U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2019, 10:07 AM

2,638 posts, read 2,349,584 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
The best makeup remover I've found is Elizabeth Arden's Cleansing Oil. It melts all makeup - even waterproof mascara - easily. Too many other makeup removers were either too harsh, or left behind eye makeup. Not this one, and it leaves your skin clean and soft.

Thanks for this. I bought some about a week after you posted this and I really like it. And it does gently cut thru the strong waterproof mascara I use. Not super fond of the smell of it but I do really like it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2019, 11:04 AM

9,776 posts, read 4,991,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
Clinique's Take The Day Off balm. I have never seen anything work like it to remove eyeliner, mascara, etc. It comes in a jar and lasts me quite a while since I don't do a full make-up except 2 or 3 days a week. I also don't care for the micellar water, it doesn't remove mascara very well and I don't wear waterproof mascara either.
I love love love this product! I just wish it weren't so expensive. Every time I finish a jar, I resolve to switch to something more affordable (like the Garnier micellar), but I always end up going back to the Take the Day Off Balm.

Old 06-23-2019, 02:52 PM

141 posts, read 28,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
...What's the best makeup remover?
I love hemp seed oil for my entire face, including waterproof mascara. It's also non-clogging, rated at 0.

Old 06-25-2019, 08:41 AM

21,634 posts, read 30,236,585 times
I've tried several high end makeup remover balms and the best one is Pond's makeup remover balm. It's new and does a better job than the expensive ones. Even removed eye makeup better than anything I've tried.

Old 06-25-2019, 11:35 AM

7,752 posts, read 14,408,759 times
Koh Gen Do Cleansing Spa Water
Or
Bioderma Sensibio H2O

Old 06-28-2019, 09:07 PM

18,633 posts, read 23,219,501 times
I've been using Manic Panic Dream Remover for years. It does the job and then some. At $10.50.

For those of us who care, it is cruelty free, and vegan. It's a good product sold by an ethical, women owned business.

Old 06-30-2019, 07:15 AM

788 posts, read 726,921 times
Iím loving the Clinique Take the Day Off line. I used the lid, Lash and lip wash and let me tell you, that stuff works in one swipe. No tugging, pulling, burning or leftover makeup on the eye. Iím very impressed with this product. Iíve used plenty of eye makeup removers and wipes and hated all of them. Burning eyes, lost lashes and still black makeup on my rag after following up with cleanser. Ugh.

I also use the TTDO cleansing oil which is pretty good.

I have to also second the DHC cleansing oil. Itís thicker than the Clinique oil and does the job nicely.

Old 06-30-2019, 10:28 AM

27,164 posts, read 29,645,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
Now that I'm in my 40s and occasionally appearing in videos for my company, I am playing around with makeup. I do not have a very steady hand and the skin on my eyelids has gotten a bit "crepe-y" (shudder), so doing things like eyeliner is HARD. I don't have the muscle memory of how to do it because I never wore makeup when younger. I have some liquid eyeliner, but I'm having a heck of a time when I mess up because it just WON'T COME OFF.

I end up looking like an aging goth for the next few days.

A friend told me to use micellar wipes, but those aren't doing the trick. What's the best makeup remover?
I like micellar water combined with a reusable makeup removing pad. I leave it resting on my eye for 20 seconds or so. I also double cleanse with an oil and normal cleanser.

Micellar water and regular cleanser usually do the trick. But oil cleansing can dissolve anything stubborn, so I may use all 3.

I love these pads, they work really well to cut down time and effort to remove stuff. https://www.amazon.com/Sinland-Micro.../dp/B07CPM944X
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty