U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2019, 09:36 AM

265 posts, read 106,078 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
I am a proud wearer of Keens. These are good, solid shoes with moderate support. DH likes the open sandals very well. The sandal covers the toes, but allows the foot to be cool.

The OP needs to try shoes on and see what works for him. And he should not be afraid to pay for comfort, IMO.

But apparently he is worries about what women will think of him in sandals.
I will admit that I do. Surprisingly most women I've asked say they like the flip flops on me. Not so sure about sandals, there are so many different types.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2019, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpollen View Post
It depends on your style and what people you associate with value or appreciate. If you're a down-home kinda guy who likes to grill burgers with a friend while wearing your old jeans and t-shirt, and none of your friends or you ever looks at what brand of clothing to buy, and/or you buy "whatever" if it doesn't cost much...then Birkenstocks would be a waste of money for you.
That's me. I think I would buy the knock offs (like the ones posted above) if I were to buy them.

Quote:
I think most people don't look good in sandals, anyway. Feet are not very attractive. They are strictly for the beach or around the house, IMO.
Surprisingly, women I've asked say they like leather flip flops but they don't seem too keen (no pun intended) on other sandals.

Quote:
What I've seen men wear, when they are wearing shorts, is pair of plain tennis shoes (or something like that), w/o socks. Casual tennies, not ones with thick soles like running shoes. But brown or tan sandals would be fine, too.

Birkenstocks are overpriced, IMO.
I normally go gym shoes if not wearing flip flops, but always wear them with socks.

Old 06-04-2019, 10:29 AM

34 posts, read 12,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgm4256 View Post
I'm trying to get to that point. Not the wedge shoes lol but flip flops or sandals. I have leather flip flops that I like but they are often not practical. Thought I would try some other types of sandals.

Flip flops can be limiting when you're talking an active lifestyle. What other types of sandals do you think can work on a guy? I was thinking about getting these:
In addition to being activity-limiting, Im not a particularly big fan of the flip-flops doing just as they are named. That is why I have the selection of various more secure fitting but still open toe or sandal shoes. I do have among my collection one pair similar to, if not the same as your photo. They are Tevas, they fit well, are comfortable, and are satisfactorily secure for most of the things I do. I believe the model being discussed was originally developed for river guides.

Old 06-04-2019, 11:41 AM

9,067 posts, read 8,215,349 times
NO!!

Flip Flops=Yes

Mandals=NO!!!!!!!

Old 06-04-2019, 03:10 PM

21,565 posts, read 14,180,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgm4256 View Post
LOL

I will admit that this is one reason keeping me from wearing them, I wouldn't say I'm the hippy type.
Birkenstocks are comfortable shoes. Try on a pair to see if they fit your feet, and if they are comfortable for them. Then make your decision.

You are attaching too much attention to how you feel you will be perceived by others. You are surely old enough to make your own decisions about what casual shoe to put on your feet.

Old 06-04-2019, 06:25 PM

3,165 posts, read 1,198,275 times
from the first:
"She said they look better..."
so...LOOKS are the first consideration,
and LOOKS are not Birkenstock's best feature.

Old 06-04-2019, 08:39 PM

5,641 posts, read 8,627,544 times
GQ’s 2019 top mandal list...

https://www.gq.com/gallery/summer-re...ually-pull-off

I can’t say I really like many of the sandals on this list.

Old 06-04-2019, 08:45 PM

5,267 posts, read 2,278,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
NO!!

Flip Flops=Yes

Mandals=NO!!!!!!!
Lol. This.

Shudder.

Old 06-04-2019, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
NO!!

Flip Flops=Yes

Mandals=NO!!!!!!!
I always thought it was the other way around (if a guy is to wear open shoes) but most women I've asked agree with you. I stand corrected.

Old 06-04-2019, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCUBS1 View Post
GQs 2019 top mandal list...

https://www.gq.com/gallery/summer-re...ually-pull-off

I cant say I really like many of the sandals on this list.
Yes most of them are hideous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or