U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2019, 01:22 PM

2,719 posts, read 916,240 times

Advertisements

I'm a little confused about whether skin products for being out in hot weather are useful and actually protective, or if they actually cause problems. Seems like there was this notion going around that some of the products cause skin problems.

What skin products for an active 68 year old women would you recommend, in and out of cars, buildings, airport, some outdoor activities (riding, swimming)? I normally don't wear a lot of makeup: moisturizer, face piwder, lipstick and gloss, eye shadow. And separate products for hands, neck?

Your recommendations appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2019, 03:01 PM

239 posts, read 167,641 times
I have been wearing the Cotz Flawless Complexion SPF 50 for a few years now. This brand is known for being one of the lowest in toxic chemicals and yet very effective. It goes on light and doesn't feel heavy or greasy even in humidity. I use it on my neck and hands as well. It is also fragrance free.

Since you mentioned swimming, Cotz is also reef safe and does not test on animals. (these are important to me)

I don't seem to have any skin problems with it and I use vitamin C serum and my sun spots have been fading.

Old 05-03-2019, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquirrelKate View Post
I have been wearing the Cotz Flawless Complexion SPF 50 for a few years now. This brand is known for being one of the lowest in toxic chemicals and yet very effective. It goes on light and doesn't feel heavy or greasy even in humidity. I use it on my neck and hands as well. It is also fragrance free.

Since you mentioned swimming, Cotz is also reef safe and does not test on animals. (these are important to me)

I don't seem to have any skin problems with it and I use vitamin C serum and my sun spots have been fading.
Thanks! I think I found it on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...KIKX0DER&psc=1

Is this a sunscreen or a moisturizer, or both?

Not testing on animals is important to me, too!

Old 05-03-2019, 03:45 PM

239 posts, read 167,641 times
It is a sunscreen foremost, but I do find it to be moisturizing as well. I hope it works for you!

Old 05-03-2019, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquirrelKate View Post
It is a sunscreen foremost, but I do find it to be moisturizing as well. I hope it works for you!
Yes, that looks like a great product. Thank you so much; I would never have found that on my own.

Old 05-11-2019, 07:03 AM

11,889 posts, read 16,619,617 times
I use Clinique Pep Start SPF 50+ most days - it's light, moisturizing, and has a mild blurring effect.

I also LOVE Australian Gold's tinted sunscreen because it replaces any need for foundation (which I don't regularly wear) but prefer not to wear it when I'm active because it can smear a bit off my nose onto on my glasses and sunglasses. Great for wear to work!

Old 05-15-2019, 03:14 PM

28 posts, read 3,676 times
I like Cotz for sensitive skin because other products make my eyes sting. It goes on a bit greasy but after a while, is absorbed into the skin. It was highly recommended by my dematologist in AZ. Cotz also makes a lip balm, both of which are sold on Amazon.

Old 05-20-2019, 04:32 PM

51 posts, read 5,743 times
Sun does not penetrate through IT cosmetics cc cream.
I don't like the stuff because it makes my skin feel weird but it blocks the sun like zinc.
I had it on my face while floating in a pool between the hours of 11am- 4pm on a hot sunny July day in Florida. I also swam under water at times throughout the day.
I reapplied my brand name spf 30 sunscreen to my body about five times that day.
I didn't reapply the cc cream to my face or put any additional sunscreen on it because I wanted some color on my face.
By four a clock I regretted my choice and thought my face was probably going to be burnt.
But my face remained white, like it was never in the sun at all, and the rest of my body got lightly tanned.
So the IT cc cream blocked the sun all day.
Name brand lotion protected from burning but not from getting tan lines even though it was reapplied every forty five minutes.
I was disappointed that my face was still white as a ghost that day because I wanted some color on it.
But I'm very glad that happened because now I know that the spf in that product really works.
I just wish that IT would make body lotion with spf in it for days I want to completely block the sun and avoid getting tan lines.

Last edited by DCST; 05-20-2019 at 04:44 PM..

Old Today, 08:40 PM

8,951 posts, read 8,122,476 times
I've been using Supergoop and Beauty Counter and love them both.

Just make sure you avoid oxybenzone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty