U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2019, 05:00 PM

5,207 posts, read 7,893,184 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Btsts View Post
That's a lot of pink.
It depends where you live if white is a year round color or not.
I'm old school.
If there is snow on the ground where you are at the only white pants that are acceptable are ones that are "winter white" which isn't really white.

I listed the colors that would work with a light pink polo.
If you think forest green would make it look like a winter outfit then you would feel the same way about navy blue.
And if you think that Army is just a winter color then that means that you would feel the same about any khaki that isn't really really light in color.
Because sometimes Army is like the green version of khacki.

Wear what you like.
I was just saying what color shorts would work with a light pink polo if you are an adult.

If you never do anything outside or you never do anything in nature then you can get away with only wearing light colored shorts.
Not all people are in that situation.
Some people sit on the actual ground.
So for many it would make much more sense to pair a light pink polo with Army green shorts instead of light blue.
And those colors compliment each other so it works.

I don't know if you are a guy or a gal, but if you are a guy you shouldn't be wearing denim shorts with anything.

I've seen pink polos with jeans plenty of times, but not so much with light blue chinos on adults.
That's not a usual pairing to me.
I usually see pink polos with khacki or white.

I have a super awsome forest green and gold bikini.
I don't wear it in the winter.
Forest green is also a very popular color for summer items.
Like outdoor patio cushions etcetera.
It's a very common color for summer decor.

There are also many people that think that light pink is just a spring or summer color.
I'm not one of those people.
I own some light pink winter sweaters.
But it's strange that you feel that its wrong for someone to wear Army in the summer but that it's perfectly fine to wear pastel pink in the winter.
It's kind of hypocritical don't you think?
It's not wearing it in the summer, it is that the colors would clash with the pairing. While in womenswear light pink is a common color with fall/winter clothes, it is fairly uncommon in menswear.

BTW I am 31 year old male.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2019, 06:24 PM

5,655 posts, read 8,667,031 times
Anything with white pants.

Old 06-14-2019, 11:10 PM

1,548 posts, read 1,281,412 times
Denim skirt (just above the knee) is my go-to summer "going out casually" wear. Goes with any top I own, cooler (temperature-wise) than pants, fancier than shorts, looks great with sandals.

Old 06-15-2019, 07:38 AM

57 posts, read 12,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Jazz View Post
It's not wearing it in the summer, it is that the colors would clash with the pairing. While in womenswear light pink is a common color with fall/winter clothes, it is fairly uncommon in menswear.

BTW I am 31 year old male.
I realize that there are colors that are stereotypically fall or summer.
But it's all about the fabric.
Black for example is worn year round.
But the fabric is appropriate for the season.

If a guy wore a pair of light cotton shorts that were army green in color with a light pink polo during the summer he would not clash. Those colors complimemt each other and they are actually paired together quite often.

It's like you read an article that said "fall colors are these, summer colors are these" so that's all you know about colors.

It's not as black and white as that.
There are a lot of grey areas in fashion.
Especially when it comes to color.

I personally think that baby blue paired with baby pink on an adult man would look silly. Not masculine.
But maybe that's the look you are going for.

Wear what you want but for most adult men it would make more sense to wear khacki or army green with a light pink polo.
No offense but most adult men don't wear light pink polos in the winter with a light pink fuzzy fleece or a light pink hoodie over it.
You must realize that.
Your fashion choices aren't for everyone.
Some people would consider your choices to be very unfashionable.
And kind of boring too.

Old 06-15-2019, 08:25 AM

15,248 posts, read 8,538,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog_Mom View Post
I'm mostly wearing shorts and tshirts. If I want to look slightly dressier, I'll wear a cotton top with a short cotton skirt that has shorts inside.

I don't like maxi dresses because my legs get really warm and sweaty...maybe it's just too hot and humid here for them to be comfortable, or maybe the ones I've owned have been the wrong fabric. The only long skirts I can stand to wear in the summer are the ones with a slit up to the knee on both sides.
Yes! BTW - those are "skorts" as in skirt/shorts = sk/orts

Old 06-15-2019, 09:55 AM

6,318 posts, read 3,579,899 times
In my heart I'm Boho.

A kajillion pair of sandals and rather go barefoot. Crochet, paisley, silky and woven fabrics. A lot of artisanal jewelry that's too heavy and hot for summer days. Most of the time I'll be in my trusty cut-offs and a t-top in my flower beds, a swim-suit at the beach, or boots, jeans and bandana on the bike.

I keep a few things in my closet that are up-to-date and appropriate for varied occasions but I buy most of my clothing like art - what appeals to me.

Old 06-15-2019, 10:07 AM

57 posts, read 12,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Yes! BTW - those are "skorts" as in skirt/shorts = sk/orts
I grew up cheerleading and skorts remind me of cheerleading skirts with the bottoms underneath.
So I don't have a desire to wear them because I grew up in them.
I spent a lot of my life dressed like that so I'm over it and bored with stuff like that now.
No skorts for me.
And if you were required to wear them through out your childhood you wouldn't be all "yay skorts" either.
When ever I see an adult in a skort I know they weren't a cheerleader, on the tennis team, or on the field hockey team.

Sorry I just can't consider skorts to be normal clothing to run errands in or whatever with my particular athletic background.

And who the heck invented the half skort?
The ones that look like skirts from the front but shorts in the back?
Those things are horrific.
So dumb looking.

Old 06-15-2019, 04:44 PM

3,583 posts, read 1,378,440 times
hawaiian shirt.
white pants.
no socks.
loafers.

yes, that is what
my wife says, too.

Old 06-15-2019, 06:01 PM

3,697 posts, read 1,872,421 times
At home, NortFace zip off leg shorts, logo tee shirts, flip flops.

Going out - white jeans, white tee or shirt, black blazer, Nike Lunarsandiators or Ferragamos.

Just casual jeans, tee, sandals

My summer favorite are Eileen Fisher frayed hem wide leg crops in denim. Scored these on the EF site for $62. Very cute and are 4 season.

Old 06-17-2019, 05:29 AM

10,301 posts, read 4,875,305 times
I bought a great summer midi dress at Old Navy over the weekend. It's white with black polka dots with a fitted waist and wide spaghetti straps. I plan to wear it with red shoes. Also bought 2 pairs of linen pants with some tops and a sleeveless navy dress with white polka dots. I love polka dots. I love white jeans but it's too hot here in Florida for jeans in the summer. (Well pretty much from May-November).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or