U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2019, 08:28 AM

3,179 posts, read 1,604,775 times

Advertisements

All things aside, go to a dermatologist (we have one in our family) and get your acne treated. With all the advances in skin care you should not have that issue. After that, see how things go.

Old 06-11-2019, 08:34 AM

21,561 posts, read 14,180,052 times
In general young women have a beauty that older woman cannot match. There is also something about youth that feels wholesome and optimistic. But I think the OP is posting about desirability, not beauty. And it is true that men of all ages gravitate to young women as moths to flame.

Not all young women are great beauties, of course. I certainly was not. But while you are young, I think you should revel in your youth and vigor. All ages have their rewards but being young and always in the moment, or looking forward with optimism, is a short lived experience.

Stop comparing yourself. Be yourself. Most of us are not great beauties, and did not have men trailing after us with desire. But we got on with living. It is obvious that you are aware of flaws; make sure you are aware of your assets!

Old 06-11-2019, 09:47 AM

20 posts, read 2,018 times
Beauty is subjective, and many get into relationships way beyond the "desirable age".

You must have heard of this plenty of times before, but you are still young. Take time to discover your own style that you would be comfortable in and would make you feel beautiful. Pick out features that you like about yourself, physical and otherwise, and let them shine.

Old 06-11-2019, 10:46 AM

15 posts, read 5,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMBGBlueCanary View Post
The men who say these things online say them not because they are true, but for two reasons:

1) To put down "older women" (which always makes me laugh because most women they are trying to "put down" are too wise to fall for that crap. At least the ones I know anyway).

2) To make younger women feel insecure because it's not reality (and they hope "desperate" to date them. I think this is the true motivation).

Don't fall for either. They are playing mind games. Men who say these things are out to use women and are men to be avoided.

In reality is it's hard for everyone except a very few to find someone. Not only do you need to find someone you are attracted to and could love, but they need to be attracted to you too and see you as someone they could love. It takes time and a lot of effort.

Based on what you said, I would recommend talking to a dermatologist about your skin issues (you never said what they are) but they may be treatable and therefore something temporary in your life. As for looking like a teen and such, it sounds like you take care of yourself and look young for your age. Taking care of yourself will serve you well when you get older. Not just physical attraction, but you will be healthier and feel better (and maybe even live longer) for being so good to yourself.

My guess is, like so many young women, you will find that you are a late bloomer. While it can be disheartening now, in the long run, it can be a great advantage. It give you time to grow and develop mentally into a deep, strong, and interesting person while avoiding those men who are manipulators trying to tear down women.
I really appreciate your message. Thank you!
Yes, the flaws on my face is acne and it's literally the only thing that makes me insecure. This might sound crazy but social media doesn't help either when most of my peers have crystal clear skin whileI have to guzzle down bottles of water and still breakout.

I'm going to schedule with a dermatologist and dietician to form a regimen for my skin and try to eliminate foods that exacerbate my acne. The "looks" prime thing really gets to me because I never "peaked" in high school and with college, I'm practically invisible despite being socially active. I agree with you on how some men can say such things to use as a scaring tactic for women but I'm going to try to not buy into it. I always said my 30s would be my prime years because my 20s are like an extended adolescent phase that I didn't think would ever exist.

Old 06-11-2019, 11:42 AM

26,413 posts, read 62,641,511 times
Try shaving off your eyebrows an painting big black blotches on above your eyes. That seems to be the earmark of beauty for today's young women.

Personally I think it looks ridiculous but someone must like it because it seems to be very common. Maybe you are just missing eye blotches. Try it and see if guys get in line to talk to you.

Old 06-11-2019, 11:56 AM

12,018 posts, read 6,622,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixfeetunder View Post
Yes, the flaws on my face is acne and it's literally the only thing that makes me insecure. This might sound crazy but social media doesn't help either when most of my peers have crystal clear skin whileI have to guzzle down bottles of water and still breakout.

I'm going to schedule with a dermatologist and dietician to form a regimen for my skin and try to eliminate foods that exacerbate my acne. The "looks" prime thing really gets to me because I never "peaked" in high school and with college, I'm practically invisible despite being socially active. I agree with you on how some men can say such things to use as a scaring tactic for women but I'm going to try to not buy into it. I always said my 30s would be my prime years because my 20s are like an extended adolescent phase that I didn't think would ever exist.
Do whatever you need for your skin, Mod cut..

Yes, I do think men especially online overstate things and don't think about what they are saying, and many of them are young and inexperienced at life and relationships. Yes your thirties can be your prime years, absolutely. Some people come into their own at different times than others.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 06-11-2019 at 01:01 PM.. Reason: Off-topic.

Old 06-11-2019, 11:58 AM

15 posts, read 5,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
Try shaving off your eyebrows an painting big black blotches on above your eyes. That seems to be the earmark of beauty for today's young women.

Personally I think it looks ridiculous but someone must like it because it seems to be very common. Maybe you are just missing eye blotches. Try it and see if guys get in line to talk to you.
I know the makeup trend you're talking about lol
My hair is jet black but I just need to grow my eyebrows thicker. Thankfully, thick eyebrows run in my family so I'm hopeful my eyebrows will grow back. My eyebrows will make my face look 10x better along with my eyes.

Old 06-11-2019, 12:02 PM

22,442 posts, read 23,999,435 times
Quote:
It's a lot more likely that they have photoshop and use filters than that they all have perfect skin.

Old 06-11-2019, 12:14 PM

26,413 posts, read 62,641,511 times
Quote:
Yes, the flaws on my face is acne and it's literally the only thing that makes me insecure. This might sound crazy but social media doesn't help either when most of my peers have crystal clear skin while I have to guzzle down bottles of water and still breakout.

Find a guy with acne. Problem solved. I know they are out there. I made some. Wonderful guys. However they are shy and would not likely approach you or any gal. today's guys seem to be even more pansified than we were. So terrified of the possibility of rejection, they would rather just be alone. You need to be blunt as in 'Hi if you asked me out, I would say yes.

By the way it almost always goes away with age. I knew a lot of people with really severe acne. All of them cleared up by their 30s. Most sooner.

Also just so you know, the average age for American women to marry for the first time is now 27 or 28 and rising. I watch so many young women get antsy because they are 27 or 29 and not married or even dating. At 27 you are just getting to the average. That means half the women your age are not married.

Old 06-11-2019, 12:54 PM

2,315 posts, read 1,051,606 times
I donít think I turned into a troll on my 26th birthday, but maybe I did lol There are beautiful women of all ages and men out there who are attracted to them.
Young doesnít equal beauty, it just equals young .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or