-2019, 07:08 PM

6,271 posts, read 7,463,135 times
On the rare occasion where I have to dress up, I wear panty hose. No bare legs for me and no spray tan. I've never had a problem finding them: Macy's and T.J Maxx both have them. Exception is a couple of casual summer dresses I wear at home.

I do prefer stockings if I can find them. They make them now (maybe they always did) with lots of elastic stuff at the top and a kind of sticky stuff inside so they dont fall down and don't require a garter belt.

Old 03-07-2019, 07:29 PM

12,527 posts, read 17,137,711 times
Dress means hose and not the cheap kind.
Deer season means hose and not the expensive kind. Perfect first layer even for guys.

Old 03-07-2019, 07:38 PM

8,768 posts, read 4,418,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemencia53 View Post
I went to my BILs office one day and the women working there were wearing skirts/dresses without hose. Sorry ladies, it just looked so - just not right. Just wear pants.
Sorry you think so. I'm still not going to wear them.

Old 03-07-2019, 09:30 PM

25,013 posts, read 32,055,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistermobile View Post
I just discovered, (honest *****') that no one wears panty hose anymore. Spray Tan it is.

true or false?
False.

Plenty of women wear pantyhose, but far far less do now, that they used to.

You can buy them in the store or even online. You can see plenty of very current reviews here, so clearly they are being purchased and worn.

https://www.nononsense.com/hosiery/c...ist-1-pair.htm

Personally, I have not worn a pair in years. I wear dresses and skirts all summer long as they are so much cooler than pants, but I simply go bare-legged. If I had to go to a formal, dressy affair in cold weather, I would probably have to put on a pair, but I would hate every minute of it.

Old Yesterday, 03:18 AM

1,508 posts, read 1,213,863 times
I do not own any. I do have one pair of stockings. My teen daughter 19 likes and wears pantyhose since age 13. Both her grandmothers used to wear pantyhose.Other female relatives also used to wear pantyhose. I skipped the pantyhose gene...

Old Yesterday, 05:38 AM

496 posts, read 95,171 times
Pantyhose=evil. I’m long-legged so the crotch always headed down toward my knees. I switched to thigh-highs but they didn’t feel much better. I still remember getting home from work and the first thing I did was, BOOM! Off with the pantyhose. Never again!

Old Yesterday, 06:42 AM

9,667 posts, read 4,397,017 times
I can't remember the last time I wore pantyhose but I live in Florida so we don't need them for warmth. I use the tanning bed about once a month just to keep a little color on my legs as I do wear dresses more often during our long, hot summers.

Old Yesterday, 07:45 AM

2,070 posts, read 873,627 times
I am the perfect age to remember - 62 - when we started wearing stockings with garter belts, in elementary school, and then miniskirts came out. And the question on everyone's lips was "Can you see the tops of my stockings?" Lasted for a few months before panty hose came out, problem solved.

BTW, if pantyhose weren't invented until the 60's, what is it that Ginger Rogers and other female dancers were wearing in the movie musicals of the 1940's, when they would twirl around and no garter belts or thigh-highs were visible? And why weren't those garments available to the general public?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty