U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2019, 01:05 PM

9,776 posts, read 4,991,647 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I always love the ones that you can feel but not see when you try to get rid of it.
I am relentless when it comes to those! I make it my mission to find them and vanquish them! LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2019, 01:13 PM

59 posts, read 12,746 times
You bet. I love my little Panasonic battery-operated face shaver. The hair removal creams began to irritate my face so I tried shaving my face as a man would but that irritated, too. The Panasonic is easy, fast, and works very well on all my peach fuzz.

Old 06-22-2019, 11:10 AM

181 posts, read 111,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cs45 View Post
What is the best way to approach this to my wife who sometimes plucks her chin hairs, but there is alot that she missed. Would giving her a box of Nair wax be ok?
Depends on how easily she's embarrassed.

If she wears makeup the next time giving gifting comes around (birthday, holiday, whatever) how about buying her a nice magnifying mirror with a light. Throw in some cash for makeup etc. so it's not so obvious.

Old 06-23-2019, 02:44 PM

141 posts, read 28,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzie1213 View Post
...So....do you shave too?
I've read that shaving the face is great exfoliation! I don't shave anywhere on my body though.

A man said once he didn't like to see women that didn't shave under their arms, but I think if a man wants me to look like a pre-pubescent girl, he's got the problem--not me.

Old 06-24-2019, 10:03 AM

31,598 posts, read 19,931,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KimNChicago View Post
I've read that shaving the face is great exfoliation! I don't shave anywhere on my body though.

A man said once he didn't like to see women that didn't shave under their arms, but I think if a man wants me to look like a pre-pubescent girl, he's got the problem--not me.

So if a guy shaves his face you won't date him because he looks like a pre-pubescent boy?
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs

Old 06-25-2019, 04:13 PM

141 posts, read 28,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
So if a guy shaves his face you won't date him because he looks like a pre-pubescent boy?
I don't get the analogy: telling someone you don't like their body hair is different from freely choosing to shave your own hair off, e.g., I wouldn't tell a guy that he looks good or bad with/out facial hair. I don't see the point in telling someone MY preferences about their hair. What does that achieve, except for diminishing their self-confidence?

Women are human, so we grow hair. A man who doesn't want to see a woman with hair seems he's fantasizing about a child--without hair. That's just MY interpretation of what he said, and the way he said it just didn't sit well with ME. I like my body hair, so he offended me. Sorry if I offended you.

Old 06-28-2019, 09:20 AM

6,034 posts, read 13,125,138 times
This thread has got me pricing those lighted magnifying mirrors, so I can examine my aging ugly mug in all it's potentially hairy glory up-close! lol I've never had one, but now I'm obsessed with getting a good one! Any recommendations?

Old 07-03-2019, 02:11 PM

9,729 posts, read 18,413,929 times
I knew a lady who shaved her face but still got a 5 o'clock shadow.

Old 07-04-2019, 04:49 PM

35,419 posts, read 10,475,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steel7 View Post

Ringling Bros. closed in 2017.

Old 07-04-2019, 09:38 PM

2,068 posts, read 852,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steel7 View Post
That's probably a hormone problem. I was more talking about shaving to remove peach fuss. Not a stubble beard/whiskers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty