U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 03-15-2019, 05:44 AM
 
19,201 posts, read 10,643,578 times
Reputation: 19154

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Well no, they haven't always carried plus size. That's the point of their "new and only at Target" ads. They're letting people know that their lingerie line now carries sizes from 32AA all the way up to 46DDD in stores with some additional sizes online.
Now, that is a good point.

If they're actually introducing a new product or new product line.

 
Old 03-15-2019, 06:20 AM
 
8,924 posts, read 4,500,918 times
Reputation: 30950
Quote:
Originally Posted by 566325674378 View Post
seventh?
huh?
 
Old 03-15-2019, 06:23 AM
 
8,924 posts, read 4,500,918 times
Reputation: 30950
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
Stupid "have you stopped beating your wife?" questions don't deserve answers.
It's not a stupid question. It's just one that you can't answer. Because then you'd have to admit that yes, you believe fat people should be hidden away from the world. (Or at least that's your secret desire)
 
Old 03-15-2019, 06:26 AM
 
10,608 posts, read 8,079,736 times
Reputation: 26348
For all those talking about lifestyle, how does anyone know anything about any model's lifestyle from an ad? Lifestyle?
 
Old 03-15-2019, 07:07 AM
 
Location: Coastal New Jersey
54,020 posts, read 52,903,943 times
Reputation: 63559
Quote:
Originally Posted by 566325674378 View Post
Seventh?
Both, really. Madison Avenue is advertising. Seventh is the garment district.
__________________
Moderator posts are in RED.
City-Data Terms of Service: http://www.city-data.com/terms.html
 
Old 03-15-2019, 07:21 AM
 
8,924 posts, read 4,500,918 times
Reputation: 30950
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Both, really. Madison Avenue is advertising. Seventh is the garment district.
Ahhhh ... I'm glad you understood the post.

Yeah, Madison Ave is typically considered synonymous with advertising. (Recognizing that Target's people might not actually be on MadAv, it's sort of the catch-all name for the advertising world.)
 
Old 03-15-2019, 07:37 AM
 
Location: Dallas
5,545 posts, read 4,786,460 times
Reputation: 16050
Overweight people have a right to see how the clothes they are considering will look on a heavier body. That's the reason for the large sized models. Not everyone is a size 2, and clothes that are worn by a skinny person will look very different on a size 20.
 
Old 03-15-2019, 07:46 AM
 
8,605 posts, read 12,959,249 times
Reputation: 4522
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxRhapsody View Post
Bullspit. Fat women are sexy and many people find them attractive, desire them as partners, or fetishize them. Seeing as what's deemed atteactive is purely based on opinion, with many people attracted to the bbw/ssbbws of the world... you're wrong with your "fact".
Fat women arent sexy. If they were, everyone would be trying to look like them.

Some ppl find them sexy thats fine. I dont and the majority of ppl dont.
 
Old 03-15-2019, 07:53 AM
 
6,076 posts, read 3,770,859 times
Reputation: 15523
The argument that "fat people need to know how the clothes will look on them" is specious at best. Most fat people aren't proportioned anything like those models. For that matter, most thin people aren't either. You can be a size 2 and still not be shaped like a model (raises hand). The only way to know whether and how clothes are going to fit is to try them on. The only concession shops need to make is to mention, somewhere in the ad, what sizes are available.

Showing overweight models is not at all about how clothes fit, it's about being "inclusive" and smart marketing. It's a way of saying, we recognize that 40% of American women are obese and we accept that. You're beautiful! And, by the way, please shop at our store and not some other store.

At least be honest about it.

Last edited by saibot; 03-15-2019 at 08:04 AM..
 
Old 03-15-2019, 08:07 AM
 
8,924 posts, read 4,500,918 times
Reputation: 30950
Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post
The argument that "fat people need to know how the clothes will look on them" is specious at best. Most fat people aren't proportioned anything like those models. For that matter, most thin people aren't either. You can be a size 2 and still not be shaped like a model (raises hand). The only way to know whether and how clothes are going to fit is to try them on. The only concession shops need to make is to mention, somewhere in the ad, what sizes are available.
I'm not looking for models with exactly my body proportions, but rather a close type. And a plus size model is a hell of a lot closer to me than a size 2 model.

Imagine if you at a size 2 were shopping and only had images of size 22 models. How would those images translate to you and your body? I'm guessing not at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. | Please obey Forum Rules | Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top