U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2019, 04:54 AM

14,428 posts, read 10,627,652 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formerly Known As Twenty View Post
A basic pedicure (with a foot and leg massage, sugar scrub, massage chair, water or tea, hot towels and regular polish) costs between twenty-five and thirty-five dollars before tipping here in southwestern Pennsylvania.

I have no idea what a manicure costs in this area.
What, no wine?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2019, 12:16 PM

9,181 posts, read 13,228,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
...where do you live?

I live in North Eastern OH. I kind of let myself go this winter, due to poor health, but I got my first mani-pedi for Spring on Tuesday. It cost $85.

Full disclosure, I get a gel manicure, (no extensions) and I opted for a spa pedicure, which is a bit more expensive than a regular pedi - but it includes a foot massage, lower leg and foot "masque" hot stone "therapy" and a neck and shoulder massage.

Mani-pedis are the only thing that is more expensive in NE Ohio than in Stony Brook-Setauket L.I. NY. Strange but true. I should check current prices though. I am going back almost a decade.

SO - How much where you live and does it include any extras?
Yes. NYC metro (including LI) actually has some of the cheapest mani/pedi prices. I read something about it and it has to do with how saturated NYC is with nail salons.

Anyway, yup. I can get a mani/pedi for $25, I live on Long Island, Nassau County (regular pedi and mani, just polish, not gel & no design). Paid $45 in Detroit and $65 in San Diego for various weddings I've attended

Old 04-01-2019, 02:41 PM

49 posts, read 11,775 times
If I travel five minutes in one direction I can get a basic manicure for ten dollars.
A full set for sixteen dollars. And a fill for twelve dollars.
(The cheap places use the drill or whatever)
If I travel five minutes in the opposite direction it's fifty dollars + and all filing is done manually.

Old 04-01-2019, 02:43 PM

18,514 posts, read 22,980,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
What, no wine?
Actually, ,y hairdresser offers wine or fruited water.

Old 04-01-2019, 04:23 PM

7,174 posts, read 4,572,257 times
From a basic nail salon, $25-35 for a pedi. If you're talking an upscale nail "boutique," $45+ for a pedi. When I lived in ATL proper and visited a nail boutique, I spent roughly $80+ for mani (gel)/pedi.

Old 04-03-2019, 09:31 AM

3,403 posts, read 1,309,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post
Yes. NYC metro (including LI) actually has some of the cheapest mani/pedi prices. I read something about it and it has to do with how saturated NYC is with nail salons.

Anyway, yup. I can get a mani/pedi for $25, I live on Long Island, Nassau County (regular pedi and mani, just polish, not gel & no design). Paid $45 in Detroit and $65 in San Diego for various weddings I've attended
Wow! I never realized how expensive Madi/Pedi's were everywhere. Usually, where I live things are more expensive.. Well, I will now not complain that every other store in my town is a nail salon, brings the price down due to competition! I pay 30 for a basic madi/pedi… includes leg massage for about one minute and a back massage for 3 minutes while drying... live in Westchester County, NY.

Old 04-03-2019, 05:55 PM

17,394 posts, read 20,700,744 times
Monday thru Wednesday $18.00. I don't do the manicure. I get a special pedicure that removes my callouses. That's $23.00 + $5.00 tip

Old 04-03-2019, 08:27 PM

8,927 posts, read 8,122,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kygman View Post
My wife gets hers for free. She keeps toe and finger nail clippers and emery boards close by and does it herself. She said she has a lot of other things she could use that money on. She also has never worn any make up for the same reason. Why hide under make up? You are who you are, according to her!
How exactly is this relevant to the topic? It's a Fashion & Beauty Forum. Maybe you would enjoy the welding forum more.

I pay $51 for a gel manicure and a pedicure every three weeks in Fort Lauderdale but I know prices vary a great deal.

Old 04-08-2019, 06:29 PM

38,952 posts, read 20,105,574 times
Quote:
My wife gets hers for free. She keeps toe and finger nail clippers and emery boards close by and does it herself. She said she has a lot of other things she could use that money on. She also has never worn any make up for the same reason. Why hide under make up? You are who you are, according to her!
I can always tell when someone does their own nails, alot of times it looks sloppy. Self nail care are never as clean, where when professionally done the nails are clean, perfectly shaped, the polish is not too thick, cuticles are cleaned up and no hangnails. I don't like spending the money either but professional manicure makes a big difference (and MUCH nicer).

Last edited by petch751; 04-08-2019 at 06:43 PM..

Old 04-08-2019, 06:40 PM

38,952 posts, read 20,105,574 times
Quote:
Oh and I forgot to mention the feet. Crusty dry heels is just gross! Foot care is important. Not taking care of your feet (crusty dry heels) look really bad and can lead to problems depending how bad the lack of care is, especially if there is diabetes in the mix.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty