Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2019, 05:14 AM

83 posts, read 57,728 times

Advertisements

I am 33 and while I obviously have seen it, at the same time it seems as if women with lipstick is far less prominent. Not complaining or saying women need to by any means, just an observation. My fiance is Gen X and she along with other women in her age group wear it, but not so much in my own age group.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 04-21-2019 at 02:47 PM.. Reason: Merged 2 threads; duplicate topics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2019, 06:34 AM

16,420 posts, read 12,507,028 times
Younger generations still use lipstick, but not to the degree of importance as it was decades ago. In my mother's and grandmother's generations, it was considered inappropriate to be seen out of the house without lipstick. That's certainly no longer the case.

Old 03-06-2019, 08:33 AM

15,218 posts, read 10,312,234 times
I've also noticed that younger women (under 35 or so) don't wear lipstick very much. My niece is 31 and rarely wears it. There seems to be a lot more interest in eye make-up and the whole contouring thing thanks to people like Kim K.

Old 03-06-2019, 08:39 AM

27,074 posts, read 11,855,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
I've also noticed that younger women (under 35 or so) don't wear lipstick very much. My niece is 31 and rarely wears it. There seems to be a lot more interest in eye make-up and the whole contouring thing thanks to people like Kim K.
Yes, the nude lip seems popular to focus on smoky eye or whatever.

Since I let my hair turn white, (still partly dark brown) I found I need color near my face to avoid looking really washed out...so it's either a colorful scarf of bright lipstick or both. Plus, just one swipe of a colorful lipstick can make anyone seem put together.

Old 03-06-2019, 09:31 AM

16,070 posts, read 21,144,062 times
If that's a trend I'm happy to see it. I have never been fond of lipstick, it feels weird and can dry your lips, it tastes bad if you run your tongue over your lips, and it can make a mess leaving traces of lipstick behind on whatever it touches. I rarely wear any and it would be nice to not have to hear so many comments about how I should put some lipstick on.

Old 03-06-2019, 09:58 AM

27,074 posts, read 11,855,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
If that's a trend I'm happy to see it. I have never been fond of lipstick, it feels weird and can dry your lips, it tastes bad if you run your tongue over your lips, and it can make a mess leaving traces of lipstick behind on whatever it touches. I rarely wear any and it would be nice to not have to hear so many comments about how I should put some lipstick on.

LOL....they make matte lipsticks that stay on all day, no smears etc.

You don't have to wear lipstick, of course!

Maybe a tinted lip gloss or Chapstick if you want a little color...they make a cherry Chapstick.

Old 03-06-2019, 10:06 AM

4,488 posts, read 1,642,981 times
It’s disgusting to find lipstick stains on a cup or glass at a restaurant, which makes me wonder how well they’re actually cleaning their dishes and utensils.

Old 03-06-2019, 10:09 AM

16,070 posts, read 21,144,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
LOL....they make matte lipsticks that stay on all day, no smears etc.

You don't have to wear lipstick, of course!

Maybe a tinted lip gloss or Chapstick if you want a little color...they make a cherry Chapstick.
I've had a lot of women tell me that the all day mattes are very drying and require a primer before applying. I hate the way chapstick feels on my lips, so sticky and waxy. I think I'm just not made for putting stuff on my lips.

Old 03-06-2019, 10:45 AM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,705 posts, read 58,042,598 times
When I discovered lipstick is made from waste cooking fryer oil... I kinda lost my taste for it...

(Having cleaned out enough nasty smelling grease traps to last my lifetime)

Old 03-06-2019, 10:50 AM

447 posts, read 208,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post

As my mother used to say about those who felt the need to comment on her appearance "you know where you can stick that."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty