Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2019, 12:26 PM

15 posts, read 14,146 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I apologize if it sounded like I was implying that you were ugly (I'd never say that about anyone!) just that the notion that some guys will sleep with anyone when they're drunk isn't what most women are looking for.
It's okay
I agree on what you said about meaningless sex.

Old 06-13-2019, 12:56 PM

20,382 posts, read 14,656,708 times
Even if you are "attractive" in some way or for whatever reasons, as a woman, all that means is that the odds are good, but the goods are odd. Usually not in ways you want them to be.

I've got a coworker friend who is like, the whole package. She's 26, brilliant, well educated in a typically male-dominated field, well paid, loves dogs, motorcycles, cigars, guns, and fancy booze. No kids, graceful, physically fit. And yes, she is beautiful. And she does get the attention of men, but all I've got to do is go out with her and see what KIND of men... It would be funny if it weren't to a point of being downright tiresome for her. She's been single in the dating scene for a while, and her standards are not astronomically high, but she just keeps on meeting one dud after the next.

I admit, there are times I hear about my younger and more "attractive" (looks-wise at least) friends and how they get SO many messages on this or that site, and they just can't possibly even look at them all, and I'm like somewhere between and because I sure haven't gotten that kind of attention since a point in my life when I wasn't even legal yet! (And what does it say about men of all ages, that I got sexual interest from much older guys starting at age 12, that practically vanished in comparison shortly after I became an actual adult? Creepy?) But yeah, then I'm like, "Do I REALLY need the sometimes gross and demeaning pestering from all of the f-boys of the world? How validating is that, honestly?"

Guess I'm saying that I've known beautiful women who still struggle to find something good, and women who aren't some kind of magazine-cover ideal by far, who have fulfilling relationships with men who appreciate them through and through. Life is funny like that. Just be the best version of yourself that you can be at any point in your life, that's really all there is for any of us to do.

Old 06-13-2019, 01:04 PM

1,734 posts, read 1,202,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixfeetunder View Post
I wouldn't say I'm jaw dropping ugly but just not beautiful, sexy, or attractive enough for shallow guys physical beauty standards. I never have been and yes, unfortunately, I've been approached by guys who just wanted me for a one night stand or sex at their apartment but I never gave in and I'm proud of myself.
Well, good. What would *you* want with a "shallow guy"?

Old 06-13-2019, 01:11 PM

102,217 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannabeCPA View Post
Huh? I never implied that ALL young women have magnetic physical characteristics. I don't know where you got that from. Of course not all women are barbies, in fact the vast majority aren't. Of course being young in itself isn't enough to attract attention. You seem to be creating an argument when none exists.

The OP asked if ALL young women are beautiful. I said my answer is a definite NO. I also said that younger women in GENERAL are more desirable to men due to their physical characteristics. Ex. Your average women would attract more male attention at 25 than at 45. Of course this is a GENERALIZATION. It does not happen all the time but it happens more often than not. Do you disagree with anything I said?
See how helpful it is, to clarify? I accept your first paragraph. Whether or not I agree that "average" women, if you really mean "average", would get more attention at 25 vs. 45 doesn't matter. so much. (I know too many average women who got zip in their 20's, but really came into their own later on.). I'll take your clarification in the spirit in which it was offered.

Old 06-13-2019, 01:37 PM

15 posts, read 14,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
Even if you are "attractive" in some way or for whatever reasons, as a woman, all that means is that the odds are good, but the goods are odd. Usually not in ways you want them to be.

I've got a coworker friend who is like, the whole package. She's 26, brilliant, well educated in a typically male-dominated field, well paid, loves dogs, motorcycles, cigars, guns, and fancy booze. No kids, graceful, physically fit. And yes, she is beautiful. And she does get the attention of men, but all I've got to do is go out with her and see what KIND of men... It would be funny if it weren't to a point of being downright tiresome for her. She's been single in the dating scene for a while, and her standards are not astronomically high, but she just keeps on meeting one dud after the next.

I admit, there are times I hear about my younger and more "attractive" (looks-wise at least) friends and how they get SO many messages on this or that site, and they just can't possibly even look at them all, and I'm like somewhere between and because I sure haven't gotten that kind of attention since a point in my life when I wasn't even legal yet! (And what does it say about men of all ages, that I got sexual interest from much older guys starting at age 12, that practically vanished in comparison shortly after I became an actual adult? Creepy?) But yeah, then I'm like, "Do I REALLY need the sometimes gross and demeaning pestering from all of the f-boys of the world? How validating is that, honestly?"

Guess I'm saying that I've known beautiful women who still struggle to find something good, and women who aren't some kind of magazine-cover ideal by far, who have fulfilling relationships with men who appreciate them through and through. Life is funny like that. Just be the best version of yourself that you can be at any point in your life, that's really all there is for any of us to do.
Girl, I definitely feel you on this.
All of the comments and replies from this thread reassured me greatly!.

I myself also received a ton of sexual stares and harassment starting from age 12-16 from older guys and men versus now as an adult young woman and quite frankly, I haven't changed much from those ages except for my 5'7 height but then again, I was very short, baby faced, and petite at those ages. It's very bizarre knowing that many women have experienced this growing up.

My baby face at 20 is not all that attractive because I don't look stereotypically "hot", "sexy", or "gorgeous". I don't even bother wearing short tight dresses and heels because I look so awkward and out of place in them.

Old 06-13-2019, 01:50 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,825,823 times
Are All Young Women Beautiful?

Of course not. They're just young.

Old 06-13-2019, 01:52 PM

102,217 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixfeetunder View Post
Girl, I definitely feel you on this.
All of the comments and replies from this thread reassured me greatly!.

I myself also received a ton of sexual stares and harassment starting from age 12-16 from older guys and men versus now as an adult young woman and quite frankly, I haven't changed much from those ages except for my 5'7 height but then again, I was very short, baby faced, and petite at those ages. It's very bizarre knowing that many women have experienced this growing up.

My baby face at 20 is not all that attractive because I don't look stereotypically "hot", "sexy", or "gorgeous". I don't even bother wearing short tight dresses and heels because I look so awkward and out of place in them.
See, if it were youth in and of itself that attracted male attention, all the baby-faced women would be fighting guys off with a stick. Most aren't even on their radar, for men of any age. You're absolutely right; it's the women with a naturally "hot", sexy look that are the guy magnets. OTOH, there are probably guys out there, who like the baby-faced look, but they're probably too shy to approach women they're attracted to.

Old 06-13-2019, 02:32 PM

12,766 posts, read 18,376,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
There are a small number of young women who are pursued by a large number of men. It most certainly is not all young women. It's easily fewer than 10% of young women. A generous proportion of those pursuing men don't have good intentions; they want a status symbol to hang on their arm and they don't actually care for the person, just how she looks to their competition.

Pretty women with nice bodies in their thirties also attract a lot of attention.

But open your eyes and look around. There are many moderately attractive women and many plain women with husbands and kids and all the traditional family trappings. Beauty isn't the hook to catch attention with.

If you are talking about having acne, so and see a dermatologist. There are some pretty good treatments.

My life experience is that you will get further with a good sense of humor and a pleasant personality than you will get with nothing more to offer than a pretty face.
hell you can have a big old ring on your finger and be standing next to your husband and they will still approach !!!

Old 06-13-2019, 02:39 PM

12,766 posts, read 18,376,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turf3 View Post
So, let me see, OP is 20 years old and has acne and is not gettting much male attention, is that it?

Relax. If you are moderately healthy and don't take up bad habits you have at least another 60 years in the can.

I believe it was Ovid who said "If thou wouldst be loved, be lovable." Why don't you focus on that? I guarantee you that sooner or later a smart, funny, warm-hearted young woman who has a lot of interests and a good personality, and is reasonably physically fit (in other words, smaller than "morbidly obese") will find a man. You know, people don't have expiration dates.
When I was 20 I looked 13. No one was knocking on my door, lol.

Now @ 37, I would say I look mid-late 20's. I am married but I look the best now than I have ever looked and I get a lot of attention, both when I'm with my husband and when I'm not.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder though. Some people peak a little bit later in life. OP, I suspect you will be a looker when you're older.

I can't wait to turn 40 and look 28/29 and know 'I still got it'

Old 06-13-2019, 03:09 PM

17,216 posts, read 57,072,247 times
I have certainly known young women who were homely. They had good skin tone and all, but, at the end of the day, a homely face. And for me, that ends any thought of attractiveness. Thinking of one gal, a nice enough person, but wearing "birth control" glasses, a man-cut hairdo, and just plain homely. Just not attractive to me in the least. Mid 20's I guess.

Certainly I have seen older gals who "still have it going on" and to me that is more impressive than a 20-something who is still able to coast on her youth. I'm thinking of another gal who is now retired, last time I saw her was her 70th birthday. Beautiful face, great hair, still very decent figure considering her age. Beats that 20-something a drum, the way a well-kept 288 GTO beats a new Hyundai sedan. Just, like, no comparison (If you don't know what a 288 GTO is, Google it!)

And, attitude. Their attitude was completely different. The first one acted like sex was never on her mind, George Cloony could walk by her desk and she would hardly look up. But the older one was like a cat on the prowl. All. The. Time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty