U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2019, 03:52 AM

5,744 posts, read 4,161,305 times

Advertisements

I hope some women who are in their 40's and 50's chip in here to say they have been shaving their faces since they were in their 20's. I'm wondering if they regret starting shaving? The reason I ask is that I am just afraid for all of you younger women that shave your faces, that as you age the peach fuzz will get more coarse and you'll end up with stubble like men do.

Think it can't/doesn't happen? My brother married a woman when she was in her 50's, so I don't know what her facial hair was like when she was younger. She had a rather large round face and when she hugged our family upon arrival at family events, my boys used to laugh and make jokes afterwards about getting whisker burns. It was certainly true. Her face felt exactly like going cheek to cheek with a man. Just be careful that shaving that peach fuzz doesn't come back to bite you in the ass.

I use a facial hair removal product to get rid of the hair around my mouth. It happens when you age, along with the long hairs that sprout along your chin line.

On the other hand, the rate and amount of growth of hair on my legs has slowed right down. I hardly have to shave my legs any more... maybe 5 times/ summer. It is the same with my eyebrows. There is less and less hair to pluck and for some strange reason, it doesn't hurt like it used to lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2019, 06:29 AM

37,090 posts, read 45,584,713 times
I have to wax my upper lip and shave my chin hairs. I’d do the laser thing, but it only works on dark hair, and mine is light.

It one of my greatest fears that I’ll get too old and out of it to remove it. After chemo I had downy hair, like peach fuzz on my face. I shaved it off and it never came back.

Old 06-18-2019, 07:42 AM

6,521 posts, read 2,355,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gouligann View Post
I hope some women who are in their 40's and 50's chip in here to say they have been shaving their faces since they were in their 20's. I'm wondering if they regret starting shaving? The reason I ask is that I am just afraid for all of you younger women that shave your faces, that as you age the peach fuzz will get more coarse and you'll end up with stubble like men do.

Think it can't/doesn't happen? My brother married a woman when she was in her 50's, so I don't know what her facial hair was like when she was younger. She had a rather large round face and when she hugged our family upon arrival at family events, my boys used to laugh and make jokes afterwards about getting whisker burns. It was certainly true. Her face felt exactly like going cheek to cheek with a man. Just be careful that shaving that peach fuzz doesn't come back to bite you in the ass.

I use a facial hair removal product to get rid of the hair around my mouth. It happens when you age, along with the long hairs that sprout along your chin line.

On the other hand, the rate and amount of growth of hair on my legs has slowed right down. I hardly have to shave my legs any more... maybe 5 times/ summer. It is the same with my eyebrows. There is less and less hair to pluck and for some strange reason, it doesn't hurt like it used to lol.

Well...I'm in my 60's, and started shaving my face in my 50's. I don't do it regularly...just once in awhile, when I think about it, because it DOES make my face feel soooo soft. It's not a maintenance thing (for me) at all.

And no, the hair doesn't come back stubbly, at least, not for me.

Old 06-18-2019, 11:40 AM

57 posts, read 11,771 times
lol I bought one of those by accident.
I saw an ad for one for eyebrows.
The company makes an eye brow one and a face one and I got the wrong one.
So I use it to shave the one blonde hair that grows on my big toe because I always forget to shave it.
I can't stand to see it glimmering in the sun.

But no I don't shave my face.
I will wax or pluck my eyebrows because I think brows look better defined.
When they are they open up the eyes more and they draw more attention to your cheek bones.

But my eyebrows aren't a mess or anything.
I don't have to really do anything to them.
So I'm not one of those people that needs to wax them because if I don't it looks like I only have one or like I have two bushy ones or anything.
And I don't need to wax my mustache because I don't have one.
I don't have that peach fuzz problem many others have either.
Maybe it's because I've been using a peel off mask at least once a month since I was a teen.
Or maybe my face just doesn't grow hair on it just like my arms don't.
The hair on my legs is platinum blonde and very fine.
If I don't shave my legs for a while the only way you can tell is if direct sunlight catches the fine blonde hairs.
Other then that my legs will appear shaved even if they aren't.
The only reason they get shaved as much as they do is for exfoliation purposes.

I like that if I was stranded on a desert island for six months with no beauty supplies I would look exactly the same when I would get rescued as I would have looked when I got stranded.
Most girls would end up with black hairy arms because they couldn't bleach them or shave them, gorilla legs, one eye brow or two bushy eyebrows and a mustache.

Old 06-18-2019, 11:44 AM

21,318 posts, read 21,867,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stooul View Post
Shaving will grow the hair.
no, you're probably doing it wrong

Old 06-18-2019, 11:44 AM

57 posts, read 11,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
Well...I'm in my 60's, and started shaving my face in my 50's. I don't do it regularly...just once in awhile, when I think about it, because it DOES make my face feel soooo soft. It's not a maintenance thing (for me) at all.

And no, the hair doesn't come back stubbly, at least, not for me.
It makes sense that it would make your skin feel softer.
Kind of like a dermaplaning situation.

Old 06-18-2019, 03:22 PM

15,201 posts, read 8,504,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stooul View Post
Shaving will grow the hair.
Nope - old wives tale

Old 06-18-2019, 03:26 PM

15,201 posts, read 8,504,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Btsts View Post
lol I bought one of those by accident.
I saw an ad for one for eyebrows.
The company makes an eye brow one and a face one and I got the wrong one.
So I use it to shave the one blonde hair that grows on my big toe because I always forget to shave it.
I can't stand to see it glimmering in the sun.

But no I don't shave my face.
I will wax or pluck my eyebrows because I think brows look better defined.
When they are they open up the eyes more and they draw more attention to your cheek bones.

But my eyebrows aren't a mess or anything.
I don't have to really do anything to them.
So I'm not one of those people that needs to wax them because if I don't it looks like I only have one or like I have two bushy ones or anything.
And I don't need to wax my mustache because I don't have one.
I don't have that peach fuzz problem many others have either.
Maybe it's because I've been using a peel off mask at least once a month since I was a teen.
Or maybe my face just doesn't grow hair on it just like my arms don't.
The hair on my legs is platinum blonde and very fine.
If I don't shave my legs for a while the only way you can tell is if direct sunlight catches the fine blonde hairs.
Other then that my legs will appear shaved even if they aren't.
The only reason they get shaved as much as they do is for exfoliation purposes.

I like that if I was stranded on a desert island for six months with no beauty supplies I would look exactly the same when I would get rescued as I would have looked when I got stranded.
Most girls would end up with black hairy arms because they couldn't bleach them or shave them, gorilla legs, one eye brow or two bushy eyebrows and a mustache.
Yes, thanks...exactly how I'd look. It's a silly kind of thing - if ya don't need to do hair removal then obviously you don't care and don't do it. If you do, then you do <shrug> Some people are lucky enough to be blonde or super low testosterone or don't have anyone that cares and other people...don't have that luck.

But I don't think a facial mask has anything to do with hair - do you see a bunch of hair come off with it?

Old 06-20-2019, 01:30 PM

16,030 posts, read 12,814,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzie1213 View Post
Lucky! Maybe me being of German decent makes me a little more hairy. I have a lot of peach fuzz along jaw line and in front of ears.
Germans are more hairy?

Where did you get this fake wisdom from??

Old 06-21-2019, 12:14 AM

2,068 posts, read 852,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
Germans are more hairy?

Where did you get this fake wisdom from??
I was being facetious. Not really serious. I guess maybe it didn't come across funny. I have to remember that I'm typing and not f2f and things could be misinterpreted.....by the way, not so much hairy but plenty of peach fuzz.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty