U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2019, 08:38 AM

3,604 posts, read 1,615,096 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pretty but odd View Post
Most people don't have an entree into a beautiful life. They grew up on the wrong side of town, they lack intelligence, had bad parents, or just bad luck. They will never fulfil their dreams and possible potential.

Me, on the other hand, were given a gift. Extreme physical beauty. It has opened up so many doors for me. It has given me opportunities that few women can dream of. Access to jobs, people, places and things. If only my personality was more normal, I would be in heaven.

You will never achieve that beautiful place in life that comes with having a personality and the understanding of what a beautiful life really means.

Old 06-06-2019, 08:42 AM

504 posts, read 170,751 times
Quote:
Me, on the other hand, were given a gift. Extreme physical beauty. It has opened up so many doors for me. It has given me opportunities that few women can dream of. Access to jobs, people, places and things. If only my personality was more normal, I would be in heaven.
There are lots of abnormal people who make it big doing what they're extremely good at. I'm thinking you are nowhere near as beautiful as you think you are, or you would have magically been plunked into a modeling, showgirl, promoter type position where all you have to do is stand there and look pretty. Or heck, even a sugar daddy who only wants a trophy. If your looks aren't enough to overcome your "personality", then you do not have the gift of which you speak.

Old 06-06-2019, 08:50 AM

12,018 posts, read 6,622,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I once knew a woman because she married our lawyer, who was not dumb, but no rocket scientist. Her mother told her to ďuse the gifts she was givenĒ and not to feel guilty about it, and she did.

She was drop dead beautiful, I mean Michelle Pfeiffer beautiful, and had only a high school education, but she was well spoken, and talked herself into a succession of good jobs. Once she snagged our lawyer, who Iím sure she loved while it lasted, she got chunk of money from a former job that allowed them to buy a venerable house in the most upscale end of town.

The thing about her was, she was incapable of being content. She was never at the finish line. Every accomplishment was just a jumping off point for the next thing. Eventually, they divorced. I think the husband just became too weary of her next thing, and next thing. My point is, even though she seemingly had everything, it was never enough.
I don't quite understand, the next thing. It sounds like she was just living her way? Some people get bored with one road and prefer to do different things, especially if they can afford to. What happens at the finish line is, it's over.

Old 06-06-2019, 09:29 AM

5,641 posts, read 8,627,544 times
OP, beauty will just open a few doors... Beautiful women are a dime a dozen, especially in the era of plastic surgery, good makeup/hair product, Instagram filters, and physical self-improvements.

Now beauty, grace, character, intelligence, wit, charm, humor, self-confidence, interpersonal skills, goal setting, study, experience, work ethic, risk-taking, acumen, humility, etc. - that is what will get you a lot farther in life.

Beauty may set you upon the road, but you still need to do all the work. There are beautiful women all over the place... I have been told Iím beautiful (so what? so have many others and beauty is in the eye of the beholder). And I have been surrounded by beautiful people my entire life - itís really nothing all that special. Maybe youíre perceived as odd because you put so much importance on looks, and not other more important aspects of a person in the workplace?

Old 06-06-2019, 09:43 AM

15,894 posts, read 12,699,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
Beauty gets you nowhere in life.

Your post screams of narcism and I also think a twelve year old boy wrote it but I'll play.

Yes, I have grown up my entire life as very attractive. I have dated professional athletes and celebrities in my day.

Never once have I relied on my looks except for the time I used it to lure my husband into my clutches.

That said, I've always relied on my 145 IQ to get me through life.
Really?? In my 20s I have been hired often times because of my looks, not because of my (unimpressive) resume or (average) IQ. I have had many doors opened to me others had to work hard for. I had many opportunities to get a sugar daddy. I wasn't super pretty but just enough to get hired by old horny guys who liked to have me around. I had low self esteem, so I was not aware of my power but I realize it now looking back. I could have reached way more in life if I would have been smarter and use it.

Do you think Brad Pitt is so successful because of his IQ?

Old 06-06-2019, 09:58 AM

Quote:
My extreme physical beauty and sex appeal gets me in the door and helps me keep my job. If I were fat and middle-aged, my odd personality would be too offensive and I would be fired. Because I am pretty, young, thin and sexy, they keep me around and I have been promoted a few times in spite of my personality.
Use it while you can. Once you get older, it will slowly disappear and you have to rely on your personality to get things and jobs. If you personality sucks (which seems to be the case), you have nothing to fall back to once beauty fades.
Make sure at that time you are set enough to be able to afford being an ugly old biatch like everyone else.

Old 06-06-2019, 10:29 AM

2,677 posts, read 1,057,038 times
Quote:
I read that the most successful people exploit their greatest asset. As a woman in my late 20s who have been called pretty, beautiful, model-like and gorgeous by both men and women, I know that I am quite attractive physically.

Being beautiful has been my identity for most of my life. My mother used to tell me that when I was young, family friends and relatives would always comment about how pretty I was. I got lots of comments and positive reinforcement growing up because of my beauty. It gave self-confidence and made my sex life much better because I was confident about my sex appeal and body. My beauty opened up lots of doors socially and professionally.

Because I want to keep my beauty and self-confidence for as many years as possible, I spend a lot of money and time on my physical fitness, hair, makeup and skin treatments. I follow the lateness styles and how to use makeup to my advantage. It seems to work because people still keep talking about my beauty.

Now, if only people liked my personality! (See my other posts)

I find out now that I was beautiful in my youth but I certainly did not know it and did not think I was so I was very self-conscious which I think is typical for young women.
I think you are doing all the fun things that come with confidence. Definitely enjoy your beauty and take special care of your skin early on in life but I caution you about using beauty as your identity. It will be a shock to you when your looks go downhill as nature imposes upon us. When you reach 40(?) you start to become invisible and your sex appeal wanes significantly, hard pill to swallow believe me.

Old 06-06-2019, 10:32 AM

12,018 posts, read 6,622,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
Really?? In my 20s I have been hired often times because of my looks, not because of my (unimpressive) resume or (average) IQ. I have had many doors opened to me others had to work hard for. I had many opportunities to get a sugar daddy. I wasn't super pretty but just enough to get hired by old horny guys who liked to have me around. I had low self esteem, so I was not aware of my power but I realize it now looking back. I could have reached way more in life if I would have been smarter and use it.

Do you think Brad Pitt is so successful because of his IQ?
You don't have to have low self esteem to be unaware of this dynamic. I was told I was chosen over other candidates with more impressive resumes because of my interview skills and specific knowledge. In one case the supervisor pushed for me to be hired because he thought I was cute, but I didn't know that until later. Men in the workplace were much nicer to me back then but it didn't get me promotions or pay increases, I also experienced quite a bit of sexual harassment, particularly in my first years of employment.

Old 06-06-2019, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
You don't have to have low self esteem to be unaware of this dynamic. I was told I was chosen over other candidates with more impressive resumes because of my interview skills and specific knowledge. In one case the supervisor pushed for me to be hired because he thought I was cute, but I didn't know that until later. Men in the workplace were much nicer to me back then but it didn't get me promotions or pay increases, I also experienced quite a bit of sexual harassment, particularly in my first years of employment.
I never got promoted or pay increases either for looks but sexual harassment instead. I just got enough beauty for the foot in the door and getting sleazy comments. But if I was smarter and more manipulative, I could have used it to get much further - I was not aware of my power and not the stunning pretty kind that makes guys crazy.

I got laid off by a large corporation last year after 7 years - had a new manager. He was hot and all but married - sent me explicit messages. I did not respond. He first demoted me and then laid me off.

Old 06-06-2019, 01:48 PM

2,042 posts, read 1,132,613 times
Quote:
If you are talking about a young woman who is simply pretty, you are likely right. But if she is just plain gorgeous, sexy, and one in a thousand with the confidence that comes from all the attention and admiration that comes from the beauty, the world is handed to them on a silver platter.

Take a look at AOC (Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez ). She is not the most beautiful woman in the world but many people find her quite attractive. Her picture is on the Internet on news and entertainment sites every day. Why? She is no genius and she says lots of silly things, but her beauty and youth give her a pass. People like to look at her! If she was a 200 pound 45-year-old plain looking woman no one would pay attention to her. In the office, I have seen lots of beautiful women given the matter of the doubt and moved ahead because people want to be around beauty.
AOC is beautiful? Who knew? She gets attention because she says and does outrageous things. Most people are laughing at her, not with her.

Mod cut.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 06-07-2019 at 11:02 AM.. Reason: Off-topic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or