U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2019, 02:21 PM

9,190 posts, read 8,287,258 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nj21 View Post
What is a reasonable price for microblading? I'm looking in the NYC area and a well-known place here charges between $1,500 & 2,000. Is that reasonable?

I'm taking the plunge and getting them done once I have my baby.
Here it is all over the place.

The good artists can charge up to $3000.

I'd be average is around $750.

Two and a half months in and I really love them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2019, 02:55 PM

9,780 posts, read 5,000,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post

What was your healing experience? Did you have a week or two of having to go out with patchy scabby brows? The thought of that is what's holding me back.

Old 07-02-2019, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
What was your healing experience? Did you have a week or two of having to go out with patchy scabby brows? The thought of that is what's holding me back.
No, it was more like a couple of days. It was quick.

Old 07-02-2019, 04:45 PM

18,642 posts, read 23,230,355 times
Quote:
So I took the plunge and got my eyebrows microbladed almost two weeks ago.

For those of you who don't know, it is basically a subtle eyebrow tattoo.

I'm obsessed!! I LOVE the results.

I spend time on boats and the beach and at my age, my eyebrows were pale and barely showed up.

The microblading opens up my entire face! Even my husband loves it.

At least here in South Florida, it is on the expensive side but I'd pay it all over again.

Should last about two years or so.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...-eyebrows.html

I was just about to post about my eyebrows becoming even thinner and lighter. One of my brows has gone half white. I don't like wearing eye makeup every day.

My face looks bland and naked. I am bad at drawing them on.

I'm terrible at "drawing on eyebrows". They look fake. The mascara like applicators look gloppy and bad.

This just might be the answer for me!

How does it differ from a tattoo? Why does it wear off?

Old 07-02-2019, 07:12 PM

5,127 posts, read 2,317,406 times
So, basically, it's making small cuts in the skin and applying ink rather than injecting the ink with a needle? Just like certain African tribes used to do it?

All righty then.

All I can say is, I hope you don't find out you're prone to keloid scars AFTER you have this done.

Old 07-02-2019, 07:35 PM

1,045 posts, read 958,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
I was just about to post about my eyebrows becoming even thinner and lighter. One of my brows has gone half white. I don't like wearing eye makeup every day.

My face looks bland and naked. I am bad at drawing them on.

I'm terrible at "drawing on eyebrows". They look fake. The mascara like applicators look gloppy and bad.

This just might be the answer for me!

How does it differ from a tattoo? Why does it wear off?
We use the same type pigments, with there being MANY brands today and many got UNtested.
ANY time you 'cut' the skin you have the potential to keloid, so make pretty darn sure you don't have keloids and go get your brows or eyes lined.
Bottom line is: There are ALL KINDS of people doing these procedures out there today! BA-zillions and many of them tout they are certified when they are not. SO, do your homework and check each one out 7 ways to Sunday or you could end up with some horrendously BOTCHED brows. The USA has two Professional Associations that certify good microbladers.

https://ama.academy/

https://www.spcp.org/information-for...certification/

Both of these have been around 10+ years and have parts of their website where you can find a technician in your state to go to. Also, I'd make sure the person has an Estethicans or RNs license, in addition to the certifications. IT'S YOUR FACE! Before going to one of them Google "microblading mishaps" and take a look at what you could end up with! Don't get cheap on your face. I never charged anyone $3000 for any procedure but there are so many foreigners coming to the USA now who are supposed 'trained experts' that I just retired and said NO MORE!

DO your HOMEWORK! IF someone says they have the certifications CALL the Certifying body and make sure!

Old 07-02-2019, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooksmom View Post
We use the same type pigments, with there being MANY brands today and many got UNtested.
ANY time you 'cut' the skin you have the potential to keloid, so make pretty darn sure you don't have keloids and go get your brows or eyes lined.
Bottom line is: There are ALL KINDS of people doing these procedures out there today! BA-zillions and many of them tout they are certified when they are not. SO, do your homework and check each one out 7 ways to Sunday or you could end up with some horrendously BOTCHED brows. The USA has two Professional Associations that certify good microbladers.

https://ama.academy/

https://www.spcp.org/information-for...certification/

Both of these have been around 10+ years and have parts of their website where you can find a technician in your state to go to. Also, I'd make sure the person has an Estethicans or RNs license, in addition to the certifications. IT'S YOUR FACE! Before going to one of them Google "microblading mishaps" and take a look at what you could end up with! Don't get cheap on your face. I never charged anyone $3000 for any procedure but there are so many foreigners coming to the USA now who are supposed 'trained experts' that I just retired and said NO MORE!

DO your HOMEWORK! IF someone says they have the certifications CALL the Certifying body and make sure!

I have a tattoo and I do not have a keloid scar. In Ohio, is seems that microblading falls under the tattoo license category. Not the same as a medical professional or an estehtition.

Old 07-02-2019, 08:03 PM

I think you'd have to be pretty stupid to not do your homework with something like this.

I spent HOURS and days stalking different artists Instagram accounts. All good ones post constantly.

Old 07-02-2019, 09:06 PM

25,972 posts, read 32,978,177 times
Quote:

Way too pricey for me. My eyebrow pencil works just fine.

Old 07-04-2019, 10:03 PM

Quote:
I think you'd have to be pretty stupid to not do your homework with something like this.

I spent HOURS and days stalking different artists Instagram accounts. All good ones post constantly.

I agree. I think conducting due diligence before doing ANYTHING to your body, is a no brainer. I mean - who WOULDN'T?

The problem appears to be that there are several associations, and no standard of education or training. It appears that people can become "certified" after taking a week long class.

In my state, Ohio, it's regulated under the same entity that regulates tattooing. That's fine. It sort of is a "shallow tattoo".

However, tattoo artists train for a MUCH longer period of time. Which is a little scary.

If you have a bad tattoo, you can always have that corrected. This is your FACE. There is really no room for error.

I am more enclined to see someone who is an esthetition, or has a nursing background. However, while these can insure sterile procedure, artistry is another matter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty