Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2019, 09:22 AM

29,509 posts, read 22,627,074 times

Advertisements

Such a small pool of people doesn't prove anything. I'd say that many people would prefer someone with a full head of hair and not bald/balding.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/bald...eojMRkA0ROYchU

Quote:
There's one catch though-bald spots don't apply here. Men only seem more attractive, intelligent, and successful if they are completely hairless, whereas men with bald spots or patterned baldness tended to be seen as weaker and less attractive. So the next time your man debates his next hairstyle, you might want to suggest he break out the razor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2019, 09:31 AM

880 posts, read 531,395 times
completely bald or full head of hair. No in between.

Old 05-20-2019, 04:13 PM

48 posts, read 25,426 times
How many bald men have been elected president?
How come the early presidents etcetera wore powdered wigs?
If men looked smarter being bald women would swoon for them and men wouldn't be obsessed with trying to keep their hair.

Old 05-20-2019, 04:17 PM

4,213 posts, read 6,901,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Such a small pool of people doesn't prove anything. I'd say that many people would prefer someone with a full head of hair and not bald/balding.

to be honest, this topic has been talked about ad nauseam on this forum. Anyway, I'm not sure what the point was with this post? On an individual basis, something like this is always going to be subjective either way. So yes, I'm sure lots of people prefer someone with a head of hair. Does that negate this article and the referenced research? Not really. An individuals preference can always vary from what a research topic generalizing things may find.

It's not really important research either way.

I started losing my hair when I was in my 20s and just shaved it. Sure at the time I wasn't happy about losing it and wasn't sure how I'd look shaved. Afterward? No regrets and I actually preferred the look on myself almost immediately. Do people think I'm more intelligent, masculine, and successful because of it? Who knows. But it doesn't really bother me either way. I will say I never had any problem dating when I was single with a shaved head. But, like most other things, I'm sure that had more to do with confidence than whether someone liked guys with shaved heads. /shrug

Old 05-20-2019, 04:38 PM

19,014 posts, read 27,569,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCST View Post

How many presidents were Intelligent, Successful, and Masculine?

Old 05-20-2019, 04:52 PM

4,213 posts, read 6,901,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCST View Post
How come the early presidents etcetera wore powdered wigs?
If men looked smarter being bald women would swoon for them and men wouldn't be obsessed with trying to keep their hair.
You're making something black and white that is a bit more grey.

The guys who are fine just shaving it off and going about their life may be guys who already have high confidence and/or feel they have other more important things defining their life than a hairline they have no control over. If you're confident in yourself and have other things to offer other than looks, you won't have to worry about what some women swoon for or what people expect intelligence or leadership to look like. You'll get yours regardless. Also, there is plenty of proof in the world that lots of women find bald men attractive or even prefer it. If you're single and bald and someone doesn't want to date you because you're bald, move on! Plenty of other woman out there for you.

The ones who become obsessed trying to keep their hair may end up falling into the caveat paragraph:

Quote:
There's one catch though-bald spots don't apply here. Men only seem more attractive, intelligent, and successful if they are completely hairless, whereas men with bald spots or patterned baldness tended to be seen as weaker and less attractive. So the next time your man debates his next hairstyle, you might want to suggest he break out the razor.

Old 05-20-2019, 04:59 PM

11,495 posts, read 26,861,727 times
When my husband's hairline started to recede, I convinced him to shave his head. He was nervous at first, but now he says it's comfortable and makes him feel more confident. He also got to buy a safety razor, shaving oil, and various creams and lotions, which he seems to enjoy.

Old 05-20-2019, 05:02 PM

7,800 posts, read 4,397,746 times
Not true! It has been shown the man with the full head of hair, hairy chest and hairy back has it all in the intelligence department not to mention sex appeal.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/t...e-1328285.html

Old 05-20-2019, 05:31 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,816,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post

Actually, that's NOT what "science" says. That's what people in the study thought about--how they VIEWED--bald men.

So if you have empirical evidence to support your thread title (and the article title), that bald men ARE more intelligent, successful, and masculine, feel free to post it here.

Old 05-20-2019, 06:03 PM

48 posts, read 25,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
How many presidents were Intelligent, Successful, and Masculine?
Which ones are you saying weren't?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty