U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2019, 11:13 PM

4,229 posts, read 5,729,569 times

Advertisements

I'm very fair and my eyebrows are mostly blonde. I usually touch them up with brownish eyeshadow, using a thin angled brush. However, last night I bought Maybelline Tattoo Studio, a waterproof eyebrow gel that's supposed to last two days. I bought Soft Brown, but it's pretty severe for my coloring. It lasted overnight and some was even there after I took my shower...I had to rub pretty hard to get it off. I might try to get it in a lighter color.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2019, 11:34 PM

2,853 posts, read 4,479,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
I use Just for Men beard dye once a month. I mix up the stuff and use a disposable mascara wand to put it on the hairs. It will stain towels and can stain skin, but usually comes off skin after a day, and you can burn your eyes, so be very careful. But the beard dye is a cream, so it doesnít run. And it takes 8 minutes. A minute to mix and apply, 5 to set, a couple of minutes to tissue off and wash face.
This is what I do. I use Just for Men beard dye in Medium Brown. I mix it in a little glass dappen dish (equal parts dye and developer), stir with a q-tip, then apply to brows for 5 min. Wipe off, then rinse away any residual dye.

My hair is white/silver, and my brows are naturally the same. Sigh. I used to have dark brown hair.

Several months ago, I decided I wanted more thickness to my brows, so I had them microbladed. So between the dye and microblading, Iím finally very happy with my brows.

Old 03-14-2019, 09:10 AM

3,155 posts, read 1,363,018 times
After my ex called me "featureless", I got mine tattooed. It's been 12 years now and they are still fine. When the rogue gray one pops up, I can pluck it, but the brown tattoo covers it up pretty well. Permanent make-up was a life-saver for me, not being a huge make-up fan. (I'm fair, too: nothing to see here, folks)

Old 03-14-2019, 01:21 PM

8,870 posts, read 4,465,941 times
I would love to do microblading, but the healing process scares me. Apparently it's a couple weeks of scabbing and patchy color. No thanks.

https://browsandbody.com/microblading-healing-process/

Old 03-14-2019, 01:29 PM

20,138 posts, read 10,999,413 times
I use Wunderbrow. It says that it lasts up to 3 days, which I find to be true only if you don't shower and only carefully wash your face around it. There is residual left unless you use their cleanser, but it doesn't look the same as when you first put it on. However, it does last flawlessly for a full day the day you put it on.

https://www.wunder2.com/product/wund...nent-eyebrows/

I would also spring for the brush they sell separately, I think it makes a big difference in applying it

https://www.wunder2.com/product/dual-precision-brush

This product was recommended to me by a working actress in Hollywood in her 20s, and you can imagine how much she and her friends discuss make up! lol! So it's coming with a very good reputation.

Old 03-14-2019, 01:35 PM

8,269 posts, read 2,648,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
I'm 72 and my eyelashes are mostly gray with some darker ones scattered throughout- just like my hair.I was using a wonderful product which actually put color on the hairs in my eyebrows but it has been discontinued. I don't want to draw color on my skin because I will still have whiteish brows. Surely there is another product which colors my brows without looking like I drew on the skin. I've tried mascara but that hasn't worked Thank you.

Use masking tape and spray-paint them.

Old 03-14-2019, 01:40 PM

3,952 posts, read 10,295,504 times
My sister has fair/gray eyebrows. She uses an eyebrow pencil. The benefits are that she puts on the color a bit higher than her actual eyebrows. It gives her this great look of permanent "SURPRISE!" on her face.

Old 03-14-2019, 08:08 PM

110 posts, read 12,456 times
Oh, OP, I wish you luck! My brows are so bad (Iím 57) - I inherited the worst from everyone. I have thin nothing brows with (if I let them) 3Ē obnoxious monster hairs.

Being an artist (former), I used to be able to apply makeup and groom my brows with skill. I canít see well enough to do either anymore!

I canít see having powder blown or drawn on... if I could still see, Iíd be able to enhance my silly brow perhaps. Putting on eyeliner just makes me laugh. For some reason it doesnít stick anymore. I assume it has to do with chemical changes as I age.

My pet peeve is droopyness. No amount of contouring fixes droopy lids.

I guess Iíve given up.

Old 03-14-2019, 08:35 PM

11,734 posts, read 19,983,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kettlepot View Post
My sister has fair/gray eyebrows. She uses an eyebrow pencil. The benefits are that she puts on the color a bit higher than her actual eyebrows. It gives her this great look of permanent "SURPRISE!" on her face.

Thatís funny, but I have to say, when I use pencil I go over the top of the brow and not the bottom. It might be because I am so fair, but when I fill in and line the bottom it looks like a shadow and kind of saggy. I blend with a spoolie down into the brow and then brush into place.

Old 03-14-2019, 08:36 PM

16,359 posts, read 13,708,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
I'm 72 and my eyelashes are mostly gray with some darker ones scattered throughout- just like my hair.I was using a wonderful product which actually put color on the hairs in my eyebrows but it has been discontinued. I don't want to draw color on my skin because I will still have whiteish brows. Surely there is another product which colors my brows without looking like I drew on the skin. I've tried mascara but that hasn't worked Thank you.
Anastasia Brow Wonder. Its a creamy powder that you brush on to the brows with a tiny mascara like wand. But it is not mascara like at all. It is one of my favs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty