U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2019, 10:08 AM

78,781 posts, read 70,607,687 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Jazz View Post
I'm not sure if pink and lavender is a good combo. I typically pair them with either some light blue chino shorts, or some blue denim shorts. My preferred chino shorts aren't made in lavender, and pink and lavender might be too close in color unless the pink is an orange-toned pink (my preferred pink shade is a light purple-toned pink). I do have a lilac polo, but I don't think they would pair well with my pink chino shorts. A darker purple polo might be a better match. So far I have paired my pink chino shorts with blue polos and T-shirts, as well as a light green T-shirt (green is the opposite of pink).
OK, purple and pink, then. "Lilac", that's the word I've been looking for. But I see what you mean; you want more of a contrast. Well purple would do well, too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2019, 03:07 PM

11,165 posts, read 20,482,773 times
I'm mostly wearing shorts and tshirts. If I want to look slightly dressier, I'll wear a cotton top with a short cotton skirt that has shorts inside.

I don't like maxi dresses because my legs get really warm and sweaty...maybe it's just too hot and humid here for them to be comfortable, or maybe the ones I've owned have been the wrong fabric. The only long skirts I can stand to wear in the summer are the ones with a slit up to the knee on both sides.

Old 06-13-2019, 05:54 PM

2,275 posts, read 3,172,450 times
I like sundresses best. I also like jelly flats with that have the structure of shoes but are breathable like sandals.

I also like florals and stripes with cropped pants or capris in shades of khaki, pink or mint green.

Old 06-14-2019, 03:34 PM

57 posts, read 12,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I've been noticing the swimsuit coverups, that look like they'd make great tunics!

I agree about maxi dresses, too: sleeveless. I like some of the Indonesian batik ones. I also like skorts with tops in a matching color. My new summer item is a pair of pale aqua ankle jeans from Land's End (they were 50% off), with embroidery around the hem. Good to coordinate with tunics.
You don't have your own personal sense of style.
You copy other people.

Old 06-14-2019, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Jazz, you need to contrast the pink polo with some lavender shorts, or visa versa. Yum! Great combo!
Is jazz a four year old girl?

Old 06-14-2019, 03:41 PM

Quote:
I'm not sure if pink and lavender is a good combo. I typically pair them with either some light blue chino shorts, or some blue denim shorts. My preferred chino shorts aren't made in lavender, and pink and lavender might be too close in color unless the pink is an orange-toned pink (my preferred pink shade is a light purple-toned pink). I do have a lilac polo, but I don't think they would pair well with my pink chino shorts. A darker purple polo might be a better match. So far I have paired my pink chino shorts with blue polos and T-shirts, as well as a light green T-shirt (green is the opposite of pink).
It's not a good combo for an adult to wear.
What color shorts will work with a light pink polo if you are an adult?
Navy blue, green (emerald, forest, army, etcetera) khaki, white, grey.

Last edited by Btsts; 06-14-2019 at 04:05 PM..

Old 06-14-2019, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexWest View Post
I like sundresses best. I also like jelly flats with that have the structure of shoes but are breathable like sandals.

I also like florals and stripes with cropped pants or capris in shades of khaki, pink or mint green.
Jelly flats are the best.
You don't have to worry about them getting wet.

Old 06-14-2019, 03:52 PM

My fav summer outfits for this upcoming summer are sundresses, flip flops, water proof bags and bags made out of straw.
But I'm going to be spending the summer in a tropical setting.
If I was spending it in Detroit my fav summer outfits would be very different.

And I think my absolute fav summer outfit is going to be a bikini top with a mermaid tail.
I'm going to be spending my days in tropical lagoon type places and I'm so excited to swim around in them.

So my fav clothes will be clothes that I can comfortably wear if I'm wearing a wet bathing suit underneath.

Old 06-14-2019, 04:04 PM

5,207 posts, read 7,893,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Btsts View Post
It's not a good combo for an adult to wear.
What color shorts will work with a light pink polo if you are an adult?
Navy blue, green (emerald, forest, army, etcetera) khaki, white.
Navy, khaki, and white seem like year-round colors, and emerald is definitely a spring/summer color, but forest and army seem like fall/winter colors. It seems like pairing spring/summer colors with fall/winter colors would clash. My usual pairing for pink polos are light blue chino shorts, blue denim shorts, or blue jeans. I actually wear my pink polos even in the winter and on cold days will pair them with a pink hoodie or pink pullover fleece.

Old 06-14-2019, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Navy, khaki, and white seem like year-round colors, and emerald is definitely a spring/summer color, but forest and army seem like fall/winter colors. It seems like pairing spring/summer colors with fall/winter colors would clash. usual pairing for pink polos are light blue chino shorts, blue denim shorts, or blue jeans. I actually wear my pink polos even in the winter and on cold days will pair them with a pink hoodie or pink pullover fleece.
That's a lot of pink.

It depends where you live if white is a year round color or not.
I'm old school.
If there is snow on the ground where you are at the only white pants that are acceptable are ones that are "winter white" which isn't really white.

I listed colors that would work with a light pink polo.
If you think forest green would make it look like a winter outfit then you would feel the same way about navy blue.
And if you think that Army is just a winter color then that means that you would feel the same about any khaki that isn't really really light in color.
Because sometimes Army is like the green version of khacki.

Wear what you like.
I was just saying what color shorts would work with a light pink polo if you are an adult.

If you never do anything outside or you never do anything in nature then you can get away with only wearing light colored shorts.
Not all people are in that situation.
Some people sit on the actual ground.
So for many it would make much more sense to pair a light pink polo with Army green shorts instead of light blue.
And those colors compliment each other so it works.

I don't know if you are a guy or a gal, but if you are a guy you shouldn't be wearing denim shorts with anything.

I've seen pink polos with jeans plenty of times, but not so much with light blue chinos on adults.
That's not a usual pairing to me.
I usually see pink polos with khacki or white.

I have a super awsome forest green and gold bikini.
I don't wear it in the winter.
Forest green is also a very popular color for summer items.
Like outdoor patio cushions etcetera.
It's a very common color for summer decor.
It's also very common to see people that work at beach resorts wearing light pink polos with forest green shorts.
It's kind of like a tree leaf meets the pink sky at sunset look.
Speaking of leaves, palm tree patterns are summer patterns.
The leaves in those patterns are usually forest green.

And there are many people that think that light pink is just a spring or summer color.
I'm not one of those people.
I own some light pink winter sweaters.
But it's strange that you feel that its wrong for someone to wear Army in the summer but that it's perfectly fine to wear pastel pink in the winter.
It's kind of hypocritical don't you think?

Last edited by Btsts; 06-14-2019 at 05:20 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or