Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2019, 08:28 PM

7,326 posts, read 12,327,602 times

Advertisements

https://abc6onyourside.com/news/offb...ming-to-target

I wonder if these will be the same quality as the standard Vineyard Vines collection. Prices will be much lower. Target does seem like an odd choice for a retailer; I would think Kohl's would make more sense if they want to offer products at a lower price.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2019, 09:05 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,396,188 times
VV has officially jumped the shark!

ETA, just found out my husband manufactured some of the housewares. LOL

Old 05-01-2019, 09:28 PM

26,656 posts, read 28,659,091 times
Good bye, VV. They must be in trouble if they're downgrading to Target. This will only serve to cheapen their brand and the rich yacht types won't want to be caught dead wearing VV from now on.

Old 05-01-2019, 09:41 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,011,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
Good bye, VV. They must be in trouble if they're downgrading to Target. This will only serve to cheapen their brand and the rich yacht types won't want to be caught dead wearing VV from now on.
Have these collaborations ever hurt any of the others brands that have partnered with Target? Usually they seem to be a big success, with some selling out within hours of stores opening.

Old 05-01-2019, 09:46 PM

26,656 posts, read 28,659,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Have these collaborations ever hurt any of the others brands that have partnered with Target? Usually they seem to be a big success, with some selling out within hours of stores opening.
Others that have done it are a big hit. But VV has tried to brand itself as elitist, something a yacht owner or wanna be would wear. They have a shop on the Vineyard and keep things expensive enough that "ordinary" people cannot usually afford them. It's snob appeal and that's what they will sacrifice by selling a lower quality version in Target. But, yes, the Target brand will probably do great.

Old 05-01-2019, 10:15 PM

11 posts, read 5,680 times
Vineyard Vines was never going to last anyhow.
It was too generic and unoriginal looking.

As far as whether it will be the same quality or not at target, sure why not?
It's not super high quality in the first place.

Old 05-01-2019, 10:19 PM

11 posts, read 5,680 times
Quote:
Yes Lilly Pulitzer sold out in hours.
So that was great for target but I don't think it's done anything to help Lilly Pulitzer.
I actually think it hurt lilly.
Because now it's the brand that was at target and that cheapens it to people.

Old 05-02-2019, 12:27 AM

6,146 posts, read 4,504,012 times
I guess not enough one percenters are buying cheesy ties, so they have to market to the rest of us. I have no doubt that whatever you think of their quality, they'll find a way to come in below it.

Old 05-02-2019, 12:47 AM

1,516 posts, read 1,247,853 times
People are still into the 'preppy' look?

Old 05-02-2019, 07:57 AM

13,707 posts, read 12,418,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
Quote:
Hunter Boots? Missoni? I can't think of any others.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BootsSST View Post
Yes Lilly Pulitzer sold out in hours.
So that was great for target but I don't think it's done anything to help Lilly Pulitzer.
I actually think it hurt lilly.
Because now it's the brand that was at target and that cheapens it to people.
I don't think so. Lilly is still a big thing, at least in the South. They still have a very short sale, twice a year, and their website still crashes when they do it.

If you think its about price, or even the venue, you're wrong. Its about creating a frenzy, and driving demand. "You can get it here, for less, but you better act fast!"

Let me put it this way. You will rarely ever see a Burberry raincoat at Nordstrom Rack. That's because Burberry doesn't allow it; they'll take it back and burn it rather than have it made available to the Hoi Palloi at a discount, because it implies that it didn't do well where it was supposed to.

Whereas a VV or Lilly line at Target is a hyped up event, with a limited run of production.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty